Deeply Religious Folks...Help My Questioning Mind With Something...

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
I think there's a big difference between being spiritually healthy and aware, and being devout.
there can be but i don't think they're always exclusive. a close relationship w/ God may be what leads you to being devout. obviously for some ppl, not all.

Ras_Apache

It depends on how you view life and death. If you think death is terrible then you may question tragedies. If you view dealth as good then you will understand more of jah works.

Minxy

Biblically speaking:

This is tough and the most troubling of topics, but here's my explanation. Death is not final. I truly believe that kids are too young to have an idea of how to make it to heaven.

That being said, I believe all kids go to heaven.
huh? How do they make it to heaven if they don't know how to get there? Is there a map of some kind?

Which proves that god doesn't exist

end of thread.
:kicks

Its called the weather. What type of storm was the tornado a supercell right?
Global warming lol

For me its a bit more than that I just believe its ridiculous to think that there is some kind of spiritual being overlooking us. Science has proved a lot and a lot of the stuff science has proved is not in line with god and the creation stories of religion
u zeeit :drag:

DSP

Heri
On a side note....

I noticed people who usually throw the word 'science' in topics of spiritual nature usually havn't looked deeply in the nuts and bolts of science, nor do they understand what the term 'science' means, much less looked at the fact that what humans know about science changes as often as the weather.

Science has never disproven the existence of God. All science does is HELP to understand 'natural' phenomenon.

People have a habit of thinking that theories are scientific facts when they are two separate concepts. Theories can be disproven, scientifc fact are not. If a theory could not be disproven then by nature it is NOT a theory.

As for the topic, as human beings we will go through the death process and the grave. It's never promised how or when we get there, it's only promised that we will get there. Every human being(save for Elijah and Enoch) recorded(great and small) has gone through the death process.

SKBai1991

On a side note....

I noticed people who usually throw the word 'science' in topics of spiritual nature usually havn't looked deeply in the nuts and bolts of science, nor do they understand what the term 'science' means, much less looked at the fact that what humans know about science changes as often as the weather.

Science has never disproven the existence of God. All science does is HELP to understand 'natural' phenomenon.

People have a habit of thinking that theories are scientific facts when they are two separate concepts. Theories can be disproven, scientifc fact are not. If a theory could not be disproven then by nature it is NOT a theory.

As for the topic, as human beings we will go through the death process and the grave. It's never promised how or when we get there, it's only promised that we will get there. Every human being(save for Elijah and Enoch) recorded(great and small) has gone through the death process.
and even for dem two that's still a matter of your religious belief.

I'm also a bit confused by your bit about theories and facts. I have yet to come across an accepted scientific theory that ever attempted to disprove or prove the existence of a god or gods, so I don't know why anyone would extrapolate that belief in the truth of empirical science would result in a disbelief in a deity.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
So the kids died because of the sins of others?
That was a broad statement meaning that in a world full of sin, sometimes innocent children (people in general) are victims of the sinful acts of others or unfortunate occurences in general. But they will be judged fairly and with the understanding of their level of innocence...

SKBai1991

That was a broad statement meaning that in a world full of sin, sometimes innocent children (people in general) are victims of the sinful acts of others or unfortunate occurences in general. But they will be judged fairly and with the understanding of their level of innocence...
Personally I take bigger issue with the unfortunate occurences rather than the sinful acts. If a child (or anyone really) dies in a house fire, hurricane or car accident through no-one's fault, what does one make of that? And even if the individual who died is enjoying an eternity of paradise with God, what about those they left behind?

I personally have known people who lost loved ones at young ages and as a result became nihilistic and self-destructive from the pain...what about them?

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Which proves that god doesn't exist

end of thread.
The title of the thread asked for the input of deeply religious people. Why is it that the so-called non-religious must always involve themselves in such discussions?

If you are a happy not believing in God, why not let others be? This again proves that atheists proselytize as much as religious people. Atheism is their religion.

Minxy

The title of the thread asked for the input of deeply religious people. Why is it that the so-called non-religious must always involve themselves in such discussions?

If you are a happy not believing in God, why not let others be? This again proves that atheists proselytize as much as religious people. Atheism is their religion.
this is like every other thread directed towards a particular person or group...besides, nothing said by either party will change anyone's perspective as far as religion is concerned :drag:

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner
huh? How do they make it to heaven if they don't know how to get there? Is there a map of some kind?

:kicks

u zeeit :drag:
I believe right after you die every knee shall bow and everyone will say "Jesus is Lord". When you die, you go and get judged by Jesus or God the Father ( I don't really understand who will Judge, I have to study that one ).

You are judged by your deeds and whether or not you love God. I think children inherently love God and aren't judged by their knowledge of right or wrong because they are innocent and don't 'know' what right or wrong really is until they get older.
I see it as similar to Adam and Eve before they bit the fruit.

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner

Atheism is a deep religion.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
natural disasters are a result of sin?
Personally I take bigger issue with the unfortunate occurences rather than the sinful acts. If a child (or anyone really) dies in a house fire, hurricane or car accident through no-one's fault, what does one make of that? And even if the individual who died is enjoying an eternity of paradise with God, what about those they left behind?

I personally have known people who lost loved ones at young ages and as a result became nihilistic and self-destructive from the pain...what about them?
Natural disasters are a result of living in a now imperfect world.

I don't believe in the "left behind" idea. My understanding is that dead are dead. All are awaiting the second coming/first resurrection or the second resurrection, leading to the second death.

Those who lost loved ones and young ages and struggle...God judges them based on their situation. Judgment is His domain.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
this is like every other thread directed towards a particular person or group...besides, nothing said by either party will change anyone's perspective as far as religion is concerned :drag:
Thanks for your input but I'm interested in Carib's repsonse.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
God is fair? Doesn't it rain on the righteous and the unrighteous?
Didn't all of Jesus followers die by matyrdom ? Doesn't seem 'fair' does it?
Don't the wicked get riches as well as the righteous?
Didn't all the boys less than 2 years old get killed by the Pharoah, who was extremely rich, during Moses time?
In my opinion, God wasn't fair to Moses when he didn't let him see the promised land.
In my opinion, God wasn't fair to Ananias and his wife when they were killed.
In my opinion, God wasn't fair to Job at all.

But, yet, I'm still a 100% believer and in love with God and I'm still seeking wisdom.

Where in the bible does it say that God is 'fair'?

What is 'fair' in one persons eyes, isn't fair in another's. I know God is Just and will eventually judge us based on our actions, but is God fair? I don't know. My head hurts even thinking about this, because I'm not smart enough to know what is fair and righteous.
This is the best question posed so far....

Look Into yourself, and you will find your answers

Minxy

I believe right after you die every knee shall bow and everyone will say "Jesus is Lord". When you die, you go and get judged by Jesus or God the Father ( I don't really understand who will Judge, I have to study that one ).

You are judged by your deeds and whether or not you love God. I think children inherently love God and aren't judged by their knowledge of right or wrong because they are innocent and don't 'know' what right or wrong really is until they get older.
I see it as similar to Adam and Eve before they bit the fruit.
true...i believe u are judged by ur deeds and ur karma and if u are not done, u come back until you are...

Thanks for your input but I'm interested in Carib's repsonse.
:victory:...:rolleyes:

DSP

Heri
and even for dem two that's still a matter of your religious belief.

I'm also a bit confused by your bit about theories and facts. I have yet to come across an accepted scientific theory that ever attempted to disprove or prove the existence of a god or gods, so I don't know why anyone would extrapolate that belief in the truth of empirical science would result in a disbelief in a deity.
That was my point .... regarding an everyday layperson using theories they don't completely understand to deduce whether there is a God or not. It's a bad way to apply 'science' and it gets annoying. It's like trying to use a ruler to measure volts of electricty...not applicable.