Dominicans are crying cause Haitian government ban

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Interracial marriages were in its "heyday" in the east coast and south of the country between 1860 and 1900. In the Cibao region, the process was much slower and recent (1980-2000).

That's why Southern people look a little different to people from other regions.

For example, people in santo domingo (South/East Region) look more like this:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aZCIC7VNgYg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
^^ A popular concert in SD, capital of the DR

People From the South

And ppl from Santiago (in the Cibao region) are more like this:

Anyway, you may find small towns where most people are just black or just white or other, but these settlements generally do not exceed 30,000 people.
Gotcha. Most of the people seemed like a mix, even if they were lighter or darker. Though I could see the difference between Santo Domingo and San Pedro de Macoris, for example. Next time, I would like visit Santiago though. Looks quite nice there...

Aquinhaiti4ever

If you don't need Haitians why your government went to Port au Prince multiple times to beg lift the ban because nobody else wants to buy y'll sh&t you claim you don't want Haiti, it's been 3 months since the ban you guys still can't walk away

TheEducator

Can you explain that?. Do you know how much money the DR government spends every year just in deportations?. Do you know how many jobs are lost due to illegal laborers?. Tell me something, do you have any idea how much Dominican money has been invested to reforest "haiti forests"?. I think you have no idea what you're talking about. No, you do not know the numbers, then shut up.

Haitian children begging for money on every avenue and/or street in every city of the DR.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bc8jZaAeXvg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Haitian government should take all haitian-aliens living in Dominican Republic and take them back to their country and then they can complain.

The worst thing about being Dominican is having Haiti as a neighboring country.
The same thing you're accusing Haitians of doing in DR. Dominicans do the same thing in other islands. And they add prostitution with it .

Ayisyen

Can you explain that?. Do you know how much money the DR government spends every year just in deportations?. Do you know how many jobs are lost due to illegal laborers?. Tell me something, do you have any idea how much Dominican money has been invested to reforest "haiti forests"?. I think you have no idea what you're talking about. No, you do not know the numbers, then shut up.
You can't be this dense. Ask yourself something, do you actually believe the amount of Dominican taxpayer dollars for health services given to Haitians is anywhere near the amount of money DR makes from Haiti??? Btw you can try to joke/deny it all you want, the fact is Haiti is DR's largest export market(making up 25% of it), so YES Haiti is very important to the Dominican economy. Haiti is a big and important trade partner, a concept a lot of Dominicans don't understand, your ppl actually believe you are doing Haiti a favor as if all the food, cement, trucks, etc were given for free right???? LOL..not to mention 500 million dollars in contracts given to Dominican construction companies, but Haiti is not important to DR?? Haitians are ungrateful because Dominicans do this for free right?? Keep telling yourself Dominican businessmen are only mad because it goes against the "law of trade"...lol...nah try dollar signs...that is why DR gov officials keep flying to Port Au Prince for 4 hrs conference talks...who else is gonna be purchasing Dominican products to the degree Haiti does???? Puerto Rico/Venezuela?? Problem solved?? Really just like that?? Haiti makes up 25% of Dominican exports alone...I'll let you do the math lol...

Illegal Haitians in DR is a Dominican problem, not Haitian. Haiti's responsibility is to provide a higher standard of living for Haitians in Haiti. DR has the 2nd largest army in the caribbean after Cuba, can't you seal the border?? Don't talk that nonsense it's impossible when your Dominican patrolmen let them thru the border everyday...cuz they know they will be working for Dominican businessmen in their construction companies and out in the agricultural fields, jobs Dominicans rather take their chance with a yola to puerto rico to grab that american citizenship...or become the next local Don Juan...before they do the same jobs Haitians do in DR...

Having Haiti has a neighbor been great to the Dominican economy and to the detriment of Haiti's economy. Just like how the "binational" market takes place only on the Dominican border where the guards collect taxes from Haitians entering/leaving DR to buy Dominican products...you can't have it both ways...you don't want Haitians in DR, but you want the economic benefits of a large, poor, mass of workers...the only ppl who truly suffer are the poor working, lower class of DR, but the DR gov currently could care less as the Dominican upper/middle are the ones making money for them...plus the poorer, lower class of Dominicans are going to PR, USA, and other west indian islands everyday...Anyway as a true Dominican national, you should be rejoicing...this is finally a chance for Haiti/DR to SEVERE ties economically, politically, and finally put a wall on that border so Haiti/DR can go about their own ways...and Haiti doesn't have to worry anymore about DR giving refuge to people financing/arming themselves to attack/upset the political balance in Haiti...

BTW, you as a Dominican have a lot of audacity to be talking down on Haitians like they are a detriment to the progress of the human race...when Dominicans are INTERNATIONALLY known for drug dealing and prostitution(baseball comes in third)...perhaps the two worst vices a group of ppl can contribute to human civilization...and be thankful to the Haitians who liberated the entire island and also helped your liberation from Spain when you Dumb_In_A_Cans decided to go back to Spain...there would be no DR if it wasn't for the Haitian revolutionaries...even Juan Pablo Duarte had respect and admiration for the Haitian revolutionaries...before he was exiled from his own group...but I'm not suprised...since they were mainly spaniards...

Aquinhaiti4ever

Santo Domingo.- Dominican Republic has decided on tighter restrictions along the border with Haiti, in an apparent reprisal for Port-au-Prince’s ban on various products, in yet another setback for the efforts toward restoring the good relations between the Hispaniola neighbors.

However Dominican Immigration director Jose Ricardo Taveras on Thursday said he will travel to Dajabón (northwest) on Friday and meet with the community to explain the agency’s special measures which he affirms would make it easier for Haitians to cross into the Dominican Republic.

He said he’s surprised and astonished that Haiti authorities allegedly closed the border crossing at Ouanaminthe, in retaliation for Dominican Republic impeding the entry of its citizens which didn’t have the required papers.

But outlet Listin Diario reports that there was no such impediment Thursday night, and instead a misunderstanding with someone identified as a Haitian judicial official. "Precisely tomorrow (today), we head to Dajabón where we will meet with the community, we will talk about development for the border resident, that will have many benefits for the citizens who live on the other side of Dominican Republic’s border (with Haiti) with access to special documentation."

The official reiterated his surprise with Haiti’s alleged closing the border gate in retaliation for the Dominican authorities’ halting of undocumented immigrants, because in his view, it’s a provision which has been in effect "for life."

He said Dominican Republic has always enforced the law on travel documents but noted a “a sort of leniency” applied during Haiti’s devastating quake of 2010. "And then, the border was almost open from the solidarity that the Dominican people have shown with neighboring Haiti.”

123KINGpapi

If you don't need Haitians why your government went to Port au Prince multiple times to beg lift the ban because nobody else wants to buy y'll sh&t you claim you don't want Haiti, it's been 3 months since the ban you guys still can't walk away

And the Haitian President come to here (every month) just to ask for money (donations)??.

Listen, I'm trying hard not to be offensive to you, but you're making it hard for me. Just the province of Santiago has a larger economy than Haiti as whole.
I think you are over-estimated the importance of Haiti, honestly.

If you don't need Haitians why your government went to Port au Prince multiple times
They have some projects in common:

Dominican Government to build university in Haiti - DominicanToday.com

Dominican President to lead reforestation ceremony in Haiti

Dominican Republic Donates Trees To Reforest Haiti | MyAyiti.Com

http://www.listindiario.com/editorial/2012/1/11/217698/Una-gran-donacion-para-Haiti

Lucianite

Breaking news dr vs Haiti conflicts extends to imiix

As common citizens of IMix, I think we can set the example of how relations . The insults from either side is not helpful. It would be good to stick to the trade issues and present the human sides or the effects on the citizens of both.

Lucianite

123king. If U were in the us and had to fill out a race form which would apply

Black
White
Other

I assume ethnicity would be "Hispanic". The other option is " non Hispanic "

Aquinhaiti4ever

Which Haitian president go to Dominican Republic every month Preval is no longer president you have no idea what you talking about last 2 year Martelly has been president how many times he visited your country Preval was an alcoholic and then your president Fernandez he went over to drink with Fernandez

123KINGpapi

You can't be this dense. Ask yourself something, do you actually believe the amount of Dominican taxpayer dollars for health services given to Haitians is anywhere near the amount of money DR makes from Haiti??? Btw you can try to joke/deny it all you want, the fact is Haiti is DR's largest export market(making up 25% of it), so YES Haiti is very important to the Dominican economy. Haiti is a big and important trade partner, a concept a lot of Dominicans don't understand, your ppl actually believe you are doing Haiti a favor as if all the food, cement, trucks, etc were given for free right???? LOL..not to mention 500 million dollars in contracts given to Dominican construction companies, but Haiti is not important to DR?? Haitians are ungrateful because Dominicans do this for free right?? Keep telling yourself Dominican businessmen are only mad because it goes against the "law of trade"...lol...nah try dollar signs...that is why DR gov officials keep flying to Port Au Prince for 4 hrs conference talks...who else is gonna be purchasing Dominican products to the degree Haiti does???? Puerto Rico/Venezuela?? Problem solved?? Really just like that?? Haiti makes up 25% of Dominican exports alone...I'll let you do the math lol...

United States is the most important trading partner of the Dominican republic.

Dominican Republic

Illegal Haitians in DR is a Dominican problem, not Haitian. Haiti's responsibility is to provide a higher standard of living for Haitians in Haiti.

I think it is the responsibility of both countries.

DR has the 2nd largest army in the caribbean after Cuba, can't you seal the border??

How? With a magic trick?. No country can seal its border 100%

Don't talk that nonsense it's impossible when your Dominican patrolmen let them thru the border everyday...cuz they know they will be working for Dominican businessmen in their construction companies and out in the agricultural fields, jobs Dominicans rather take their chance with a yola to puerto rico to grab that american citizenship...or become the next local Don Juan...before they do the same jobs Haitians do in DR...
80% of Dominicans in other countries are legal, and most of them end up returning to DR.

A totally different case.

Having Haiti has a neighbor been great to the Dominican economy and to the detriment of Haiti's economy. Just like how the "binational" market takes place only on the Dominican border where the guards collect taxes from Haitians entering/leaving DR to buy Dominican products...you can't have it both ways...you don't want Haitians in DR, but you want the economic benefits of a large, poor, mass of workers...the only ppl who truly suffer are the poor working, lower class of DR, but the DR gov currently could care less as the Dominican upper/middle are the ones making money for them...plus the poorer, lower class of Dominicans are going to PR, USA, and other west indian islands everyday...Anyway as a true Dominican national, you should be rejoicing...this is finally a chance for Haiti/DR to SEVERE ties economically, politically, and finally put a wall on that border so Haiti/DR can go about their own ways...and Haiti doesn't have to worry anymore about DR giving refuge to people financing/arming themselves to attack/upset the political balance in Haiti...
I do not like illegals, I do not mind their nationality, that's all. But the reality is that the vast majority of illegals are Haitian, Chinese come second, but the Chinese create jobs (they create their own businesses), they do not come just to look for jobs.

BTW, you as a Dominican have a lot of audacity to be talking down on Haitians like they are a detriment to the progress of the human race...
I did not create this thread, buddy.

when Dominicans are INTERNATIONALLY known for drug dealing and prostitution(baseball comes in third)...perhaps the two worst vices a group of ppl can contribute to human
I thought that Colombians and Mexicans were the drug dealer ... Thanks for the info.

civilization...and be thankful to the Haitians who liberated the entire island and also helped your liberation from Spain when you Dumb_In_A_Cans decided to go back to Spain...there would be no DR if it wasn't for the Haitian revolutionaries...even Juan Pablo Duarte had respect and admiration for the Haitian revolutionaries...before he was exiled from his own group...but I'm not suprised...since they were mainly spaniards...
Are you serious?. Or are you among those who think that all Dominicans are of African descent?. Laughable

123KINGpapi

Which Haitian president go to Dominican Republic every month Preval is no longer president you have no idea what you talking about last 2 year Martelly has been president how many times he visited your country Preval was an alcoholic and then your president Fernandez he went over to drink with Fernandez
How old are you? 12 years old?.

123KINGpapi

Breaking news dr vs Haiti conflicts extends to imiix

As common citizens of IMix, I think we can set the example of how relations . The insults from either side is not helpful. It would be good to stick to the trade issues and present the human sides or the effects on the citizens of both.
This thread was not created with the intent of discussing ideas/Points of view. We all know that.

Farinborn

readin btwn da lines
This reminds me of how D.C. used to be. Niccas that live across the street from each other that fight for ish when the whole damn block burning down.

Both countries broke as ish. Instead of trying to build sime sort if aliance, mofos want to argue about dumb ish.

This ish is is stupid to me. Mofos live on one island and t unite for benefit of the whole.....

#Facepalm