Deeply Religious Folks...Help My Questioning Mind With Something...

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner
Just feel like blessing the thread:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iud6W_fZAv0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'many know the truth and hide it, many feeling the vibes and try to avoid it,
but the truth shall be revealed, I KNOW MY GO-OOO-OOOD IS REAL'

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
The Good Book says this....

With that being said and believed....

Explain the Tornado yesterday striking down and killing kids in an elementary school.

Explain Sandy Hook elementary.

Explain the 8 year old Boston marathon victim.

Explain the countless child soldier victims across the world.

Are these children not innocent?
There is nothing to be explained stop trying to judge God, you are a unwanted child, now go sit in a focking corner pon the backbench...

OverLord Strum

There is nothing to be explained stop trying to judge God, you are a unwanted child, now go sit in a focking corner pon the backbench...
Speaking about children... You know that child you keep posting up?

Pedophiles should not be around kids. Please stay away from him...I'm gonna call Chris Hansen.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach

Swallow stop trolling. You're like 112 years old.

I ain't the one interrogating God....

Better yet lets see what God has done for you...

Yuh Pops dump yuh mom when you were born, yuh Mom couldn't handle the pressure so she dump you, you became an orphan raised by an upstanding godlike trini couple, who with the wisdom God guided you to adulthood...Now your ungrateful azz want to question God's way, boy go kill yuhself...

Carib2

The title of the thread asked for the input of deeply religious people. Why is it that the so-called non-religious must always involve themselves in such discussions?

If you are a happy not believing in God, why not let others be? This again proves that atheists proselytize as much as religious people. Atheism is their religion.
I don't believe in a spiritual force stop trying to label people. Atheism isn't a religion! I can post in whatever thread I like its not like I'm insulting any religions so go away...

Carib2

Atheism is a deep religion.
It isn't a religion again it seems Religious people need to classify it as a religion to make them feel some way. I seen it first hand when I was discussing religions and stuff with a Christian and the only thing he said was ''atheism is a religion too'' :rolleyes: how stupid

Just to let you know I would never ever disrespect a religious person or less there being discriminatory.

SKBai1991

I don't believe in a spiritual force stop trying to label people. Atheism isn't a religion! I can post in whatever thread I like its not like I'm insulting any religions so go away...
If your lack of belief in a God or gods influences how you live your life, how you view others, and how you interact with people who believe differently from you, then you are indeed part of a religion.

In fact, in many ways many atheists appropriate and amplify many of the more negative attributes of organised religion.

Atheism Can Have the Worst Traits of Religion - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner
It isn't a religion again it seems Religious people need to classify it as a religion to make them feel some way. I seen it first hand when I was discussing religions and stuff with a Christian and the only thing he said was ''atheism is a religion too'' :rolleyes: how stupid

Just to let you know I would never ever disrespect a religious person or less there being discriminatory.
How is it a stupid statement?

At any rate, can we agree that Atheism is a belief system?

dollbabi

Earth Angel
It is a religion in my view. Religion can be defined broadly, and thus, atheism can fall under it.

Guess you refuse to answer my questions. Very well then.

dollbabi

Earth Angel

See below.

If your lack of belief in a God or gods influences how you live your life, how you view others, and how you interact with people who believe differently from you, then you are indeed part of a religion.

In fact, in many ways many atheists appropriate and amplify many of the more negative attributes of organised religion.

Atheism Can Have the Worst Traits of Religion - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com
Exactly. Thank you for the explanation.

Carib2

OK far enough you all have this weird viewpoint but religion discriminates against and harms people especially women. I have the same morals and interact like any other person. Religion in the modern western world as stirred up a lot of trouble so don't act like religion is the be all and end all cos its isn't It has a lot of problems women and unequal and gay people are at risk of death in very religious countries, religion is good in some ways but bad in others.

SKBai1991

OK far enough you all have this weird viewpoint but religion discriminates against and harms people especially women. I have the same morals and interact like any other person. Religion in the modern western world as stirred up a lot of trouble so don't act like religion is the be all and end all cos its isn't It has a lot of problems women and unequal and gay people are at risk of death in very religious countries, religion is good in some ways but bad in others.
Lmao. Have you ever read anything I've ever posted?

I don't love or hate religion and am typically rather critical of religious people. However everything that you've just mentioned are HUMAN shortcomings and are neither exclusive nor specific to religion. Take the holocaust for example. Jews as a ethnic/religious group were singled out and killed, but the driving force behind that wasn't religion. Rather, they were scapegoated because of social ills that German society faced, and because they were different it was easy to place the blame on them.

Racism, sexism, class-ism, nationalism, homophobia and other forms of discrimination are not simply products of religion, they're products of human failures. However, the problem with religion (and my main issue with it personally) is that rather than being used as a tool to mitigate such failures, religion is often-times used as a justification of those failures.

Take Eastern Europe for example. They have some of the highest rates of Atheism in the world, and yet at the same time gender violence, racism, homophobia and class-ism are still endemic to those societies. Atheism can be just as intolerant, just as violent, just as closed minded and just as destructive as religion is.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
Please any differentiation of Values can cause conflict, so stop blaming the troubles of people on religion.....

Carib2

Please any differentiation of Values can cause conflict, so stop blaming the troubles of people on religion.....

I don't love or hate religion and am typically rather critical of religious people. However everything that you've just mentioned are HUMAN shortcomings and are neither exclusive nor specific to religion. Take the holocaust for example. Jews as a ethnic/religious group were singled out and killed, but the driving force behind that wasn't religion. Rather, they were scapegoated because of social ills that German society faced, and because they were different it was easy to place the blame on them.

Racism, sexism, class-ism, nationalism, homophobia and other forms of discrimination are not simply products of religion, they're products of human failures. However, the problem with religion (and my main issue with it personally) is that rather than being used as a tool to mitigate such failures, religion is often-times used as a justification of those failures.

Take Eastern Europe for example. They have some of the highest rates of Atheism in the world, and yet at the same time gender violence, racism, homophobia and class-ism are still endemic to those societies. Atheism can be just as intolerant, just as violent, just as closed minded and just as destructive as religion is.
Religious people are more intolerent and threatful of others fact.

sankofaa

Straight up god less caucasoids huh? Not surprised.

Carlos!!

SKBai1991

Religious people are more intolerent and threatful of others fact.
Tell that to Stalin, Mao & Kim Jong Il. Millions of Christians, Muslims and Jews have been martyred at the hands of millitant and institutionalised atheism.

Religious people are more likely to use religion as a justification for their prejudices, but there are plenty of non-religious homophobes, racists and sexists. So your "fact" is alot more fiction than you realise.

Straight up god less caucasoids huh? Not surprised.

Carlos!!

Funny as it sounds, a Black-crossdressing-homo has much better prospects of a happy life in Mississippi than in Russia.