Caribbean/West Indian Countries With The Most Racial Mixtures And Intermarriage

B

Black Madonna

so wait..what about the historical nature of Belize aka the former British Honduras being considered part of the British West Indies.... name change mean history erased??

maybe it is because none of the parties who see caribbean and west indian as non-interchangeable was actually resident in either the Caribbean or the west indies? hmm . food for thought.
*steupse*
and parts of the US were once parts of Mexico, but tell Billy Bob that he is Mexican and see what happens

B

Black Madonna

How many times have they had the debate on this board about defining Caribbean... geographically, culturally and politically Caricom), culturally and trying to figure out how Belize and Guyana fit in? a million and odd times. ....

and why is that convo continuously had... because most of unnuh is confused as fukk,

and here we are having it a million an one times

B

Black Madonna

Too much water in this brandy. Archipelago and islands. If you ain't that, you ain't it. Guyana is the, my, one exception.

so what about the Cayes and Bay Islands....what is that then? what do you consider them?

dollbabi

Earth Angel
People can call themselves whatever. But don't try to tell me what to call myself just to make yourself feel better.

B

Black Madonna

People can call themselves whatever. But don't try to tell me what to call myself just to make yourself feel better.
exactly and that has always been the issue on imix. people telling others what to call themselves and how to identify...across the board

from yankee to 1st generation american to Belize and Guyana. somebody always wanna say.. no you aint this....you are this. you can't claim this.... you are that

dollbabi

Earth Angel
exactly and that has always been the issue on imix. people telling others what to call themselves and how to identify...across the board

from yankee to 1st generation american to Belize and Guyana. somebody always wanna say.. no you aint this....you are this. you can't claim this.... you are that
I agree...it happens across the board on IMIX.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Why does this matter? Why can't we just respect individusl preferences?

I've met Belizeans who consider themselves...Caribbean, West Indian and/or Central American.

Whatever you want...that's fine.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
He had self-governance since 1954....You don't understand that Guatemala would have tried to invade Belize if we declared independence back then???

These are issues that little islands can't relate to...
Did you reply to the wrong person? I have no idea what you are talib about.