Discuss: The Biker Gang vs. Family in SUV video

Dr Insane

The driver is wrong. Feeling threatened isnt a reason to to lash out LIKE THAT. This the kind of isht that got Trayvon killed. I'm sorry that this #################### threshold for a threat is what some folks call a discussion between men. Should have manned up... Bunch of Bikers on a major highway gonna beat you, common guy. Situational accessment is needed... You just ran over a friend and yet your still not been shot yet. what does that say bout the Bikers, to me, it says much more bout them than you (driver) you twat.
How is the driver wrong? if your life and family life is being threaten you have the right to defend yourself and get away from the situation. They started slashing his tires what should he do still stay there like a c.unt?
Does that article even makes sense HB?

If tires were slashed when he was stop for hitting the initial biker, how would the driver manage to drive 3+ mile at high speed after he ran over 3 biker to get out the crowd.

the driver as well as the bikers should be all brought up on charges...The driver used his vehicle as a weapon, because he was in fear...he wasn't being attacked when the initial accident happen, to use self defense as an argument to drive over 3 bikers. The drivers actions were wreckless, bring him up on charges and let a jury acquitt him.
Article 35 NYS Penal Law

6. A person may, pursuant to the ensuing provisions of this article,
use physical force upon another person in self-defense or defense of a
third person, or in defense of premises, or in order to prevent larceny
of or criminal mischief to property, or in order to effect an arrest or
prevent an escape from custody. Whenever a person is authorized by any
such provision to use deadly physical force in any given circumstance,
nothing contained in any other such provision may be deemed to negate or
qualify such authorization.

Dr Insane

The police commissioner just said on CBS Nightly News that they had received 200 calls about that group alone on that day about them driving recklessly... There was a bike rally that day so i dont know if he means from the bike rally participants on a whole or that group of riders involved with the SUV
I heard that too, they were riding on side walks fast all kinda fu.cky. They said most liekly the SUV driver won't have any charges laid against him. Right decision.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
and i dont know what people are saying that the SUV should have gave them room... the biker gets in front of the SUV and a short distance to begin with, If you pass someone and get in their lane, you do so after you pass them with a good enough distance... And then he brake-checks him... you can even see his brake lights come on

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
and i dont know what people are saying that the SUV should have gave them room... the biker gets in front of the SUV and a short distance to begin with, If you pass someone and get in their lane, you do so after you pass them with a good enough distance... And then he brake-checks him... you can even see his brake lights come on
You are making points that are not there in that video...

The driver and biker were arguing, you can see that from behind. The driver started riding the right side of his center lane. That created space for the biker to come out of the left lane and into the center lane. You can see the biker merged over to let the bikers behind him come up. Right before impact he looks over to the Bikers he just lets come up in the left lane, and eases off the throttle.(One does not continue to accelerate forward, if they are not looking forward. That becomes instinctive, when you drive or ride.) The driver was just maintaining his speed, and the brief equation allowed the rover to bump the bike from behind. You can see the rider angle his head to view how close the range rover was up on him just before the impact. I don't see nothing there that looks like or as deliberately trying to slow down or impede the range rover. All I see is a circumstantial accident, that was the negligence of BOTH driver and biker.

When the accident occurred...everyone stopped where they were at. (Freeze) Yes, the rover was surrounded, but that wasn't deliberate...that was chance. The accident occurred, and all those bikers stayed on their bikes, they were looking back at the accident....you can see one bike at the drivers door acting hostile, and tugs at the drivers door 1 or 2 times before the driver floored it. The guy that got his legs & vertebrae broken, was placed in an induced coma and will probably be paralyzed. Was not the biker that got bumped off the bike, he was assisting the Biker who got bumped. When the driver floored it, he was in front and got ran over with two other people.

There is more video, from other bikers in the group...but I'm sure they are not exposing it in fear of being prosecuted.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
You are making points that are not there in that video...

The driver and biker were arguing, you can see that from behind. The driver started riding the right side of his center lane. That created space for the biker to come out of the left lane and into the center lane. You can see the biker merged over to let the bikers behind him come up. Right before impact he looks over to the Bikers he just lets come up in the left lane, and eases off the throttle.(One does not continue to accelerate forward, if they are not looking forward. That becomes instinctive, when you drive or ride.) The driver was just maintaining his speed, and the brief equation allowed the rover to bump the bike from behind. You can see the rider angle his head to view how close the range rover was up on him just before the impact. I don't see nothing there that looks like or as deliberately trying to slow down or impede the range rover. All I see is a circumstantial accident, that was the negligence of BOTH driver and biker.

When the accident occurred...everyone stopped where they were at. (Freeze) Yes, the rover was surrounded, but that wasn't deliberate...that was chance. The accident occurred, and all those bikers stayed on their bikes, they were looking back at the accident....you can see one bike at the drivers door acting hostile, and tugs at the drivers door 1 or 2 times before the driver floored it. The guy that got his legs & vertebrae broken, was placed in an induced coma and will probably be paralyzed. Was not the biker that got bumped off the bike, he was assisting the Biker who got bumped. When the driver floored it, he was in front and got ran over with two other people.

There is more video, from other bikers in the group...but I'm sure they are not exposing it in fear of being prosecuted.
the other videos are on Jalopnik... he deleted them but someone saved them before he deleted them and put them up on Jalopnik.. they only showed what they were doing that day, Riding on sidwalks, splitting lanes, stunts and stuff like that... they dont show what transpired between the RR and the Bikers right before the video that went viral starts

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Bikers can be obnoxious especially in packs.

But this appears like the case of a rich dude who didn't think he should be inconvenienced by the these type of people. He had plenty of time to slow down. The tail light of the bike never came on so it's not like the biker slammed on his brake to cause the crash.

He probably won't be prosecuted because the police commissioner is already defending him on tv. If I were family of the paralyzed man I would start a civil case immediately. The guy was ran over trying to help the rider who was hit initially.

Would the driver have been charged if it wasn't a biker he ran over?

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Ok both sides have valid arguments... i guess what should be looked at or investigated the most is what happened during that initial stop... If indeed the bikers made threatening actions toward the vehicle and the driver, Ie any weapons coming out or attempting to get him out the vehicle, then i can see justification in him plowing through them... cause if it was an accident by him being neligent and the biker being neglegent as well, an accident is an accident, doesnt give no one the right to threaten anybody life... especially if BOTH WERE NEGLIGENT... And if life was threatened then he had a right to get away anyway possible...

However If it was just minor actions like them hitting his vehicle and putting a few dents in it, then that doesnt justify him plowing through them...

but if not and wasnt justified, then its ashame because it was already tried in the court of public opinion and the media which can affect the outcome of any criminal case...

So i will wait and see what happened during that initial stop cause that is the all important turning point and determining factor

But i thought i did see brake lights come on on the biker who he tapped... And did he fall after being tapped? i gotta check the video again.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Ok, juss now on the news it said the guy who slowed down and brake-checked the range rover WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED with Reckless Endangerment along with a host of other charges... The driver of the SUV has not been charged with anything, One of the bikers is in a coma and will be paralized for life...

even if the SUV hit the guy by accident, by being negligent or driving to closely or whatever, that is no reason for the other drivers to attack the vehicle.. it wasnt intentional and the biker wasnt hurt...
accident is an accident..

but i still say that isnt what happen, the biker brake checked him to get him to slowdown and stop
Maybe my circle of friends different I guess because I was discussing this with friends of mine all married all with children and every man jack (despite how ignorant and ill tempered a few can be) said I slowing down and let them go about their biz. All for the same reasons I gave. I see the "give them room" idea is causing confusion so let me break it down. I don't know if you drive (I will pretend you don't for purpose of my explanation). When driving drivers are generally likely to check their surrounding every few moments unless they on a single lane country road. The minute 1, 2, 3, or more bikes appear in close proximity, I will decellerate in order for them to go their way. Even when wildin out they tend to move through, they don't ride at 30, 40, or 50 mph unless police around, so slowing down for a moment while they move through is very simple. I personally don't want them near me so for me that makes sense. If they (bikers) doing bullshit on the road the last thing I want as a driver is to end up running over one who fall in front of my vehicle. When they in packs like that sometimes it ha man who want to do wheelie, endos and other tricks. It makes more sense to just let them go than the alternative.

If 10 cars are travelling together and one gets in an accident will the other cars just say fock he and keep going or would they stop? Why are the bikers expected to not all stop? The notion that this man was in fear for his life (prematurely and irrationally imo) is not enough to cost someone the damage that he did. Who doh like it daz allyuh damn business but that was overly stupid. He then compounds it by hitting another biker (the same one who was banging his helmet on his glass) as if that is going to improve things. If that SUV driver was so scared he would have been dialing 911 the minute he tapped that bike. "Hello 911 I just hit a biker that stopped short in front of me. He is part of a large group and they have all stopped." In the meantime his wife if she also scared for her life would be on her cell recording everything discernable about the bikers for evidence if needed. Too many people make simple things into some mass panic situation.

If you were the second biker (be honest) when yuh catch up to him stopped in traffic, what would you do? Me after he just nearly ran me over after already running over my friend was doing the exact same thing. One way or the other that focka was getting out of that vehicle. What about if the paralyzed biker is your brother, what would you want to see happen? Would you feel like your brother deserved that for riding among those assholes, or would you want that driver to face the law as well? We eh go even discuss street justice as I am sure many would want to fock him up or possibly kill him as well.

The initial accident causing biker was charged and I can't argue against it. But I can't see how the SUV driver could get away without charges.

DSP

Heri
yeah it has nothing to do with it, but it's messed up that he just happened to be(people will run with stereotype)...
either way both sides made bad decisions in this

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
yeah it has nothing to do with it, but it's messed up that he just happened to be(people will run with stereotype)...
either way both sides made bad decisions in this

Looking at the video again I feel even more convicted in the belief that he overreacted. When the accident occurs the bikers stopped and most seemed to stay on their bikes. If all had parked and ran toward him then I can see being so afraid that yuh just plow through and go.

J

Juan Dan

Just skimmed the thread but I'm with Carlos on this one. Did allyuh read how when he unintentionally hit the first biker aka had an accident..they started beating on his car, tried to break his windows with their helmets and all kinda nonsense? Man was justifiably scared for himself, his wife and his young baby. He acted like a man and tried to do what he had to do to get them to safety.
its simple as they wanted the road to themselves....to do wheelies and show off...they would have had a long stretch to do all sorts of things and video it....

the range was in the way.....
thats all...

one of the guys from passaic county and I know a few of them well....if it was one of those bad guys from that toxic dump place....then you can understand their attitude...

yet its situations like these that shows who is who and what is what....

judging from the comments from many, the future will be very interesting....cause with these shutdowns if they worse, these savages are gonna get wickeder and the decent folks are gonna simply get their gon licenses to protect themselves....

then on top of that they FUKD it up for hundreds of thousands of other bikers in ny....crazy restrictions and laws are gonna come in

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Looking at the video again I feel even more convicted in the belief that he overreacted. When the accident occurs the bikers stopped and most seemed to stay on their bikes. If all had parked and ran toward him then I can see being so afraid that yuh just plow through and go.
this is the part I dont see in the video that everyone is alluding to. I cant make out anyone rushing his car banging on it, or attempting to slash his tires before he speeds off and runs over the other biker. The bikers seem to just be stopped to see what has happened to the 1st guy who was hit from behind.

Unless that part is based on his eyewitness account and not what can be clearly seen in the video, where is it that he is attacked in the video for the first time?

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
this is the part I dont see in the video that everyone is alluding to. I cant make out anyone rushing his car banging on it, or attempting to slash his tires before he speeds off and runs over the other biker. The bikers seem to just be stopped to see what has happened to the 1st guy who was hit from behind.

Unless that part is based on his eyewitness account and not what can be clearly seen in the video, where is it that he is attacked in the video for the first time?

Well thats what they were saying in the news reports, that they rushed his vehicle and slashed tires...

but i do admit that you cant really see what was going on during that first stop...

but i believe that right there would be the determining factor on whether or not the guy in the RR had reason to do what he did.. So we will wait and see if any witnesses come forward to say what happen there or not (but as we have seen in previous cases, witness accounts are not that reliable either.)

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Maybe my circle of friends different I guess because I was discussing this with friends of mine all married all with children and every man jack (despite how ignorant and ill tempered a few can be) said I slowing down and let them go about their biz. All for the same reasons I gave. I see the "give them room" idea is causing confusion so let me break it down. I don't know if you drive (I will pretend you don't for purpose of my explanation). When driving drivers are generally likely to check their surrounding every few moments unless they on a single lane country road. The minute 1, 2, 3, or more bikes appear in close proximity, I will decellerate in order for them to go their way. Even when wildin out they tend to move through, they don't ride at 30, 40, or 50 mph unless police around, so slowing down for a moment while they move through is very simple. I personally don't want them near me so for me that makes sense. If they (bikers) doing bullshit on the road the last thing I want as a driver is to end up running over one who fall in front of my vehicle. When they in packs like that sometimes it ha man who want to do wheelie, endos and other tricks. It makes more sense to just let them go than the alternative.

If 10 cars are travelling together and one gets in an accident will the other cars just say fock he and keep going or would they stop? Why are the bikers expected to not all stop? The notion that this man was in fear for his life (prematurely and irrationally imo) is not enough to cost someone the damage that he did. Who doh like it daz allyuh damn business but that was overly stupid. He then compounds it by hitting another biker (the same one who was banging his helmet on his glass) as if that is going to improve things. If that SUV driver was so scared he would have been dialing 911 the minute he tapped that bike. "Hello 911 I just hit a biker that stopped short in front of me. He is part of a large group and they have all stopped." In the meantime his wife if she also scared for her life would be on her cell recording everything discernable about the bikers for evidence if needed. Too many people make simple things into some mass panic situation.

If you were the second biker (be honest) when yuh catch up to him stopped in traffic, what would you do? Me after he just nearly ran me over after already running over my friend was doing the exact same thing. One way or the other that focka was getting out of that vehicle. What about if the paralyzed biker is your brother, what would you want to see happen? Would you feel like your brother deserved that for riding among those assholes, or would you want that driver to face the law as well? We eh go even discuss street justice as I am sure many would want to fock him up or possibly kill him as well.

The initial accident causing biker was charged and I can't argue against it. But I can't see how the SUV driver could get away without charges.

Ok which is why i said lets wait and see if anything ever comes out about what happened when they stopped the first time... If it does come out that the bikers did nothing more than rush over to the biker that was tap to see if he was ok, or rush over to the RR and exchanged words, or even just banged on his car, then the RR driver was grossly in the wrong for what he did and should be punished... but if its more like trying to open his door then he would be right to try and get away anyway possible...

I do the same thing too after having a cousin who lost a leg riding a motorcycle... and I myself falling off a motorcycle and fukkin up my wrist, i am extra careful around them... if i hear and dont see them on the road, i stay in my lane and abort any plans of changing lanes if i had any just in case any of them in my blind spots or approach behind me fast... WHen i see them I let them go through, and if they in a group and some behind me and some in front, i let the ones behind catch up with their buddies before i do anything...

Alpha Unit

Insurgent

Look at the still DSP posted. They didn't all magically get back on their bike the instant the SUV was going over their partner. In the video you can see they stop and are looking back. So if anything maybe a few if so many approached the vehicle. The rest was sensationalism designed to get ratings for the news programs. Bikers already have a stigma attached so if they say "violent bikers confront...." then everybody tuned in. The slashing tires talk is bullshit because even run flat tech not withstanding slashing.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Cops looking for a Guyanese fella. He was the one who smashed the window.

The Chinaman was reckless.
I don't go anywhere near bikes on the road. Don't want anyone slipping under my truck.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Cops looking for a Guyanese fella. He was the one who smashed the window.

The Chinaman was reckless.
I don't go anywhere near bikes on the road. Don't want anyone slipping under my truck.
Well at least is nuh me alone does think bout that.

The guy who was on the news last night that says it was him pounding the window didn't sound the least bit Guyanes. He claims he was on the bike that was hit when the Rover finally stopped, then took off again.