Christians think yoga is demonic??

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
and how many times have i said i eschew religion and that i am more spiritual than religious???? WTF lol..

and btw is VAYA con dios..

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
well then why not call urself spiritual, if u believe in lots of different things? Does the bible teach u that we are energy and reincarnate? Really? Why label or appear to subscribe to ONE belief if ur not really a believer? And why would i WANT to think anything? Religion and spirituality is personal IMO, whatever works for u yo
i dunno man.. you just.. dont .. get it. :confused .. I am catholic by baptism.. i barely go to church but i have recieved all my sacraments thus far... when i do go to church i observe all the practices of the RC church.. by definition i am a LAPSED catholic.. i have not gone to another faith... i do not believe in the beliefs of OTHER faiths generally.. i will understand and respect them but i do not practice them.. why does it matter what another person labels themselves or appears to subscribe to.. if you are not of that faith then why be bothered.. that is THEIR spirituality an their salvaation.. nothign to do with you.. just because YOU dont understand it, doesnt invalidate or negate it.. it simply means YOU don't get it. the end.

LIONESS onda RISE

nooooooooooooooooo dont say that!!! :help: remember hindus, apparently ALL of them belief in throwin de wife ontop the pyre to burn after de husband dead..
NOOOOOO...dont say that...just like the RASTA thread where you decided they ALL must worship/believe the same way or some were real while others were not..

dollbabi

Earth Angel
ok so ur like my step daughter's mother...she believes in what they DON'T teach in CHURCH in regards to the bible?
Yes and no because there are branches of Christianity that do teach such things from the Bible. BUT I believe in studying for yourself and making a determination about what you believe. That's what the Bible says to do anyway. How can a person grow spiritually without seeking God for themselves right?

So yes, I study on my own and attend church as well. I wouldnt have chosen my particular branch unless i studied it first and believed it for myself. Your step-daughter's mother is right to determine for herself. A pastor is not God. So why take their words as gold. They need to show me where they are getting the info from and I am not sitting in any church where the core beliefs are opposite from what i understand in the Bible.

Last edited:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
NOOOOOO...dont say that...just like the RASTA thread where you decided they ALL must worship/believe the same way or some were real while others were not..
point taken.. now what?

i was going to say something, but i decided against it.. in a great mood today.. however, it doesn't negate Minx ignorance about Christianity.. .. nice try tho..

Minxy

i dunno man.. you just.. dont .. get it. :confused .. I am catholic by baptism.. i barely go to church but i have recieved all my sacraments thus far... when i do go to church i observe all the practices of the RC church.. by definition i am a LAPSED catholic.. i have not gone to another faith... i do not believe in the beliefs of OTHER faiths generally.. i will understand and respect them but i do not practice them.. why does it matter what another person labels themselves or appears to subscribe to.. if you are not of that faith then why be bothered.. that is THEIR spirituality an their salvaation.. nothign to do with you.. just because YOU dont understand it, doesnt invalidate or negate it.. it simply means YOU don't get it. the end.
so was i, but i don't believe in that stuff so i don't call myself catholic...by catagorizing myself as catholic would lead others to believe that i subscribe to that thought process...i don't...when smaddy tells me that they are a non practicing Cathlolic or Christian, i get it...when they are preaching and defending the bible, i THINK they they subscribe to that kind of faith...not really rocket science if u ask me :drag:

Yes and no because there are branches of Christianity that do teach such things from the Bible. BUT I believe in studying for yourself and making a determination about what you believe. That's what the Bible says to do anyway. How can a person grow spiritually without seeking God for themselves right?

So yes, I study on my own and attend church as well. I wouldnt have chosen my particular branch unless i studied it first and believed it for myself. Your step-daughter's mother is right to determine for herself. A pastor is not God. So why take their words as gold. They need to show me where they are getting the info from and I am not sitting in any church where the core beliefs are opposite from what i understand in the Bible.
True, but she doesn't call herself Christian...u do, so how am i to know? I gotchu :drinks:

dollbabi

Earth Angel
True, but she doesn't call herself Christian...u do, so how am i to know? I gotchu :drinks:
It's best to ask because there are a couple other groups out there that use the Bible but are not Christians. Remember also, not all Christians hold the same understandings of the Bible, so you may be thinking that they belong to some other group due to their practices. Lots of different people and views in the world...makes for an interesting place.

Poca

I can be wrong but, doesn't it say somewhere in the bible that there will be many surprises on judgement day?

I think that it's unrealistic to have everyone believe in the same thing, so it's best that people do their best to better themselves within the frame of reference they are the most comfortable with. No matter our religious conviction, we simply don't know what will happen.

DSP

Heri
I can be wrong but, doesn't it say somewhere in the bible that there will be many surprises on judgement day?

I think that it's unrealistic to have everyone believe in the same thing, so it's best that people do their best to better themselves within the frame of reference they are the most comfortable with. No matter our religious conviction, we simply don't know what will happen.
where does it say that? jus curious...

please post the verse you referring from 3 different versions

context is very important

dollbabi

Earth Angel
So what should i ask? Are u a traditional Christian?
Perhaps take the simple route...that a Christian is someone that believes in Christ as Lord and Savior.

Anything else could be a matter of interpretation...so if you want to know anything specific, ask about that.

Minxy

Perhaps take the simple route...that a Christian is someone that believes in Christ as Lord and Savior.

Anything else could be a matter of interpretation...
cool beans :drag:...can i still call the hypocritical ones nutty :meeting:...jkjk :grin:

T

T-MAKAA

I disagree. If u look up how the different teachings started then it will be more realistic. ... I know what will happen. I just dont know who.................. and when.

That whole do what you comforable with is why things are the way they are. People lazy. In all honest it isnt easy to do right which is y ppl take the comfortable route.

Minxy

I disagree. If u look up how the different teachings started then it will be more realistic. ... I know what will happen. I just dont know who.................. and when.

That whole do what you comforable with is why things are the way they are. People lazy. In all honest it isnt easy to do right which is y ppl take the comfortable route.
uh :scratch...to do wrong, KNOWINGLY, is comfortable?