Did anyone hear about the controversy

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
i know....but when ppl are rescued, if they are conscious (sp), don't they normally remember what their rescuer looked like?
according to the man,
he and the other marine helped find the 2
and stayed there until the search and rescue teams came with the tools and manpower to pull them out from under the rubble. so if we're working with your hypothesis, the 2 papd dudes did remember what their rescuers looked like.:search: and not the skin color of the voice that called out to them from on top of the rubble that help was on the way.

Taina

Temptress
according to the man,
he and the other marine helped find the 2
and stayed there until the search and rescue teams came with the tools and manpower to pull them out from under the rubble. so if we're working with your hypothesis, the 2 papd dudes did remember what their rescuers looked like.:search: and not the skin color of the voice that called out to them from on top of the rubble that help was on the way.
oh ok...so they never really saw him then.

Taina

Temptress
according to him, the team came and he bounced and went about his business.

semper fi son!
well...that makes better sense...the way they were talking about it this morning made it seem otherwise...and the guy would not comment on whether or not the ppl he saved should have remembered him or not.

CQ

sexy thang
I heard about it this morning as well from the Steve Harvey Show. Its messed up that they did that but if the dude is ok with it why is it so controversial :confused

Taina

Temptress
I heard about it this morning as well from the Steve Harvey Show. Its messed up that they did that but if the dude is ok with it why is it so controversial :confused
well...u know how the media is...they like to hype things up...u shoulda heard what they were saying this morning...making it a white/black thing.

swingphi03

I think the reason why it is so controversial is because after 9/11, the photograph of the originial 3 cops, firefigther (whoever) that was placing the flag back up was changed to 1 white person, a hispanic and some other ethinc background. Everyone challenged the artist saying that by altering the photograph he is not giving a true photo of what really happen. So the pic was changed to the original 3 race of people, which I think were all 3 white men.

cease10

well...that makes better sense...the way they were talking about it this morning made it seem otherwise...and the guy would not comment on whether or not the ppl he saved should have remembered him or not.
I heard about this weeks ago on ABC news and now all of a sudden it turn into a controversy and Steve harvey and dem tryin to jump on deh bandwagon....bwoy black people always late as usual...I guess it would be better if they talked bout it today

And the guy seemed real cool, he didn't had no animosity or anythin.....

elq

I think the reason why it is so controversial is because after 9/11, the photograph of the originial 3 cops, firefigther (whoever) that was placing the flag back up was changed to 1 white person, a hispanic and some other ethinc background. Everyone challenged the artist saying that by altering the photograph he is not giving a true photo of what really happen. So the pic was changed to the original 3 race of people, which I think were all 3 white men.
i'm sorry but what da hell that gotta do wid de marine fella and de 2 port authority cops featured as the main story line of the movie?

CQ

sexy thang
i'm sorry but what da hell that gotta do wid de marine fella and de 2 port authority cops featured as the main story line of the movie?
i wouldnt have said it like that lol but yea what are you talkin about :confused was that in the movie

Taina

Temptress
I heard about this weeks ago on ABC news and now all of a sudden it turn into a controversy and Steve harvey and dem tryin to jump on deh bandwagon....bwoy black people always late as usual...I guess it would be better if they talked bout it today

And the guy seemed real cool, he didn't had no animosity or anythin.....
i know...he was trying to be cool about it today too.

foxxietrini

a.k.a. Buss_Slippers
were these true stories or fiction?
I'm upset because these were real
events that happened to real people
why didn't they stick to the script if the
guy was african american why cast an
anglosaxon (sp) male? makes no kindda
sense if your'e trying to be as realistic as
possible to the actual events and people
it happened too? :scratch
Hey chica :grin:

I have not seen the movie but I agree. I know they try to hire actors that capture the essence of the character best..but I'm sure they could have found a good black actor for the role. But if they didn't find out until after the movie was made I guess it was an honest mistake.

swingphi03

It has alot to do with the movie. White folks analyze/over analyze everything. So why cant a person question why the true identity of one of the movie characters? If the roles were reversed and the true person was white and the producer choose a black man to play his part, it would be a very big issue.

When the entire thing got blown up about the picture I mentioned, it didnt mean anything to me but it meant something to the 3 white men who faces were being altered. Why, because they were saying that isnt the true picture.

But if the black dude dont have no problem with being portrayed as a white man in a so called NON-FICTION movie, neither do I.

elq

I have not seen the movie but I agree. I know they try to hire actors that capture the essence of the character best..but I'm sure they could have found a good black actor for the role. But if they didn't find out until after the movie was made I guess it was an honest mistake.
the director/producer/writer said this morning that if you met this marine dude, you would understand that IF he knew of him as he does now, he'd cast him to PLAY himself in the movie.

ElleElle

Monday, August 6th, 2007
How the hell?

Hollywood and the ppl who wrote/produce this film are full of sh!t. How you make a movie about a true event and don't research the event in it's full capacity.

That is that marine's life story, just like it's the victims...and say he ain' want his story broadcast...what then? Before they even went to a producer to get their story even looked at...they should have at least attempted to contact the man who help save their lives. If they would have done that they would have known his behind was black. They probably did do that and did know, and want to play like they didn't. Bogus as$ people. Bogus.

Americans (esp. New Yorkers) are always chanting about how unified the American people became after 9/11 and how much support they showed for one another......malarky!!

I was undecided if I was going to see the movie. I know the ans. now.

cease10

How the hell?

Hollywood and the ppl who wrote/produce this film are full of sh!t. How you make a movie about a true event and don't research the event in it's full capacity.

That is that marine's life story, just like it's the victims...and say he ain' want his story broadcast...what then? Before they even went to a producer to get their story even looked at...they should have at least attempted to contact the man who help save their lives. If they would have done that they would have known his behind was black. They probably did do that and did know, and want to play like they didn't. Bogus as$ people. Bogus.

Americans (esp. New Yorkers) are always chanting about how unified the American people became after 9/11 and how much support they showed for one another......malarky!!

well, they did say that they tried for 4 years to find him, but they couldn't and I think all they knew was his last name and that he was a Marine, cause he just left after he finished helpin out at the site...

Short_Thing

BANNED

aa where ya been hiding? :D glad to see
you could make an appearance

swingphi03

How the hell?

My thoughts exactly. Thats is some bull$hit as an excuse as to why the race of the person is wrong. Please. If they really wanted to find him, they would have.