Does Oprah Give Back to The Black Community?

antiguad

@awalkdatalk didn’t back down after Oprah flipped the script on him. He charged back, saying ”@Oprah but its millions of us n everybody isnt classified as african americans. Notice I said ghettos,” and then went on to send a slew of tweets about all he thinks the media mogul isn’t doing for the less fortunate.
@Oprah@Oprah_World just cuz Jay-z came on ur show doesnt mean u helping the hood
All that money, create sum jobs rignt here home in America b4 u spread da wealth with others. #takecarehome1st
Still waiting for an answer not statements this isnt a campaign ad commercial.

@Oprah@Oprah_World The world and the ghetto’s want to know. We waitin.
Still not one person in America can name one hood, public housing, block, ghetto. #StillWaitinOprah
Its not just her its everybody “in position”
We didnt ask @Oprah@OprahWinfreyBiz@Oprah_World for anything, just a question. And the ghetto still got nothing. Goodnight America
As the tweets show, Oprah had nothing else to say after she spoke on sending black men to college. I imagine @awalkdatalk, like a lot of black America, is still waiting on a response or action—and probably will be for a good while.
What do you think about this follower questioning Oprah and the response she gave?
(Rant mode begins)

I think its ridiculous. If he had done a simple search then he would have seen that Oprah has given away OVER THREE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS to charitable organisations. She is under no obligation to give to the "hood" or the "streets" and even if she has, she's under no obligation to give this fool the light of day with a reply.

antiguad

Lol at these people angry cause she not targetting a specific block or hood or project building... next they will be asking her to name a specific floor in a project that she helped... point is Oprah created the schloarships and such for the underpriviliged... its now ur turn to seek these scholarships and apply for them AND HAVE ACEDEMIC CREDENTIALS TO EARN THAT SCHOLARSHI... what u want oprah to do, come to ray ray house in marcy projects and place the scholarship application in his hand?

What are these people doing to be worthy of the help... are they working two or three jobs saving money to move up out the hood or are they sitting there waiting for a hand out..

And on another site i see someone respond by saying Oprah not helping the hood because all the money she give is a tax write off... SO THE HELL WHAT.. point is 500 men got degrees because of her
LOL

100% agree

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
she was right to ask about him.. what is he doing to help the ghetto?... smh..

and carlos.. it's not a question of wanting to read it or not.. you came across like you were attacking the poster and this discussion continued in subsequent posts, i'm not gonna shrink back to tell you that.... if you post it, it's going to be read.. punto finale.. not arguing, making a statement.

str8_talk

Devine
lol at these people angry cause she not targetting a specific block or hood or project building... Next they will be asking her to name a specific floor in a project that she helped... Point is oprah created the schloarships and such for the underpriviliged... Its now ur turn to seek these scholarships and apply for them and have acedemic credentials to earn that scholarshi... What u want oprah to do, come to ray ray house in marcy projects and place the scholarship application in his hand?

What are these people doing to be worthy of the help... Are they working two or three jobs saving money to move up out the hood or are they sitting there waiting for a hand out..

And on another site i see someone respond by saying oprah not helping the hood because all the money she give is a tax write off... So the hell what.. Point is 500 men got degrees because of her
agreed!!