Do countries other than Barbados and Trinidad produce soca?

dreadman

i love roti
they do to a certain extent. Artist like Skinny Fabulous had a hit last year for crop over 6:30. As for other artist they probably are only focused on their island because their carnivals are around the say time as Barbados

Wadadlison

Step one: DJ's and radio station contacts

First step to help Antiguan soca artists promote and market their
Soca music

Can someone/anyone please email me the names and contact details of as many DJ's and radio stations that play soca music in the other soca islands please
Facebook links would also be appreciated

You can send the information to gflowsocamusic@gmail.com
I also created a Facebook page called Antigua Soca Squad to help promote Antiguan Soca Music

Thanks in advance
A small island soca artist

caribarts

Thanks.
Will link you guys soon
If you have any other links please let me know. Any advice on how to promote our music will also greatly be appreciated

A small islander :0)
Come on Antigua has at least two musical ambassadors floating around the place, plus it is a country that had the opportunity to learn a lot in that direction and what did they do.......?

Wadadlison

Come on Antigua has at least two musical ambassadors floating around the place, plus it is a country that had the opportunity to learn a lot in that direction and what did they do.......?
Antigua has so much talent that can represent us but those in charge seem to only want to work with or give the opportunity to a selected few

benjie

Debble
Antigua has so much talent that can represent us but those in charge seem to only want to work with or give the opportunity to a selected few
If you waiting for a hand out then you will continue to remain in the same position you are in. Make good music and be willing to push your music. You ask what you should do? There is no mystery and there is no need to reinvent the wheel. Look at what the other succesful artists in other countries are doing and copy it. I don't copy their style or music. Copy the steps that they are taking. Go as high quality as you can with your production. Be willing to go out and perform for the exposure. Be conscious of the economy and your position in the market. (Don't charge ridiculous prices outside of what the market will bare.) If a promoter can't make money off of you, why would they hire you?

Wadadlison

If you waiting for a hand out then you will continue to remain in the same position you are in. Make good music and be willing to push your music. You ask what you should do? There is no mystery and there is no need to reinvent the wheel. Look at what the other succesful artists in other countries are doing and copy it. I don't copy their style or music. Copy the steps that they are taking. Go as high quality as you can with your production. Be willing to go out and perform for the exposure. Be conscious of the economy and your position in the market. (Don't charge ridiculous prices outside of what the market will bare.) If a promoter can't make money off of you, why would they hire you?
Thanks,
I agree with you. We will do our best to do exactly what you said.
Do you have any links to Radio Stations or DJ's that will be willing to play our music?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Thanks,
I agree with you. We will do our best to do exactly what you said.
Do you have any links to Radio Stations or DJ's that will be willing to play our music?
If you want to you can send your Antiguan music for promotion for me to play on my radio shows based in London at the email address in my signature just below.

Bless :drinks:

Last edited:

Wadadlison

If you want to you can send your Antiguan music for promotion for me to play on my radio shows based in London at the email address in my signature just below.

Bless :drinks:
I surely will
I will send as many songs from various artists as possible

I am presently creating a contact list of as many radio stations, DJ's and anyone who can help promote our soca music
I am going through Facebook, websites, etc
If you have anymore contacts to share, please share
I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks again