Discuss: The Biker Gang vs. Family in SUV video

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Ok i saw the news last night and they said they started denting up his vehicle slash the tires after they first stopped him... So he write to plow through them.... The guy slowed down right in front of him to stop him and they all surround him and were slashing his tires and hitting his car... Once Knives come out and i have my family wit me, i gettin outta there, and if you in my way and you are the aggressor.. I'm sorry but the cyclists are the one in the wrong....

And i was saying before the fact that the range rover driver didnt call the police so chances are he aint that clean either... but I heard he did call the police from early... which makes things look more favorable for him, in my eyes if he did

DSP

Heri
A dad out for a Sunday drive on his first wedding anniversary with his wife and 5-month-old child was attacked by a mob of motorcyclists in upper Manhattan who dragged him from his SUV and pummeled him on the pavement, cops said Monday.
Alexian Lien, 33, of Manhattan became the target of the uneasy riders when he accidently struck one biker who cut him off, triggering a wild chase up the West Side Highway.

NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly said up to 30 of motorcyclists finally caught up to Lien, when he exited the highway and got stuck in traffic at a red light at W. 178th St. near Wadsworth Ave. in Washington Heights.

Video taken by one of the bikers with a helmet cam shows one of the moto-psychos bashing the driver’s side window of Lien’s black Range Rover and another pounding on the rear window, where Lien’s baby was in a car seat.

Lien, director of an e-commerce firm, was punched and slashed in the face with a knife in the ugly incident that occurred in broad daylight.
The the bloodied victim, a graduate of Columbia University, was taken to Columbia University Medical Center, where he received stitches for the wounds and was released.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...er-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585

VIDEO: Bikers attack Range Rover driver after he drives over them during a rally in New York - Mirror Online
VIDEO: Bikers attack Range Rover driver after he drives over them during a rally in New York
30 Sep 2013 15:13
The moment was captured on a helmet camera after the altercation took place during an annual bikers' event

A Range Rover driver was attacked by a pack of motorcyclists after he drove over a number of riders during a rally in Manhattan.

The moment was captured on a helmet camera after the altercation took place during an annual bikers' event in New York on Sunday.

During the six minute film it appears to show one biker braking in front of the black 4x4 before then being bumped by the driver.

As motorcyclists begin to surround the vehicle one rider gets off his bike to remonstrate with the motorist.

But as he draws close, the driver fearing for the safety of his wife and young child, aged under five, speeds off, hitting several bikers in his path.

As he flees up to 30 angry bikers follow the 4x4 and it takes only a matter of seconds for them to catch up.

After following the Range Rover for several minutes the driver is forced to pull over as the bikers and a white SUV block his path.

But as one man confronts the man after pulling the door open the Range Rover again speeds off knocking down another biker.

A few moments later he is then forced to stop at traffic lights and within seconds two bikers begin attacking the driver's side windows.

The first takes off his helmet and smashes it against the door window, smashing it. The second tries to punch through the rear door window.

The footage then stops.

Yesterday police said no one had been arrested and they are still investigating what happened.

A NYPD spokesman said, according to the driver, a large number of motorcyclists were driving "erratically" and he "accidentally collided with one".

He added the driver drove off "to avoid an impending assault".

The motorist, who is in his thirties, was left needing hospital attention after suffering cuts and bruises to his face and body.

The video, posted on web site LiveLeak, led to several viewers supporting the driver.

One person, writing under the name Sgt Pepper, said: “I would do exactly the same thing. They're intimidating him and he's probably fearing for his life.”

Another, 'Zacarra' wrote the driver acted in "self defence".

"Did you see the biker break (sic) check him in the beginning. This poor guy was running for his life from the start," zacarra writes.

DSP

Heri
same group, drama@ 1:10

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0ujSkztMRrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Hard to say who is more at fault.
Don't know how it started.

It's unlikely that the bikers surrounded his car without prior provocation.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Ok i saw the news last night and they said they started denting up his vehicle slash the tires after they first stopped him... So he write to plow through them.... The guy slowed down right in front of him to stop him and they all surround him and were slashing his tires and hitting his car... Once Knives come out and i have my family wit me, i gettin outta there, and if you in my way and you are the aggressor.. I'm sorry but the cyclists are the one in the wrong....

And i was saying before the fact that the range rover driver didnt call the police so chances are he aint that clean either... but I heard he did call the police from early... which makes things look more favorable for him, in my eyes if he did
Does that article even makes sense HB?

If tires were slashed when he was stop for hitting the initial biker, how would the driver manage to drive 3+ mile at high speed after he ran over 3 biker to get out the crowd.

the driver as well as the bikers should be all brought up on charges...The driver used his vehicle as a weapon, because he was in fear...he wasn't being attacked when the initial accident happen, to use self defense as an argument to drive over 3 bikers. The drivers actions were wreckless, bring him up on charges and let a jury acquitt him.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
First off the level of injury just a tap to a motorcyclist can cause is enough that rational drivers give them room. Now some motorcyclists do act the fool, but generally they seem to just be moving through when they in a group like that. That driver knowing he has his family in the car should use common sense, if they get in front of you slow down and just let them by. Feeling threatened is not a reason to run over somebody. So that reaction was way over the top. If he felt threatened he should have dialed 911 and immidiately report that he tapped a motor cycle and the whole gang has stopped and surrounded him. That run over bullshit is just that.

J

Juan Dan

Does that article even makes sense HB?

If tires were slashed when he was stop for hitting the initial biker, how would the driver manage to drive 3+ mile at high speed after he ran over 3 biker to get out the crowd.

the driver as well as the bikers should be all brought up on charges...The driver used his vehicle as a weapon, because he was in fear...he wasn't being attacked when the initial accident happen, to use self defense as an argument to drive over 3 bikers. The drivers actions were wreckless, bring him up on charges and let a jury acquitt him.
what would you have done in that situation?
ever been jumped?

ever been attacked by a group of guys?

ever felt your family in danger in a situation anywhere close to that?

I am extremely non vielent and I would run them the fukk over and run over some more

J

Juan Dan

First off the level of injusy just a tap to a motorcyclist can cause is enough that rational drivers give them room. Now some motorcyclists do act the fool, but generally they seem to just be moving through when they in a group like that. That driver knowing he has his family in the car should use common sense, if they get in front of you slow down and just let them by. Feeling threatened is not a reason to run over somebody. So that reaction was way over the top. If he felt threatened he should have dialed 911 and immidiately report that he tapped a motor cycle and the whole gang has stopped and surrounded him. That run over bullshit is just that.
and what if whilst waiting they hurt his family?

if hb said they started attackign the vehicle dude had a right

if it was one biker I wouldnt feel bad
yet fukk that group tuff guy shit
chances are high they were acting like they own the road cause they were so deep

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
and what if whilst waiting they hurt his family?

if hb said they started attackign the vehicle dude had a right

if it was one biker I wouldnt feel bad
yet fukk that group tuff guy shit
chances are high they were acting like they own the road cause they were so deep
Man doh talk fockin shit nah. I is ah regular driver, I encounter large groups of motor cyclists often enough. Give them room! Unless yuh wife pregnant and in labor or yuh have someone injured yuh rushing to hospital it eh serious enough. Looking at the video is 50/50 because the motorcyclist did slow down and create the environment but as a driver you have to always be alert on the road so both share responsibility in my eyes. That's why the minute I see 3 or more I start slowing down so they can pass because I not trying to battle ah whole biker gang and I know they are much more vulnerable to injury on a bike than I am. I not buying that whole slashing tires nonsense because is no way even if it was run flat tires he could still drive that distance at the speed he went. Drive flat tires can withstand small punctures and function normal for miles. Slash on the other hand is making a gash in the tire which affects the physics of how they can work when normaly punctured by a nail or some form of shrapnel. So I eh buyin it! Were they acting like they own the road? Possible because some of them do. Yet to slow down and let them by is not a submission of weakness or fear, it is a tactical maneuver based on intelligent assesment of the conditions. The SUV driver is an ass point blank!

J

Juan Dan

Man doh talk fockin shit nah. I is ah regular driver, I encounter large groups of motor cyclists often enough. Give them room! Unless yuh wife pregnant and in labor or yuh have someone injured yuh rushing to hospital it eh serious enough. Looking at the video is 50/50 because the motorcyclist did slow down and create the environment but as a driver you have to always be alert on the road so both share responsibility in my eyes. That's why the minute I see 3 or more I start slowing down so they can pass because I not trying to battle ah whole biker gang and I know they are much more vulnerable to injury on a bike than I am. I not buying that whole slashing tires nonsense because is no way even if it was run flat tires he could still drive that distance at the speed he went. Drive flat tires can withstand small punctures and function normal for miles. Slash on the other hand is making a gash in the tire which affects the physics of how they can work when normaly punctured by a nail or some form of shrapnel. So I eh buyin it! Were they acting like they own the road? Possible because some of them do. Yet to slow down and let them by is not a submission of weakness or fear, it is a tactical maneuver based on intelligent assesment of the conditions. The SUV driver is an ass point blank!
give them room?

why cant they respect YOU AND YOUR FAMILY?

just say you non confrontational and would rather be the bigger better person

yet dont make excuses for bullshit

I would definately think they slashed or TRIED to slash the tires

this is a mentality and dude was alone

wolf pack mentality

we dont have enough info on the whole matter

yet from how I am viewing it now

dude made the right decision
in protecting his family and self from a mob

I am the bigger man ALL THE TIME with savages who think they can do anything they want
thats soem real wite people shit right there you on
"just let em go, dont stare at em directly, dont confront, we have a future"

damn glass could have hurt the baby
fukk em

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
one of the bikers legs was broken... The cops should be able to find him at least, hit up every hospital in harlem/washington heights and the bronx

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
How could he give the bikers room when the biker purposely gets in front of him and slows down in front o him and looks back at him so the SUV can stop, then they all surround him.. is like they were coralling him...

J

Juan Dan

How could he give the bikers room when the biker purposely gets in front of him and slows down in front o him and looks back at him so the SUV can stop, then they all surround him.. is like they were coralling him...
exactly
I was watching the video and got scared for him
so imagine how he felt with his family
oh gosh man
well lets be thankful it wasnt a hothead who had that thang
or that they werent hotheads who had that thang
in any case I think ANYBODY would have been petrified at being in that vehicle

Minxy

Where's the like button on the phone? :mda: IDK nuh, I agree with Carlo, but I'm not sure why the cops were not called, had I been the wife, no way in hell I'm letting my husband deal with all that, especially with the baby in the car. But ah feel the driver mussy do something to provoke them :scratch

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
give them room?
Yes because the risk of injury to them on a bike is higher than it is for me in a 2 ton vehicle.

why cant they respect YOU AND YOUR FAMILY?
That does not matter, I will take the precaution and let them through. Anyone who getting stuck on that bullshit will end up doing something stupid out of pure ignorance.

just say you non confrontational and would rather be the bigger better person
Indeed I am but again that isn't about avoiding confrontation. I am a defensive driver. I drive very aggressively, yet I am often more alert and more aware than almost all my peers on the road. A car vs. a bike is an unfair matchup. I have friends who ride so I have a sense of their perspective as well. In the end it is more beneficial to let them through than to puff up yuh chest about whether they have the right or own the road.

yet dont make excuses for bullshit
Not excusing anything, the biker slowing down to communicate is a key factor but so too is the SUV driver's failure to be alert to the temporary driving environment change.

I would definately think they slashed or TRIED to slash the tires this is a mentality and dude was alone

wolf pack mentality
I can't say whether they tried or not but I am sure they couldn't have possibly slashed his tires

we dont have enough info on the whole matter
Then this discussion is moot isn't it?

yet from how I am viewing it now

dude made the right decision
in protecting his family and self from a mob
Well I disagree. If he was thinking about his family he would have slowed and let them go on about their business.

I am the bigger man ALL THE TIME with savages who think they can do anything they want
thats soem real wite people shit right there you on
"just let em go, dont stare at em directly, dont confront, we have a future"
Absolute bullshit. That is a thinking man with a family to protect mentality. If someone driving next to me blasting loud uncensored music, I do the exact same thing: slow down and let them go. No reason to polute my children's ears and vocabulary just because we both have the right to be on the road. Sometimes preventative measures are necessary and letting them by does not in any way hinder me or my family nor threaten anyone's safety.

damn glass could have hurt the baby
This I agree with, but at that point he inflamed the situation beyon reason. What you expected them to do, plead nicely? Stand in front of the vehicle? What exactly?

J

Juan Dan

Where's the like button on the phone? :mda: IDK nuh, I agree with Carlo, but I'm not sure why the cops were not called, had I been the wife, no way in hell I'm letting my husband deal with all that, especially with the baby in the car. But ah feel the driver mussy do something to provoke them :scratch
unless he is a madman
I am not sure he would provoke about 30 bikers
especially with a baby and wife

chances are HIGH they wanted the road to themselves
and he might not have respected their numbers and authoritah

yet in the end he got beat up anyway

as you can tell I have a PROBLEM with tuffguys in groups
guys who would NEVER fight by themself you see jumping people in a group of 10 or 20
I really am against group tuffness