Caribbean/West Indian Countries With The Most Racial Mixtures And Intermarriage

A.K.K.S.

Are you speaking for ALL Central Americans on the planet? Or the just the few on Imix that you claim are "always quick to tell yuh dey central american.. now dey are dese other things too when it convinient." Or "on here all day all night preaching bout they central american not west indian or anything of the sort." I don't recall any of that happening, but if you says it does, we can roll with that.

I see you like to generalize and make blanket statements. Perhaps you should just start your sentences off with " In my opinion" or "From my perspective" That comes off a lot less close minded and offensive.

Lastly, you need to relax a bit. Like A.K.K.S. said, you are not the "Caribbean Gatekeeper" What's it to you if a person or country is is Caribbean AND Central American. Does it bother you that much?

Also, proclivity mean tendency. So you are looking at the tendency of central america to be celebrated?? You don't see why we celebrate our culture. What I'm saying in PLAIN ENGLISH (I was trying to be nice earlier) is that point you are making and how you made is two different things. That sentence does not mean in any shape or form anything close to responses that you gave when I first asked what you meant.
E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.... Nobody is "switching roles when it's convenient". And also, because I don't like that stupid @$$ "West Indian" term, doesn't mean that I'm trying to differentiate my country from the islands fully surrounded by the Caribbean Sea.

Why would Belize be included and Suriname not?
Because Suriname doesn't even border the Caribbean, but the Atlantic Ocean. Guyana get's a pass, because it's closer, and has cultural similarities to the Anglophone Caribbean, especially YOUR country.

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.... Nobody is "switching roles when it's convenient". And also, because I don't like that stupid @$$ "West Indian" term, doesn't mean that I'm trying to differentiate my country from the islands fully surrounded by the Caribbean Sea.

Because Suriname doesn't even border the Caribbean, but the Atlantic Ocean. Guyana get's a pass, because it's closer, and has cultural similarities to the Anglophone Caribbean, especially YOUR country.
Besides having large number of Indians and a mix society, what is the major cultural similarities u alluding to?

A.K.K.S.

Besides having large number of Indians and a mix society, what is the major cultural similarities u alluding to?
English colonisation, sugar as the source of slave labour, racial tensions along Afro-Indo lines, Chutney music.

The black Guyanese from Georgetown sound alot like Trinidadians. The rest of Guyanese speak straight Creolese though, especially the Indian ones

Steupz

I don't see many interracial marriages in Trinidad. I doh even know where all dem douglas come out from because I doh see dey parents at all.
But there is definitely a lot of watering of the brandy going on here because many young people bear little resemblance to their grandparents.
I don't look like my grandparents at all. So I think there's a huge amount of ethnic switching across generations in Trinidad. And the stats on the mixed population is about 20% but it's probably, truthfully more like one-third, because, from what I can tell, Trinidadians are reluctant to classify themselves as mixed.

That 20% is probably more the opinion of the people taking the census rather than collating the actual responses.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Are you speaking for ALL Central Americans on the planet? Or the just the few on Imix that you claim are "always quick to tell yuh dey central american.. now dey are dese other things too when it convinient." Or "on here all day all night preaching bout they central american not west indian or anything of the sort." I don't recall any of that happening, but if you says it does, we can roll with that.

I see you like to generalize and make blanket statements. Perhaps you should just start your sentences off with " In my opinion" or "From my perspective" That comes off a lot less close minded and offensive.

Lastly, you need to relax a bit. Like A.K.K.S. said, you are not the "Caribbean Gatekeeper" What's it to you if a person or country is is Caribbean AND Central American. Does it bother you that much?

Also, proclivity mean tendency. So you are looking at the tendency of central america to be celebrated?? You don't see why we celebrate our culture. What I'm saying in PLAIN ENGLISH (I was trying to be nice earlier) is that point you are making and how you made is two different things. That sentence does not mean in any shape or form anything close to responses that you gave when I first asked what you meant.
okay.. the country at hand being discussed is Belize, not wherever you come from or Panama or nicaragua.. simply Belize.. maybe you have been in the combat zone and have never see Coco/Black Madonna state on more than one occasion that Belizeans do NOT consider themselves West Indian (and even derisively state how west indians want to "lump" them in there )and also add in that they are Central American.. then AKKS comes in and gives us a quick "here's a look at belize" in almost every post (which is fine of itself as i dont mind learning about another country) and again goes in and states that he doesnt like the term "West Indian" and wants to be called Anglo Carribbean etc so then the question begs itself.. do you consider Belize to be Central American and Caribbean and West Indian if proponents of these countries (the belizeans on here in case you not "getting" that) argue against being called West Indian (one even going so far as to talk about Western India.. which is both bizarre and amazing at the same time)... i found it interesting that for a long time the resident belize contingent was saying one thing but then when it comes to a thread about caribbean/west indian.. which many countries use INTERCHANGEABLY, not choosing one or the other... they are now at the forefront.. I don't see myself as any caribbean gatekeeper, contrary to popular belief.. i was just looking at how its not much of an issue to be "lumped in" with the west indians if it means that belize can come out on top..

and next, if i'm writing a post and not using quotes or putting a link, then a thinking person can logically deduce that it is MY opinion.. i mean really... unless i say "i heard" or "somebody told me" then it's safe to say that i am giving MY view.. didn't realize that needed to be obvious but.... i digresss..

and lastly, since i am only speaking about Belize, ALL central americans are not the topic of discussion here so i dont see why you would extrapolate that to ask me if i am talkin about all Central Americans or just the ones on imix if i'm addressing something that was said on IMIX. if i had come with a newspaper article from somewhere in one of those central american countries then i guess i would be looking at the "central american sentiment", but i addressed something said on imix so it's safe to assume that i'm dealing with the sentiment of a belizean contingent on imix, no? Belize is geographically, culturally and historically Central American, Caribbean and West Indian, however the belizeans have taken an issue with the term "West Indian" and i find that particularly interesting since no matter what book you read, history will have pegged Belize aka the former British Honduras as West Indian due to its British Colonial past, whether it's sons and daughters like that term or not. However, I will not tell people how they can identify.. if they say dey not west indian then fine by me.. no issue there..

B

Black Madonna

but black madonna is only ONE poster
and black madonna says it is Caribbean. I differentiate Caribbean from West Indian all the time when people insist on using it interchangeably. so folks can cut the bullshit out now. I have never said Belize is not Caribbean. It borders on the Caribbean Sea has Cayes off it. Just like the Bay Islands off of Honduras.

when somebody said their letters are addressed Jamaica, W.I... I said ours are addressed Belize, C.A. that was to counter people questioning Belize as West Indian, there has never been a debate about it being Caribbean.... unless a jackass uses Caribbean and WI interchangeably... and they are not

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
it being caribbean is not and never was an issue.. i said west indian.. west indian..

and babyloc , how many belize posters on here you know.. or are vocal?

neways, this is not an important issue.. to each his own.. i aint telling nobody what to call dey country or deyself..

dollbabi

Earth Angel
It's interesting to me that when AKKS was acting those he can define the identities of Caribbean people, particularly those who are West Indian, nothing is said from his Central American counterparts. Even here, he is back with this Anglo Caribbean nonsense. Blanketing an entire group of people with a term the vast majority do not embrace.

Yet when someone labels Belize as Central American, now it's an issue when before it was emphasized.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
u know i considered them central american countries for an upcoming vacation.. not sure which one of them i will go to though.. i think it may be panama due to some interests...

B

Black Madonna

Belize is Caribbean as a tourist gimmick.
How many times have they had the debate on this board about defining Caribbean... geographically, culturally and politically Caricom), culturally and trying to figure out how Belize and Guyana fit in? a million and odd times. ....

and why is that convo continuously had... because most of unnuh is confused as fukk,

LIONESS onda RISE

and black madonna says it is Caribbean. I differentiate Caribbean from West Indian all the time when people insist on using it interchangeably. so folks can cut the bullshit out now. I have never said Belize is not Caribbean. It borders on the Caribbean Sea has Cayes off it. Just like the Bay Islands off of Honduras.

when somebody said their letters are addressed Jamaica, W.I... I said ours are addressed Belize, C.A. that was to counter people questioning Belize as West Indian, there has never been a debate about it being Caribbean.... unless a jackass uses Caribbean and WI interchangeably... and they are not
i saw that...but know ppl see what they want to seeeeeeee, when they want to see it

B

Black Madonna

pipple pon yah aayze haad. tuh gaad it sicknin. juss caah dem kanfuse dem waah twiss up yuh wuds. *steupse*

dis dah why my payshaans get loss

dollbabi

Earth Angel

1. Of course. There you go again labeling people's identity as stupid, yet you are upset if those same people do not include you.

2. Is Suriname a member of Caricom? Do they not have historical similarities to a number of Caribbean nations?

3. You are the one who needs to stop acting like the gatekeeper of what nations are/are not Caribbean" and stop trying to tell Caribbean people how to define themselves.

Steupz

How many times have they had the debate on this board about defining Caribbean... geographically, culturally and politically Caricom), culturally and trying to figure out how Belize and Guyana fit in? a million and odd times. ....

and why is that convo continuously had... because most of unnuh is confused as fukk,
Confused? No.
If there is a debate about it...

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
so wait..what about the historical nature of Belize aka the former British Honduras being considered part of the British West Indies.... name change mean history erased??

maybe it is because none of the parties who see caribbean and west indian as non-interchangeable was actually resident in either the Caribbean or the west indies? hmm . food for thought.

Caribbean = all islands or countries where the caribbean sea washes

Geographically West Indian = all islands in the West Indies

Culturally West Indian = all countries/islands with British, Dutch and English base.

what is the argument about?

Belize is Caribbean and culturally West Indian but not geographically West Indian

Guyana and Suriname is not West Indian geographically but is so culturally

Bahamas is W.I geographically and culturally but not Caribbean

Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico is Caribbean and geographically West Indian but not culturally West Indian

Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Costa Rica and tons others are Caribbean, at least along the Caribbean coast.