Christians think yoga is demonic??

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
yea like with what bug say.. when i did the yoga, it was with some ethiopians and eritreans.. man it was only talk about relaxing and being at peace with yourself.. i didnt thinka bout anything religious or spiritual.. just quieting your spirit and being calm

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Gurl, i doh know what part of the south u live in, but where im at? Shiiiiiiiiiiit, all they do is preach...I mean, i was at a certain point in my life where i was like ":confused...why these people always harrassing me, is God trying to tell me something?" But because of how i was raised, i could just NEVER subscribe to the one path thing...and then when i was given everything and lost half of me.. i was like, nah, apparently im not as special as i thought :drag:
Actually, I completely understand! I grew up SDA which is one of the most different Christian branches out here. You know how much people call us a cult? Remember I said i attended a Southern Baptist school? Let me tell you that religious prejudice exists....because of not attending church on Sundays. We are Sabbath keepers. People question whether you are Christian at all. They want to know if you are Muslim due to our diet. Now I live on the outskirts of the Christian entertainment capital...and people will look at you all cokie-eye for being my faith.

BUT I do not dislike other Christians for that. Because it's not like you dont have SDAs that act like they crawled out of the depths of hell, who think they are better than everyone else and have the road laid in gold to heaven because they keep Sabbath, dont drink, dont eat pork etc.

All I say to you is that what you see with plenty Christians is really a people problem. I have met very critical Muslims, Jews etc. You seem to very on guard from the time you know someone is a Christian and seem to see any discussion of faith automatically as preaching. Not so. But i understand many experiences have made you feel a certain way. But thats why it's best to see people on an individual level...

Last edited:

Minxy

You on a roll today. :kicks
I got plenty more...i can be here all day :meeting:

Actually, I completely understand! I grew up SDA which is one of the most different Christian branches out here. You know how much people call us a cult? Remember I said i attended a Southern Baptist school? Let me tell you that religious prejudice exists....because of not attending church on Sundays. We are Sabbath keepers. People question whether you are Christian at all. They want to know if you are Muslim due to our diet. Now I live on the outskirts of the Christian entertainment capital...and people will look at you all cockyeye for being my faith.

BUT I do not dislike other Christians for that. Because it's not like you dont have SDAs that act like they crawled out of the depths of hell, who think they are better than everyone else and have the road laid in gold to heaven because they keep Sabbath, dont drink, dont eat pork etc.

All I say to you is that what you see with plenty Christians is really a people problem. I have met very critical Muslims, Jews etc. You seem to very on guard from the time you know someone is a Christian and seem to see any discussion of faith automatically as preaching. Not so. But i understand many experiences have made you feel a certain way. But thats why it's best to see people on an individual level...
True dat :drinks:

T

Toppa_Toppa

Actually, I completely understand! I grew up SDA which is one of the most different Christian branches out here. You know how much people call us a cult? Remember I said i attended a Southern Baptist school? Let me tell you that religious prejudice exists....because of not attending church on Sundays. We are Sabbath keepers. People question whether you are Christian at all. They want to know if you are Muslim due to our diet. Now I live on the outskirts of the Christian entertainment capital...and people will look at you all cockyeye for being my faith.

You too nice yes.

T

Toppa_Toppa

:lol Perhaps...but what is it her ex-friend does say, WWJD? Ah tryin...lol.
I sure Jesus and all would give up after a while. But he had the ability to read hearts...so....anyway - you better dan me for sure. If someone acts normal with me and wants to exchange thoughts on a matter, that's fine - but I doh have no patience for people like Minx and Ananci at all.

T

T-MAKAA

I sure Jesus and all would give up after a while. But he had the ability to read hearts...so....anyway - you better dan me for sure. If someone acts normal with me and wants to exchange thoughts on a matter, that's fine - but I doh have no patience for people like Minx and Ananci at all.
(Matthew 10:11-14) 11####“Into whatever city or village YOU enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until YOU leave. 12####When YOU are entering into the house, greet the household; 13####and if the house is deserving, let the peace YOU wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from YOU return upon YOU. 14####Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet.

Minxy

but yet u interact...hmmmm...not smart IMO..there is an ignore button u can try using :drag:

T

Toppa_Toppa

(Matthew 10:11-14) 11####“Into whatever city or village YOU enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until YOU leave. 12####When YOU are entering into the house, greet the household; 13####and if the house is deserving, let the peace YOU wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from YOU return upon YOU. 14####Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet.
Stop preaching...

Ananci_7

There you go with that reading (in)comprehension again. I trying to debate the origins of Christian passages with you?
Who wash dey mouth on anything? You are the one with reading comprehension problems. And lol @ you equating being of the Christian faith with 'ignorance'.

The FACTS on Yoga will show its origins and links, such connections which a Christian could justifiably object to and not partake in based on Christian tenets. You could vex all yuh want. So arrogant...
Yeah, you're right, my bad.

But since you said "FACTS on yoga will show its origins and links," and that "such connections which a Christian could JUSTIFIABLY object to......" Show. Your. Facts

Then, let's see you show the origins of Christianity and ITS links and connections to that same Yoga among other traditions denounced as "occult". Do that and I challenge you to still argue that Christians' objections could possibly be "justified"

You could jump up and down and argue all you want, there is no successful disputing the fact that Christianity and all other organised religions function and indeed, exist principally on the ignorance of its devotees. This in no way means they (or you) stupid -- although many of you do that quite well too -- but that you are ignorant -- uninformed about many aspects of the faith, the truth about its beginnings and its real relationships with many other faiths and ideas that are hypocritically denounced by priests, pastors, pundits and imams.

Deal with it and grow up.

T

Toppa_Toppa

Yeah, you're right, my bad.

But since you said "FACTS on yoga will show its origins and links," and that "such connections which a Christian could JUSTIFIABLY object to......" Show. Your. Facts

Then, let's see you show the origins of Christianity and ITS links and connections to that same Yoga among other traditions denounced as "occult". Do that and I challenge you to still argue that Christians' objections could possibly be "justified"

You could jump up and down and argue all you want, there is no successful disputing the fact that Christianity and all other organised religions function and indeed, exist principally on the ignorance of its devotees. This in no way means they (or you) stupid -- although many of you do that quite well too -- but that you are ignorant -- uninformed about many aspects of the faith, the truth about its beginnings and its real relationships with many other faiths and ideas that are hypocritically denounced by priests, pastors, pundits and imams.

Deal with it and grow up.
hahahaha

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
hear nah dollbabi.. de amount of jehova witness and pentecostals i listen to tell me that i am not a real christian cos i am catholic.. i say okay.. well then why you talkin to me bout something i cant understand then.. lol

J

Juan Dan

hear nah dollbabi.. de amount of jehova witness and pentecostals i listen to tell me that i am not a real christian cos i am catholic.. i say okay.. well then why you talkin to me bout something i cant understand then.. lol
if the catlic church is fake or wrong, have you entertained the hidea of hell and you being there for eternity?

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Well, everyone has a different style of discussion/debating and there are those I tend to leave there as well. Surely some have chosen not to bother with me same way. With Minx, there is truth to what she is saying but what one concludes regarding individuals based on that was my aim. Eventually, we got there. Experience tends to shape perception so these discussions tend to be more challenging.

Ananci...he's like some ah dese preachers out here or the VP of religious topics sometimes. Yet he shares some interesting info at times.

Oh IMIX...lol.

Goal!!

sorry wrong thread
Yea right! :kicks

Last edited:

dollbabi

Earth Angel
*steups* I am not able with those types because the definition of a Christian is quite simple. Guess at some point, they became God Himself and are sitting on the throne of judgment. I wonder if some people think they are only going to find their own group in heaven....

J

Juan Dan

Wait...you believe that entire groups are going to be lost?
quite so all the religiions cant be all right

and a majority of those who say they follow a religion break mostly all its rules therefore they wouldnt quaify anyway

have you ever considered that you might be worshipping the wrong thing/relijahn and you going to helll?

or you KNOW u right?