Creepy behavior people got away with in the 70s and 80s

DSP

Heri
WTF!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t5dtarPwfW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4aWhn0Hc8ps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Music videos? Game shows? I guess awareness was different back in those days

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Yo, that game show dude was maaaad creepy...
and that video... how people got away with that shit back then, I dunno... I remember hearing that song on one of them commercials that come on late night that sell box sets of music from a certain era.. but I never paid attention to the lyrics

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
I just looked up that dude.. he was born in 1946 so he was 34 when that song came out and he trackin a 16 year old...

I looked up the song facts and found this:

With the opening line, "She's just 16 years old, leave her alone, they said," we understand if you think this song sounds a little statutory. Benny Mardones tells us that the 16-year-old girl he's singing about was named Heidi, and she lived in his apartment in Spanish Harlem. Their relationship was purely platonic, however, as Benny looked after Heidi and her family after her father left. Benny would pay her $50 a week to walk his basset hound, Zanky.

Mardones wrote this song with Robert Tepper, who would later write the song "No Easy Way Out" for the movie Rocky IV. Benny told us: "One night Robert Tepper and I were up writing songs. It was about a week before we were leaving for Miami to cut the first big album, which was Never Run, Never Hide. We thought that we already had the hit song, so did Polydor Records. It was a song called 'Might Have Been Love.' But at the last minute we're sitting there one night at my apartment trying to write. Bobby kept playing the chord changes and we tried 18 melodies and 30 kinds of lyrics and all of a sudden the key in the door turned and I said, 'Oh my God, it's daylight.' Because we liked to keep the blinds down.

And in she walks, 16 years old, dressed for school in a miniskirt, little stacked heels, adorable, 16-going-on-21. She said, 'You've been up all night?' and of course it was obvious. I said, 'Yeah, we have.' She says, 'Okay, come on, Zanky,' and she walks the dog out. When she leaves and goes out the door, my partner goes, 'Oh, my God.' I said, 'Hey, Bob.

DSP

Heri
riiiiiiight... that's not what the video shows

I just looked up that dude.. he was born in 1946 so he was 34 when that song came out and he trackin a 16 year old...

I looked up the song facts and found this:

With the opening line, "She's just 16 years old, leave her alone, they said," we understand if you think this song sounds a little statutory. Benny Mardones tells us that the 16-year-old girl he's singing about was named Heidi, and she lived in his apartment in Spanish Harlem. Their relationship was purely platonic, however, as Benny looked after Heidi and her family after her father left. Benny would pay her $50 a week to walk his basset hound, Zanky.

Mardones wrote this song with Robert Tepper, who would later write the song "No Easy Way Out" for the movie Rocky IV. Benny told us: "One night Robert Tepper and I were up writing songs. It was about a week before we were leaving for Miami to cut the first big album, which was Never Run, Never Hide. We thought that we already had the hit song, so did Polydor Records. It was a song called 'Might Have Been Love.' But at the last minute we're sitting there one night at my apartment trying to write. Bobby kept playing the chord changes and we tried 18 melodies and 30 kinds of lyrics and all of a sudden the key in the door turned and I said, 'Oh my God, it's daylight.' Because we liked to keep the blinds down.

And in she walks, 16 years old, dressed for school in a miniskirt, little stacked heels, adorable, 16-going-on-21. She said, 'You've been up all night?' and of course it was obvious. I said, 'Yeah, we have.' She says, 'Okay, come on, Zanky,' and she walks the dog out. When she leaves and goes out the door, my partner goes, 'Oh, my God.' I said, 'Hey, Bob.

DSP

Heri
actually the video show your imagination, so think about it creepy focker...

JPTOT five race cherd alyuh boring

A 34+ year old man stalking and kissing a teenager is my imagination?
YOU didn't watch the video you creepy crease face focker

what does JPTOT five race cherd mean?