Central Park 5 - PBS channel now.. have a watch...

dedetriniking

Donald Trump showed his racist tendencies from way back then when he took out full page adds in the Newspapers asking for the death penalty to be applied in this case.

Mike Sheehan turned out to be a conspiring pig cop and he got a great job as a reporter or Fox 5 after this case as well.

Such a friggin travesty!

Audree

Bush Baby
He needs to.

That guy had to change his name.
Who knows what they endured behind bars as children.
Lawddddddddddd I just cant imagine.

This is the type of injustice in this city that needs to go on blast.

I mean boycott every bloody thing.
I don't even shop on 59th street anymore.

If people especially US would stop buying these local newspapers,
They will start to sweat.
Bloomberg owns the daily news
Klein owns the post.

I mean there is serious potential to hit them hard but people does sleep and swear these things cant and would never ever effect them.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Donald Trump showed his racist tendencies from way back then when he took out full page adds in the Newspapers asking for the death penalty to be applied in this case.

Mike Sheehan turned out to be a conspiring pig cop and he got a great job as a reporter or Fox 5 after this case as well.

Such a friggin travesty!
OH SHIT.... I KNEW THE NAME MIKE SHEEHAN SOUNDED FAMILLIAR... I was like "well maybe i am remember the name from the case...

woowwwwwwwww..

And the thing is, when it was determined that the serial rapist was the one who did it, in an attempt to save face, the ADA who prosecuted the case came up with some bullshit theory about how the serial rapist who did it was the one who finished the attack and them boys started it.. Which in while they looked at the crime scene and saw that it was impossible for 5 or 6 kids to be there.. it only looked like 2 individuals were there..

A.K.K.S.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AtMSWIVn-9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A.K.K.S.

Korey Wise:

1. He was 16 when wrongly convicted, so they sent him straight to Riker's Island... With hardened, grown-ass men
  2. He was born with developmental speech problems
  3. He was homeless for part of his childhood
  4. He wasn't even a suspect initially, but because he was friends with Yusef Salaam (who never confessed to anything BTW) he was dragged into the situation
  5. He spent 13 years in prison (twice the time of the rest) and pretty much didn't even show up to his parole hearings because he wouldn't admit guilt to something he didn't do
  6. Had Matias Reyes not regrettably instigated a fight with Wise in prison, who knows if any of these guys would have ever been exonerated

Audree

Bush Baby
Straight to Rikers at 16 sighhhhhh

Just visiting Rikers Island is an experience all by itself.

13 years?

dedetriniking

Korey Wise:

1. He was 16 when wrongly convicted, so they sent him straight to Riker's Island... With hardened, grown-ass men
  2. He was born with developmental speech problems
  3. He was homeless for part of his childhood
  4. He wasn't even a suspect initially, but because he was friends with Yusef Salaam (who never confessed to anything BTW) he was dragged into the situation
  5. He spent 13 years in prison (twice the time of the rest) and pretty much didn't even show up to his parole hearings because he wouldn't admit guilt so something he didn't do
  6. Had Matias Reyes not regrettably instigated a fight with Wise in prison, who knows if any of these guys would have ever been exonerated
Its fair to say that they would have died without the truth ever being known. God what a life to live know that you did not commit such a heinous crime yet feeling the wrath of the the public.

One of the lawyers said that if this was the Jim Crow era those kids would have been castrated and hung in public.

How many stories of people being railroaded like this do we not know about?

What's even more disturbing is that there are people who still after all of this still swear that they did the crime....including newspaper people like Andrea Peyser who write for that rag called the New YOrk post.

Audree

Bush Baby
Wow

Yusef Salaam is rather intelligent.
That last Video was short and sweet.
He ent lied bout a damn thing.
My heart truly goes out to those guys.

Big Up his mother.
This is what you call a Phenomenal Black Man.
They all survived.
Some don't even make it 2 years.

They need more than money.
A scholarship should be named after them.
Statue in central park. just something much more than money.

dedetriniking

Wow

Yusef Salaam is rather intelligent.
That last Video was short and sweet.
He ent lied bout a damn thing.
My heart truly goes out to those guys.

Big Up his mother.
This is what you call a Phenomenal Black Man.
They all survived.
Some don't even make it 2 years.

They need more than money.
A scholarship should be named after them.
Statue in central park. just something much more than money.
Salaam shows that he is talented, intelligent and charming. His mother was a teacher. The guy didn't confess to anything. There was no evidence against him...but yet he was also convicted. Just crazy crazy stuff.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i've never been to rikers.. or any jail for that matter.. do the COs really hover nearby while you talk to whoever you've gone to visit?

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
i've never been to rikers.. or any jail for that matter.. do the COs really hover nearby while you talk to whoever you've gone to visit?
you are in a room sitting at tables... and the COs are off to the side watching the room making sure you dont pass contriband or notes... i only visited someone on the womens side though and it was low level crime (leaving the country to go back to SVG when she wasnt supposed to and they got her at the airport when she returned) so i dont know if its different in other parts of the jail