Dhr

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
the discussions are not as varied as the mix

what type of discussions?

they had a grown folks lounge where intelligent discussions took place....they discussed MANY current events over there....the reason why i registered over there was because of a very interesting discussion they had comparing homophobia to racism......

they discussed all the SAME topics over there, the only difference is, they never discussed topics as they directly related to other islands

and i would even venture to say that the LEVEL of discourse over there was much more ELEVATED because people were MUCH OLDER on DHR....

if imix has posters like Kentroy and singlemalt, or gyalyss, or AG, y'all would be LOST....just Kentroy and singlemalt's VOCABULARY alone would have y'all running for the hills

DSP

Heri
why not????

what is the difference between imix and dhr?

people talking shit THE EXACT SAME WAY
what type of discussions?

they had a grown folks lounge where intelligent discussions took place....they discussed MANY current events over there....the reason why i registered over there was because of a very interesting discussion they had comparing homophobia to racism......

they discussed all the SAME topics over there, the only difference is, they never discussed topics as they directly related to other islands

and i would even venture to say that the LEVEL of discourse over there was much more ELEVATED because people were MUCH OLDER on DHR....

if imix has posters like Kentroy and singlemalt, or gyalyss, or AG, y'all would be LOST....just Kentroy and singlemalt's VOCABULARY alone would have y'all running for the hills

Nikki those comments are contradictory. Just saying.

Over there at one point was elevated(regardless of age) discourse between very educated and intelligent and pretty average, mixed with some insanity.

Over here seemed like the lego(ie lego batman, lego starwars) version of some place..maybe dhr I guess or atus lol. Just havn't figured out where yet.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Nikki those comments are contradictory. Just saying.

Over there at one point was elevated(regardless of age) discourse between very educated and intelligent and pretty average, mixed with some insanity.

Over here seemed like the lego(ie lego batman, lego starwars) version of some place..maybe dhr I guess or atus lol. Just havn't figured out where yet.
they are contradictory because i am talking about TWO DIFFERENT THINGS....

my first quote is talking about the passa passa, and my second quote is talking about the serious discussions

you cannot compare the shit talking/passa passa/bacchanal, to the serious discussions...

the passa passa of dhr...and the bacchanal of imix was pretty much the same.....except there were people on DHR that took throwing insults to an artistic level and got VERY INTELLIGENT and WITTY with it

but the serious discussions over there was WAY MORE ELEVATED....like you said, IMIX IS LEGO....kiddie land

now answer me this, do you think any of these imixers could EVER contribute to a conversation that took place between kentroy, singlemalt, search4ras, AG, simpleenigma, gyalyss, ADE, or any of the other DHR NERDS?

come on, they would be way in over their heads

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
now for DHR to COLLECTIVELY have MORE SMALL ISLAND people as posters than jamaican, why wasn't their cultures discussed more?

at one point ehre were so many antiguans that were regular posters, you would think that antigua woulda been discussed more

between ingram, skerritt bwoy, wadadli foxx, mr wadadli, dadli man, lady natural, and whomever else.....you would think that at some point anything relevant to antigua would have been highlighted on a regular and constant basis.....but it never was

there were trinis, haitians, lucians, kittitians, guyanese, and MAAADDDDDDDDDD EUROPEANS, people from germany, sweden, uk, switzerland, etc etc....but all of them discussed DANCEHALL or jamaica....nothing else

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
oh...and don't be mad DSP because i didn't call your name in my list of dhr elite and nerds...because you know that you were one of them.....of superior intelligence

lol

~Urbane~

what is the difference between imix and dhr.??????

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

the people carry on the same way.....the only difference is, that dhr is a dancehall site and this is a soca one...so the REFERENCES there are to things that are JAMAICAN and dancehall related, and the people over there typed in JAMAICAN PATOIS

but as far as behavior...IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME....people talking shit

what people here call bacchanal, people over there call passa passa

so for someone to say there is a big difference between imix and dhr is false, the ONLY difference that is blatant and apparent is the jamaican cultural references.....while this site is mainly trinidadian cultural reference...with other small island references

if unno cyaan see that, then something wrong with unno

on dhr, they would very rarely discuss any culture other than jamaican culture

you DIDN'T see vincies, haitians, lucians etc etc discussing their culture AT ALL...there was NO ROOM FOR THAT
I never once seen any Bajan Imixer , trying to type like they grew up in Laventille Trinidad. Not like the way certain Bajan , DHR kats ,type like they grew up in the Garrisons of Jamaica.

You dont see IMIX Belizians , with Trini Flags in their avatar , using words like "Allyuh , Wus de scene" ever on this message board either.

oh yeah....
the whole "suck yuh madda hahaahah welcome"....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO jahmaycan would ever....
lol
it was just caricatures a lotta times...
who can get the baddest name or do the most fukry with one billion aliases....
its actually amusing....

its just sad that people from other islands and wite people from other countries and asia would go on there and think the bullshit they were saying was authentic or the pulse of jahmayca/reggae music

For Nikki , A non Jamaican , to believe that DHR ( a site that has pictures and videos of dusty looking women dancing on top of trash cans , while men jump on them , featured on the home page ) is a representation of "jamaicans and their mentality and how they do things and interact" , Reminds me of an Episode of Jenny Jones , that was about white people who "acted black" , by perpetrating negative stereotypes usually aimed at black people. You know , selling drugs , gang banging and drinking 40s. I hated Jenny Jones after that episode.

Most real Jamaicans that I grew up with in Flatbush , don't act any way relating to that DHR message board.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
, DHR kats ,type like they grew up in the Garrisons of Jamaica.

You dont see IMIX Belizians , with Trini Flags in their avatar , using words like "Allyuh , Wus de scene" ever on this message board either.

For Nikki , A non Jamaican , to believe that DHR ( a site that has pictures and videos of dusty looking women dancing on top of trash cans , while men jump on them , featured on the home page ) is a representation of "jamaicans and their mentality and how they do things and interact" , Reminds me of an Episode of Jenny Jones , that was about white people who "acted black" , by perpetrating negative stereotypes usually aimed at black people. You know , selling drugs , gang banging and drinking 40s. I hated Jenny Jones after that episode.

Most real Jamaicans that I grew up with in Flatbush , don't act any way relating to that DHR message board.
you proved my point in your first paragraphs....DHR KATS TYPED LIKE THEY GREW UP IN THE JAMAICAN GARRISONS....even though most did not.....that means they KOWTOWED TO THE JAMAICAN CULTURE...AND DIDN'T PROJECT THEIR OWN.....

you agreeing with me, but acting like i am lying

and i didn't mean that that was a FULL representation of what jamaicans is...you are taking what i am saying TOO LITERALLY....use your brain...i explained what i meant

what i said was that JAMAICAN CULTURE WAS THE DOMINANT CULTURE....NO ONE EVER DISCUSSED BAJAN, TRINI, GUYANESE, ANTIGUAN ETC ETC SHIT ON THERE....NEVER

if you didn't acclimate and assimilate into the jamaican culture, and jamaican cultural references, you were lost

of course i remember......

tell me ingram......why is it with ALL THE ANTIGUANS that posted on dhr....none of y'all ever spoke about antigua or shit that was relevant to antiguans?

for me.. it was entertainment purpose and looking for reggae and dancehall..

we did do an antiguan thread ever so often

especially around carnival time to give info to the other antiguans or to make them home sick..

Big up:

GFM
Dadliman
Mr. Wadadli
Stainless
CQ1

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen

for me.. it was entertainment purpose and looking for reggae and dancehall..

we did do an antiguan thread ever so often

especially around carnival time to give info to the other antiguans or to make them home sick..

Big up:

GFM
Dadliman
Mr. Wadadli
Stainless
CQ1
oh shit...i forgot GFM was antiguan.....lol...big him up fi true....

but once or twice a year...c'mon ingram...."every so often"....lol
y'all really acting like i am making shit up

you didn't see carnival or cropover threads IN ABUNDANCE like you do here....

the BALANCE that imix has when it comes to the islands was NOT present on dhr

anyone that says otherwise is lying

~Urbane~

you proved my point in your first paragraphs....DHR KATS TYPED LIKE THEY GREW UP IN THE JAMAICAN GARRISONS....even though most did not.....that means they KOWTOWED TO THE JAMAICAN CULTURE...AND DIDN'T PROJECT THEIR OWN.....

you agreeing with me, but acting like i am lying

and i didn't mean that that was a FULL representation of what jamaicans is...you are taking what i am saying TOO LITERALLY....use your brain...i explained what i meant

what i said was that JAMAICAN CULTURE WAS THE DOMINANT CULTURE....NO ONE EVER DISCUSSED BAJAN, TRINI, GUYANESE, ANTIGUAN ETC ETC SHIT ON THERE....NEVER

if you didn't acclimate and assimilate into the jamaican culture, and jamaican cultural references, you were lost
You talk some silly stuff sometimes. lol

Saying that these DHR Kats know Jamaican culture , can be similar to believing a white guy from the Suburbs , knew black culture because he listened to Gangster rap , watched WSHH and visited Brooklyn before. Some of these guys lived and grew up in places like Asia or even Germany , and probably didn't even know much Black people. That is the beauty of the internet , it is the only place where u can be what u wanna be.

Where did u learn about being "Jamaican " from? A club in Flatbush?

answer this question swagga

what was EVER discussed in regards to the other islands????

SIMPLE QUESTION

I have seen threads talking about TNT carnival , DC carnival Miami and Labor day ect..

.."Trini bashing" post....

..Guys admiring Destra , Alison Hinds and other female soca artist ....

Bunji Garlin Callaboos.....

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
You talk some silly stuff sometimes. lol

Saying that these DHR Kats know Jamaican culture , can be similar to believing a white guy from the Suburbs , knew black culture because he listened to Gangster rap , watched WSHH and visited Brooklyn before. Some of these guys lived and grew up in places like Asia or even Germany , and probably didn't even know much Black people. That is the beauty of the internet , it is the only place where u can be what u wanna be.

Where did u learn about being "Jamaican " from? A club in Flatbush?

I have seen threads talking about TNT carnival , DC carnival Miami and Labor day ect..

.."Trini bashing" post....

..Guys admiring Destra , Alison Hinds and other female soca artist ....

Bunji Garlin Callaboos.....

lol.....dude, i didn't say they KNEW jamaican culture...now you are twisting my words....and all that stuff you talking about white boys and gangster rap is not relevant to what i said....it's like you are missing my point all together....do you even understand what i am saying?....

if a white boy from the suburbs starts, starts talking and dressing a certain way because they listened to gangster rap, MOST CERTAINLY means that they ACCLIMATED to HIP HOP CULTURE and HIP HOP CULTURAL REFERENCES.....you ARE saying the EXACT same thing

i would not imply that they know what it means to be black...nor was i saying that dhr people knows what it means to be jamaican.....you are twisting shit in your head

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
and you REALLY gonna try to imply that ONE poster named raggamuffin that was a soca junkie was a reflection of the MAJORITY of dhr???

three or four threads (if that much) A YEAR about soca related stuff does not equal a balance

you people are fooling yourselves tremendously.....you just want to prove me wrong, even when you are agreeing with what i am saying...smh

yo, i really think your comprehension level is OFF

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
you know what....this might be the issue...before you respond to me AGAIN...

go to dictionary.com and look up the words

kowtow
acclimate
assimilate
acquiesce

tell me if ANY of those words is a synonym for the word "know"

i think the vocabulary is throwing you off