Do caribbean people identify with the struggles of the "African Americans"

Lucianite

Carter G woodson "miseducation of the Negroe" - he said that we may achieve individual fame and fortune but unless we operated from a unified African centered perspective we will continue to languish as a race. this has turned out to be true - there are many many many very rich african people but as a whole there is so much work to be done.

TriniDivaWoman

DarkWingDuck
my solution is to help those closest to me see the light. I firmly believe that we look too far when people right here...family even need guidance...so respectfully understanding my own limitions to reach over deh...i build local talent.
well at least its a start...cause i dont know anyone personally like that in AFRICA either...i have African friends here..but my task or role is to make my self aware and to help others around me be aware as well.....if i bounce up ignorance i not mad either..cause it ent relly their fault....but make yourself and others aware and dont cage yuh mind...:good:

S

Spoogie

dey time coming to an end boy......truss dat...is only a couple thousands yrs they runnign this shit now yunno..we were doing it for eons b4. ....yuh see neo-colonialism...it crumbling...truss dat..it crumbling...we may not live to see it..but their system will be dismantled eventually...and Africa will get back theirs eventually....truss dat...
Do you like Mugabe?

TriniDivaWoman

DarkWingDuck
Do you like Mugabe?
At first I thought he was a bit harsh, his motives can be questionable as well (meaning, is he doing it for the people, or for his own selfish gains, i.e to stay in power)..but thinking about it now..he damn right......why should 80% that country's resources be in the hand of whites, does it belong to them, did they move with any mercy when they ripped us off?? nope.....so inna sense he is damn right...he is removing them from shit that does not belong to them..he very militant with it and a lil bit callous..but all d other puppets that werent doing nothing about the disadvantage to the Africans living there....he give them an opp. get up off d land or get out..or u will be removed

Its fcuked up now though...cause of all d sanctions on them (y u think?, cause he spitting in d face of the white ruling class and they dont like it...same reason they dont like Chavez and Castro..bold faceed fukkers) ......i hear ah bread dey now is like 5 million dollars dred.

Last edited:

Doctor's Daughter

Measure ur life with Love
At first I thought he was a bit harsh, his motives can be questionable as well (meaning, is he doing it for the people, or for his own selfish gains, i.e to stay in power)..but thinking about it now..he damn right......why should 80% that country's resources be in the hand of whites, does it belong to them, did they move with any mercy when they ripped us off?? nope.....so inna sense he is damn right...he is removing them from shit that does not belong to them..he very militant with it and a lil bit callous..but all d other puppets that werent doing nothing about the disadvantage to the Africans living there....he give them an opp. get up off d land or get out..or u will be removed

Its fcuked up now though...cause of all d sanctions on them (y u think?, casue he spitting in d face of a ruling class and they dont like it...same reason they dont like Chavez and Castro..bold faceed fukkers) ......i hear ah bread dey now is like 5 million dollars dred.
as u saying that,,, i said de same thing to myself some time ago... but the ruling class would do anything within or not within their power to get what they want, at the expense of others, even if it costs them their life
... The War for example!!!! The bad thing is,,, Haiti didnt have a Mugabe to hold down shit there, so it resulted in what they are facing today..... Divide and Fukking Rule....

kitkat75

Living better we are not when u are looked down upon because of your skin color and treated as second class that's not living better than back in the day it's just a few laws that allow us to get ahead.

Take for example the black youth in the 70s both AA and caribbean blacks started Hip-hop something that lasted longer than most expected and u mean to tell me that we as blacks couldn't dominate that industry and make it ours, the white that headed the record companies told us to get with them and make more money and we run with and now they're run the hip-hop game, they just keep a few of us at the top to help keep it afloat. Now after artist see how the industry was rippin them off that they now have independent labels and distributing their own music. a lot of the southern artist made there money selling there own music before they went mainstream and that is the whole idea everybody want mainstream everybody want to be at the top nothin wrong with that but do we have to always depend on the white man to get us to the top then to tear us back down as with a lot of artist in jail, not payin taxes and losing everything.

I always say they and that is some whites don't like blacks but have to torelate us because of the laws if it was all them at the top they would be on top of the world

TriniDivaWoman

DarkWingDuck
NAh. Weh whitey do was create a system of economic competition dat essentially divided di African dem. Not only did they take nuff leaders and teachers and traders from Africa but dem also put inna di heads of di Africans dat dem fellow Africans especially dem enemies are now valuable resources weh dem can go sell off. Once dih seed of dat sort a mentality get plant it blossom into dih rotten bloodclaat weed weh wih ah sih now.
yuh neva tell ah lie yet in thsi post here...:clapping:

as u saying that,,, i said de same thing to myself some time ago... but the ruling class would do anything within or not within their power to get what they want, at the expense of others, even if it costs them their life
... The War for example!!!! The bad thing is,,, Haiti didnt have a Mugabe to hold down shit there, so it resulted in what they are facing today..... Divide and Fukking Rule....

yuuupp...dey putting Mugabe out to the world as a villain...why??? jusst cause he tell dem..i dont give a fukk who u are..these resources Dont belong to you, this land is not yours, was never yours, if you got it from your forefather, you forefather stole it from my people...so GET OFF or BE REMOVED!! Now he is a villain.

Same ting..dye ent like Saddam and they made sure to kill him cause he said to them...**spits** "fukk you, this is my oil, my pople's oil and u will NOT control it!" he became a villain, they sanctioned his ass and his people....cause he basically stood up to them.....yes i think dat fukkka was lil evil too..but u think America woulda care if he was killing he people or not if he was givign away d oil tuh dem?? nope...dey only hihglighted his evil to gte a reason to kill him..put a NEO-COLONIALIST PUPPET OF THEIRS in his stead and get control of their RESOURCES

They want to continue doing this shit un-hindered but Africans will stop dem and dey shit juss now....people ent realize it ent got shit to do wid colour yunno..dais juss a distraction...if we were blue people living in Africa...woulda be d same..its all about advantaging and stealing resopurces...Africans just got he luck of d draw cause we are one of the richest continents...speaking about it pisses me off....they have this air off entitlement....dat ruling class fukk dem.!!!

TriniDivaWoman

DarkWingDuck
Living better we are not when u are looked down upon because of your skin color and treated as second class that's not living better than back in the day it's just a few laws that allow us to get ahead.

Take for example the black youth in the 70s both AA and caribbean blacks started Hip-hop something that lasted longer than most expected and u mean to tell me that we as blacks couldn't dominate that industry and make it ours, the white that headed the record companies told us to get with them and make more money and we run with and now they're run the hip-hop game, they just keep a few of us at the top to help keep it afloat. Now after artist see how the industry was rippin them off that they now have independent labels and distributing their own music. a lot of the southern artist made there money selling there own music before they went mainstream and that is the whole idea everybody want mainstream everybody want to be at the top nothin wrong with that but do we have to always depend on the white man to get us to the top then to tear us back down as with a lot of artist in jail, not payin taxes and losing everything.

I always say they and that is some whites don't like blacks but have to torelate us because of the laws if it was all them at the top they would be on top of the world
tank you......and if they who are in charge wants to change the laws in d mowning and take dat shit from us they can...dats NOT freedom....if they want to, in d morning they could have OPRAH off d air and where she riches gine go?? they controlling d shit and "allowing" some sort of pittance so to say.......but i keep sayin it ent really about blk n white..dais a distraction...it became about blk n white casue if ah pink man was robbing me continuously i'd begin to hate dat pink man...and if after a while dat pink man realized he needs something to convince his victim (d yelloe man) he ent deserve better and should shut up while being robbed...they would eventually really build animosity.....dais d only reason blk n white arise...cause one group objecting to being fukked in d ass and d other wants him to shut up and skin out. is we luck of d draw as Africans dais all.

S

Spoogie

Its fcuked up now though...cause of all d sanctions on them (y u think?, cause he spitting in d face of the white ruling class and they dont like it...same reason they dont like Chavez and Castro..bold faceed fukkers) ......i hear ah bread dey now is like 5 million dollars dred.
Ic...well you see what happen when niggas try taking back whats theirs ?

Doctor's Daughter

yuh neva tell ah lie yet in thsi post here...:clapping:

yuuupp...dey putting Mugabe out to the world as a villain...why??? jusst cause he tell dem..i dont give a fukk who u are..these resources Dont belong to you, this land is not yours, was never yours, if you got it from your forefather, you forefather stole it from my people...so GET OFF or BE REMOVED!! Now he is a villain.

Same ting..dye ent like Saddam and they made sure to kill him cause he said to them...**spits** "fukk you, this is my oil, my pople's oil and u will NOT control it!" he became a villain, they sanctioned his ass and his people....cause he basically stood up to them.....yes i think dat fukkka was lil evil too..but u think America woulda care if he was killing he people or not if he was givign away d oil tuh dem?? nope...dey only hihglighted his evil to gte a reason to kill him..put a NEO-COLONIALIST PUPPET OF THEIRS in his stead and get control of their RESOURCES

They want to continue doing this shit un-hindered but Africans will stop dem and dey shit juss now....people ent realize it ent got shit to do wid colour yunno..dais juss a distraction...if we were blue people living in Africa...woulda be d same..its all about advantaging and stealing resopurces...Africans just got he luck of d draw cause we are one of the richest continents...speaking about it pisses me off....they have this air off entitlement....dat ruling class fukk dem.!!!
and because we are so consumed by materialism and fukking mediocrity,, we too blind to see de truth!!!! I call that CULTURE!!!!!! and it's fukked up...

TriniDivaWoman

DarkWingDuck
Ic...well you see what happen when niggas try taking back whats theirs ?
so if ah battibwoy come tuh fukk yuh.....would u sit and tek fukk or fight back?? (i only used that e.g cause i know it'd get yuh wrath)....but is d same ting..Africans worldwide suffering from "learned helplessness". Always trying to play ketch up and suck up to a class of people wey dont give two fukks bout them instead ah dey get up and tek back dey shit.....is time d world ah africans tell dem guh suckk dey......loook..:grin: lemme go home yes....but ah hear ya.

S

Spoogie

so if ah battibwoy come tuh fukk yuh.....would u sit and tek fukk or fight back?? (i only used that e.g cause i know it'd get yuh wrath)....but is d same ting..Africans worldwide suffering from "learned helplessness". Always trying to play ketch up and suck up to a class of people wey dont give two fukks bout them instead ah dey get up and tek back dey shit.....is time d world ah africans tell dem guh suckk dey......loook..:grin: lemme go home yes....but ah hear ya.
do you know who Samantha power is ?

Doctor's Daughter

tank you......and if they who are in charge wants to change the laws in d mowning and take dat shit from us they can...dats NOT freedom....if they want to, in d morning they could have OPRAH off d air and where she riches gine go?? they controlling d shit and "allowing" some sort of pittance so to say.......but i keep sayin it ent really about blk n white..dais a distraction...it became about blk n white casue if ah pink man was robbing me continuously i'd begin to hate dat pink man...and if after a while dat pink man realized he needs something to convince his victim (d yelloe man) he ent deserve better and should shut up while being robbed...they would eventually really build animosity.....dais d only reason blk n white arise...cause one group objecting to being fukked in d ass and d other wants him to shut up and skin out. is we luck of d draw as Africans dais all.
true,,, it's about colour,, it's about CONTROL and COLONIZING!!!! And guess what,,, they know our WEAKNESSES ----- MATERIALISM.......

AiysyenPoze

3rd Eye Beaming
Just to add... If BLACKS shut their mouth and walk down the road, people see our color, race, creed, then automatically consider us as AFRICAN.... But if we open our mouths, then there is a difference: our accents!! The true question is WHO ARE WE REALLY??? Yes, i was born in Trinidad and Tobago, but who am I???? I am African!!! An Indian person born in Trinidad is never referred to as a Trini; He/she is generally called an Indian. Same goes for Chineese and Syrian, and so fort... But why is it that as Black people, we never brand ourself as African??? What are we ashamed of??? Or is it that we've become so decentralised and our materialism is leading us to become disconnected from our physical place and from one another....

AFRICANS in the Diaspora as a whole, are hypocrits. The first facet that I want to draw out is our emergent culture of materialism. This seems to be our dominant ethic, not limited to the Caribbean, of course. It may be that we are led along in this by others, and not having the confidence to formulate and position our own world view in contradistinction, we allow this to become a dominant facet of our own culture, willingly adopted, not resisted. And i'm talking about AFRICAN CULTURE here. Our capitulation is reinforced by official endorsement that the monetary value of the product we generate is the ultimate measure of our progress and achievement and development as societies. This measure is the dominant one in Trinidad & Tobago’s 20/20 Vision. Here, that is in T&T, we have become part of the extractive mindset of the industrial order, with no concern about sustainability, and little regard for inter-generational equity. We are scornful of the notion that humanity must harmonise its demands with Earth’s capacities. In other words, we don't give a shit about anything but what we can gain!!! Fukking Selfish!!! And that's the Diasporan African way of living, (ceterus parabis)...Then I want to draw attention to our culture of individualism. Each person for themself; ‘me’ at the expense of the ‘other’, breakdown of the authority and stability of family, school, community; and scant regard for the value of those relationships for creating and sustaining the social order. Simple,,,,, Africans are just DISCONNECTED!!!
powerful words! i hope everyone read this...

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Aaaaah, welcome, welcome! :drinks:

The terms "Black" or "White" say absolutely nothing about your heritage, culture, traditions, language...anything.
Have you read the book Race in North America: Origin and Evolution of a Worldview? I'm reading it for a class this semester. It is interesting to see how the idea of race was introduced and how the idea as permeated most of the world to some degree. It was meant as nothing more than a hierarchical system. I truly believe that the more African descendants (and other groups) abandon its ideas and identifications, the better off we will be.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
I like the term "African" too...

sure we are "diverse" but all subject to White supremacy Ideology - which we cannot address and fight unless we UNITE under our Africaness (if thats a word)...

It didn't matter that Amadou dialo and sean Bell were of "different cultures" .....
Well, yes...we have to have a correct understanding of the African continent and the Diaspora. We cannot allow the racial ideology to categorize us by color, and limit African peoples to a narrow set of descriptions which are often highly inaccurate and incomplete. Racial ideology was meant to subjugate. It's long been time to abandon that and built identities on our heritages, cultures and accomplishments.