Discuss: The Biker Gang vs. Family in SUV video

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Look at the still DSP posted. They didn't all magically get back on their bike the instant the SUV was going over their partner. In the video you can see they stop and are looking back. So if anything maybe a few if so many approached the vehicle. The rest was sensationalism designed to get ratings for the news programs. Bikers already have a stigma attached so if they say "violent bikers confront...." then everybody tuned in. The slashing tires talk is bullshit because even run flat tech not withstanding slashing.
yeah from what I can see it looks like more hype than anything. It makes sense they got off their bikes to see how the other one was doing. But I dont see any "commotion" near the SUV itself. And what of it if some did cuss the guy for hitting the biker? Not a surprising reaction if your friend is hurt. That isnt the same as threatening the driver or smashing out his headlights.

So from where I sit and from what I can see, the driver over-reacted and escalated a bad situation. If there was/is more to it then it will be seen.

Ras_Apache

i have encountered bikers on the west side hwy. i have been in a similar situation as the dude in the suv. bikers ride by reckless doing all kinda dumb ish. fortunately none of them hit me and somehow i didnt hit them. if i did hit one im pretty sure i would have jetted also. the bikers i encountered seemed aggressive and looked like they were looking for trouble. im sure they werent expecting their boy to get mash up though! smh

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i know somebody who dont ride bikes in nyc no more cos he got hit off his bike multiple times and states that a lot of drivers try to intentionally sideswipe bikers..

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
I think there was a situation recently where a NYC and bike rider (it was an actual bicycle though) got into some kind of an altercation. The taxi tried to side swipe the bike, lost control and ended up hitting a tourist. Homegirl lost her foot. SMH

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
this is the part I dont see in the video that everyone is alluding to. I cant make out anyone rushing his car banging on it, or attempting to slash his tires before he speeds off and runs over the other biker. The bikers seem to just be stopped to see what has happened to the 1st guy who was hit from behind.

Unless that part is based on his eyewitness account and not what can be clearly seen in the video, where is it that he is attacked in the video for the first time?

When the initial accident occured, and they all stopped. You can see a biker who was standing up at the drivers door thru the crowd. This biker was animated, and you can see he tug on the drivers door(like to open it) twice at the 43/44 second mark. itn't wasn't until the 50/51 second mark when the SUV pulled off. I can account for one individuall out of 50 bikers was being hostile and threatening in that initial stop.

I still stand by that the driver over-reacted out of fear, and his beat down was retaliation for for using his vehicle as an weapon to attack the bikers.

LB

okay I blew up the video and put on my glasses lol and I can see a guy hit the driver side door but it looks like he was walking away into the crowd when the driver sped off. Looks like men blowing off steam from the situation and not necessarily attacking the driver.....yet.

My brother, until he sold his bike a few months ago, is a rider. So is my little cousin. Both have said nuff times that they do not like riding together with too many friends because no matter what they do they get perceived as a threat when they are in a group. Then being black on top of it....no bueno.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent

When the initial accident occured, and they all stopped. You can see a biker who was standing up at the drivers door thru the crowd. This biker was animated, and you can see he tug on the drivers door(like to open it) twice at the 43/44 second mark. itn't wasn't until the 50/51 second mark when the SUV pulled off. I can account for one individuall out of 50 bikers was being hostile and threatening in that initial stop.

I still stand by that the driver over-reacted out of fear, and his beat down was retaliation for for using his vehicle as an weapon to attack the bikers.

Daz de ting self! Homie nearly kill one of them, and almost ran over a second one later. I doh understand what they expect would have happened when he get caught. People caught up in this unruly biker bullshit but they were very tame in their response. Not even 3 bikers seem like they approach the SUV. 1 approached the SUV 1 attending the fallen rider, and a next one from in front was walking back. Where all the beating of the SUV going on? WHere's the alleged slashing of tires? Threat?!! Steups da driver is ah kakahole!

both parties are wrong...... the bike club members who attacked the man should get charged for assult ... The dude in the vehicle, should get charge for attempted murder...as de dude he ran over is paralyzed....

Minxy

the guy that he ran over, recieved a rip in his heart and is now in a medically induced coma :drag:

BacchanalDiva

Maybe my circle of friends different I guess because I was discussing this with friends of mine all married all with children and every man jack (despite how ignorant and ill tempered a few can be) said I slowing down and let them go about their biz. All for the same reasons I gave. I see the "give them room" idea is causing confusion so let me break it down. I don't know if you drive (I will pretend you don't for purpose of my explanation). When driving drivers are generally likely to check their surrounding every few moments unless they on a single lane country road. The minute 1, 2, 3, or more bikes appear in close proximity, I will decellerate in order for them to go their way. Even when wildin out they tend to move through, they don't ride at 30, 40, or 50 mph unless police around, so slowing down for a moment while they move through is very simple. I personally don't want them near me so for me that makes sense. If they (bikers) doing bullshit on the road the last thing I want as a driver is to end up running over one who fall in front of my vehicle. When they in packs like that sometimes it ha man who want to do wheelie, endos and other tricks. It makes more sense to just let them go than the alternative.

If 10 cars are travelling together and one gets in an accident will the other cars just say fock he and keep going or would they stop? Why are the bikers expected to not all stop? The notion that this man was in fear for his life (prematurely and irrationally imo) is not enough to cost someone the damage that he did. Who doh like it daz allyuh damn business but that was overly stupid. He then compounds it by hitting another biker (the same one who was banging his helmet on his glass) as if that is going to improve things. If that SUV driver was so scared he would have been dialing 911 the minute he tapped that bike. "Hello 911 I just hit a biker that stopped short in front of me. He is part of a large group and they have all stopped." In the meantime his wife if she also scared for her life would be on her cell recording everything discernable about the bikers for evidence if needed. Too many people make simple things into some mass panic situation.

If you were the second biker (be honest) when yuh catch up to him stopped in traffic, what would you do? Me after he just nearly ran me over after already running over my friend was doing the exact same thing. One way or the other that focka was getting out of that vehicle. What about if the paralyzed biker is your brother, what would you want to see happen? Would you feel like your brother deserved that for riding among those assholes, or would you want that driver to face the law as well? We eh go even discuss street justice as I am sure many would want to fock him up or possibly kill him as well.

The initial accident causing biker was charged and I can't argue against it. But I can't see how the SUV driver could get away without charges.
All you say about how to act as a driver when there are bikers on the road is true. I agree completely. We lost a friend few years ago to a retarded driver and I saw a retarded woman driver almost swerve into my son on a ride to the shore one year..my husband's friend thankfully saw what was about to happen and went in between my son and the car..they both went down but no one was hurt. I say all that to say I'm a biker sympathizer as my husband and many of his friends ride and I used to ride. I understand how vulnerable you are on a bike and that many drivers don't give bikers the respect they should. These bikers here are wrong though. Maybe Peter paid for Paul because not all of them are seen doing nonsense on the video..yes most of them stayed on their bikes after the initial accident...but the driver did slow down and he says they immediately started acting threatening, banging and slashing. The police believe that; the man did suffer injury and we can't see what's going on in the back so we have to believe that too. Why would he initially stop, to then decide to start back up and plow through them?

All I know is that when he got caught at the light and they attacked, if I were him I would have gone in reverse and ran some more over.

BacchanalDiva

Even if it was only one..the man was scared..how he know if the guy had a gun? How does he know if the guy is the ringleader that will give the signal to the rest? It kills me how ppl keep using the term "over reacting" like you know how the man felt and what was going thru his head with his wife and child in the car. Maybe you feel like you could have gotten out the car and had a one on one with the biker..he obviously didn't.

LB

Even if it was only one..the man was scared..how he know if the guy had a gun? How does he know if the guy is the ringleader that will give the signal to the rest? It kills me how ppl keep using the term "over reacting" like you know how the man felt and what was going thru his head with his wife and child in the car. Maybe you feel like you could have gotten out the car and had a one on one with the biker..he obviously didn't.
I think ppl say he over-reacted because his actions ended with another guy in a coma and probably paralyzed for life. I dont feel the injured biker needed to pay for this driver's actions when it wasnt him who was threatening him but helping the first injured biker in the situation.

What runs through a person's head and what is actually happening doesnt always line up so I dont think its unfair to question if the driver made a call based on reality or out of exaggerated fear.

BacchanalDiva

I think ppl say he over-reacted because his actions ended with another guy in a coma and probably paralyzed for life. I dont feel the injured biker needed to pay for this driver's actions when it wasnt him who was threatening him but helping the first injured biker in the situation.

What runs through a person's head and what is actually happening doesnt always line up so I dont think its unfair to question if the driver made a call based on reality or out of exaggerated fear.
That's why I made the Peter paid for Paul comment..its unfortunate and sad; but the driver can't be blamed. That's the problem with riding in packs like that and why the bikers I know ride with a trusted crew when they do..they know that everyone they're with has sense and a life that they wouldn't jeopardize doing nonsense and being hotheaded.

LB

That's why I made the Peter paid for Paul comment..its unfortunate and sad; but the driver can't be blamed. That's the problem with riding in packs like that and why the bikers I know ride with a trusted crew when they do..they know that everyone they're with has sense and a life that they wouldn't jeopardize doing nonsense and being hotheaded.
I'd agree with this if I could see clearly that they were that menacing towards the driver that he did what he did. I just cant get a sense of that from the video. If eyewitnesses come forward and say yeah those closest to the car were really being threatening towards him then alright. But as it stands I just dont see it. Not yet anyways.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Dat what yuh talkin there is nonsense. If one out of 30 seem a little confrontational daz enough to paralyze ah man? All that other stuff is more nonsense. Ring leader? Allyuh watchin too much T.V. Most bikers are regular hard working individuals not some sinister group of thugs looking to rough up people. Yes some riders do shit on the road and partake in dangerous stunts but these wasn't no hells angels or nutten like that. If they were going to confront as a group they wasn't staying on their bikes. So save that excuse. He overreacted to the situation.

Up to now nobody in the thread mentioned directly confronting anyone so even that is bs. If he felt threatened stay in yuh vehicle, doors locked and call the police. In the meantime film all activity going on. He paniced as if it was an angry mob and it wasn't even like that. Because of him they became to some extent an angry mob. He should be charged with attempted murder for that bullshit. Doh make excuses fuh fockry. Da man was wrong. If he coward and scared then he need to live in ah fockin bubble far away from society. So if he hit one of these young punks car and they come out guffin up because he damage they new ride and he feels threatened, would it be ok to run that driver over too?

LB

Seem like ppl are pulling in their past experiences with bikers and applying it to this situation?

kinda like the little old white lady being afraid of the big black man coming towards her on the street but not seeing that he is just a regular Joe going about his business not looking to rob or rape her.

I see why my brother says bikers have just as much to be afraid of as drivers think they do when they share the road.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
The guy you saw breaking the glass with his helmet was charged today, i forgot with what... BUt the District Attorney declined to prosecute... For now

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
okay I blew up the video and put on my glasses lol and I can see a guy hit the driver side door but it looks like he was walking away into the crowd when the driver sped off. Looks like men blowing off steam from the situation and not necessarily attacking the driver.....yet.

My brother, until he sold his bike a few months ago, is a rider. So is my little cousin. Both have said nuff times that they do not like riding together with too many friends because no matter what they do they get perceived as a threat when they are in a group. Then being black on top of it....no bueno.

thank you for taking the time to review the ootage agin, and see my point clearly....I appreciate it.

So, if a 7'0 feet tall, 350lbs darkskin bald head guy in the likeness of Shaquille O'neal, is trying to kick down your front door. You feel you have the right to shoot the man through the door, because you fear what "might happen" if he gets through that door?

That would be an over-reaction...cause the possible harm ddn't reach a level where it was necessay to take that kind of action.

that's what the SUV driver did here, in which escalated the situation.