Didn't know Antigua recruited African players

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Not clear from the article what his affiliation is. In Trinidad you have to at minimum have a parent who is a citizen of TnT. The way you worded that seems as if these are just foreign nationals with no connection that have been targeted which is likely entirely false.

Steupz

I am all for that.
Look today I see Hodgson called up Raheem Sterling. And doh even talk about Germany and the English cricket team.

DSP

Heri
Not clear from the article what his affiliation is. In Trinidad you have to at minimum have a parent who is a citizen of TnT. The way you worded that seems as if these are just foreign nationals with no connection that have been targeted which is likely entirely false.
Every country has done this, so it's really nothing new. Antigua looks to invest more in their futbal team. America does it all the time and is doing it now, France does it with U20 bringing kids in from other countries real young. Other African countries with weaker programs recruit from stronger neighboring programs.

Ashikodi is born Nigerian(played in the English U18/U19) with no connections to Antigua and already a professional though. The 2 kids from Botswana( back in early 2000s I think) had no connection to Trinidad but came on some sports development exchange program for soccer.

If I was in govt and had money I would do it myself.

Tha Biz

all they have to do is attain Antigua citizenship, but they couldnt have capped for another national mens team prior...good move by antigua

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Every country has done this, so it's really nothing new. Antigua looks to invest more in their futbal team. America does it all the time and is doing it now, France does it with U20 bringing kids in from other countries real young. Other African countries with weaker programs recruit from stronger neighboring programs.

Ashikodi is born Nigerian with no connections to Antigua and already a professional though. The 2 kids from Botswana( back in early 2000s I think) had no connection to Trinidad but came on some sports development exchange program for soccer.

If I was in govt and had money I would do it myself.
Not quite correct but I get your point. Generally players have to show some form of interest for a country to naturalize them and make them a citizen. Brazilians who can play but don't meet national team standards often go on to become citizens of other countries so that they can get to play international ball. More often they are players who are playing in that particular country and have endeared themselves to the fans there. Naturally there are always exceptions and this fella just may be that. I don't too much see the US targetting anyone that isn't already living in the US and playing ball or connected through parentage. Freddy Adu seems the odd exception in that regard.

The fellas from Botswana wanted to become citizens so again how you put it across is misleading. They sought to be part of it TnT didn't seek them out. The TTFF don't target foreigners to play for us. we have an abundance of young talent in TnT, the problen is coaching and development. Almost every foreign coach who comes to TnT says the same thing. We have the talent we simply don't nurture it well.

DSP

Heri
Not quite correct but I get your point. Generally players have to show some form of interest for a country to naturalize them and make them a citizen. Brazilians who can play but don't meet national team standards often go on to become citizens of other countries so that they can get to play international ball. More often they are players who are playing in that particular country and have endeared themselves to the fans there. Naturally there are always exceptions and this fella just may be that. I don't too much see the US targetting anyone that isn't already living in the US and playing ball or connected through parentage. Freddy Adu seems the odd exception in that regard.

The fellas from Botswana wanted to become citizens so again how you put it across is misleading. They sought to be part of it TnT didn't seek them out. The TTFF don't target foreigners to play for us. we have an abundance of young talent in TnT, the problen is coaching and development. Almost every foreign coach who comes to TnT says the same thing. We have the talent we simply don't nurture it well.
The countries that recruit do it for a faster turn around while nurturing. Not so much a talent issue, but aquiring already developed or more advanced players to achieve short term goals or give programs a boost. According to the article with the kids from Botswana, the recruiter said he brought them to help out with the soccer development and in turn they would go to school there and get citizenship. Same as a country recruting already seasoned track&field talent like the Arab countries do. When America wanted Olajuwan(sp?) for the all star team they sped up his citizenship application. It's not an issue of not having talent but it speeds things along and or provides enhancement for development.

LGN

His mother is Antiguan therefore he is Antiguan by Heritage. Lets not make out Antigua went to Nigeria and sought moses out plus he was raised in London. Antigua have been on his radar for years and I would know. DSP what you've typed is totally false, TOTALLY. I don't like when people post total misinformation like this.

DSP

Heri
His mother is Antiguan therefore he is Antiguan by Heritage. Lets not make out Antigua went to Nigeria and sought moses out plus he was raised in London. Antigua have been on his radar for years and I would know. DSP what you've typed is totally false, TOTALLY. I don't like when people post total misinformation like this.

I didn't know his mother is Antiguan... I googled him and the links I saw said he was born in Lagos Nigeria. That's why I said what I said. I'll google his parents and see what info is out there. Can you post info if you have any.. thanks.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
I didn't know his mother is Antiguan... I googled him and the links I saw said he was born in Lagos Nigeria. That's why I said what I said. I'll google his parents and see what info is out there. Can you post info if you have any.. thanks.
Yeah go an do dat nah :kicks

LGN

Yeah go an do dat nah :kicks
The fact that my family and family friends that work for the FA, they stayed at my house when they looked for players for their WCQ previous campaign prior to playing cuba and I've helped them find players for seniors, under 20s, etc is enough! They knew about Moses going back to 2006! Same way they knew about Colin Kazim-Richards but he wanted to play for his mother's country (well his mother is Turkish-Cypriot, not mainland Turkish).

Why don't you show me where it says there is no connection to antigua on Google since you want me to show information from there. If you're going to make a statement like can you post it because that is misinforming people. How are you gonna have a statement like you do in your signature Lol posting that because you didn't see the information doesn't make Lol. I don't like when people do things like that and therefore it makes most of the discussion in here pointless. I'm nagging because your making my people look bad as if they're begging for players with no connection to play for them. That is bad and you can't do that anyone who has seen the Qatar issues with recruitment in football in the past know you can't do that. FIFA locked that down long time.

Olusoji Fasuba's (Former sprinter and African Area 100m Record Holder) mother is from Jamaica and Don Quarrie's nephew. It's not impossible to have a Caribbean parent and be born in Africa.

I'm sure if you email Gordon derrick of the FA who is the General Sec he will give you the information.

antiguad

Additional Benna Brit Approved | Antigua Observer Newspaper

I remember Trinidad did it for their U20 few years ago(2 kids from Botswana). Didn't read of anybody doing it sense then.
Anyone who represents a country internationally must either be a citizen OR have heritage of that country (either a parent, or at the most a grandparent)

I thought that this was common knowledge. But by the fact that you are questioning LGN to what is well known international sports rules, apparently you lack this

LGN

Anyone who represents a country internationally must either be a citizen OR have heritage of that country (either a parent, or at the most a grandparent)

I thought that this was common knowledge. But by the fact that you are questioning LGN to what is well known international sports rules, apparently you lack this
This is the truth. You can be naturalized in that country also but you would've have to have lived there a certain amount of years. FIFA have made it harder to just give people citizenship even after 2/3 years unless it's in the nations nationality rule, they tend to check up on it now and it can take long to process.

BTW DSP I'm not cussing you out I just don't like people misinforming especially when it's family and my heritage, you're making us look like beggers! LOL

The reason why I mentioned that Fasuba point as well is that seem like that kind of thinking your coming from despite not saying it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I'm just saying that before I log off because I wont be replying to it again it's a 11pm here lol Don't want it to look like I'm blanking anyone