Dominicans are crying cause Haitian government ban

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
I bet there are more people from your country in mine, them DR in yours. The 30% of the inhabitants of San Pedro de macoris and La Romana came from the West Indies, many of them came from Dominica (Cocolos)

Cocolo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For every Dominican who leaves the island, Dominican Republic receives 4 foreign immigrants.
(I'm not taking into account illegal)

America: The Continent of Immigrants

Deal with that
That may have been the case in the 19th and early 20th century where west indians from many islands including mine migrated to your home land for work on the sugar cane fields... But here in the 21st century it's the other way around. Dominicans (DR) actually bumped up our population a bit.. Stlucia too and many other countries.. They are doing the exact thing the Haitians are doing. Trying find a better life. Harlem and bushwick got loads of em undocumented. So stop the rubbish about Haitians. At least they don't cause other countries to spike and actually appear on prostitution censuses. Not trying bash bruh.. I say the same thing to Dominicans (Da)..Your people do the same as for my people and every other country.. They all move somewhere to try better their life..

123KINGpapi

That may have been the case in the 19th and early 20th century where west indians from many islands including mine migrated to your home land for work on the sugar cane fields... But here in the 21st century it's the other way around. Dominicans (DR) actually bumped up our population a bit.. Stlucia too and many other countries.. They are doing the exact thing the Haitians are doing. Trying find a better life. Harlem and bushwick got loads of em undocumented. So stop the rubbish about Haitians. At least they don't cause other countries to spike and actually appear on prostitution censuses. Not trying bash bruh.. I say the same thing to Dominicans (Da)..Your people do the same as for my people and every other country.. They all move somewhere to try better their life..
The source I have given talks about the immigration in 2010, buddy. Are you sure that you read that correctly?.

What is a Dominican doing in countries that are less developed than provinces like Distrito Nacional, Punta Cana, Santiago or even Santo Domingo?.

Would you change this..
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=106088828&highlight=#post106088828

PUNTA CANA | La Altagracia | Imágenes y Discusiones Urbanas - Page 70 - SkyscraperCity

For this?
File:View of Castries Saint Lucia Day248bdriveb.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.climateinvestmentfunds....s/country_images/PPCR_Dominica.png?1343238636

Are People so crazy today?

Again, For every Dominican who leaves the island, Dominican Republic receives 4 foreign immigrants.

Un país de inmigrantes (A country of inmigrants)
http://www.dominicanaonline.org/portal/espanol/cpo_inmigracion.asp

http://travel.forumsee.com/a/m/s/p12-22764-027598--america-the-continent-immigrants.html

I've already placed sources, what about yours?.

Aquinhaiti4ever

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico – Puerto Rico's governor has endorsed a proposal to let illegal immigrants in the U.S. territory to apply for a provisional driver's license.
The license would be granted only to those who have lived in Puerto Rico for a year and have either a passport or an embassy-issued document proving their identity.
Gov. Alejandro Garcia Padilla said Thursday that he is submitting the proposal to the island's legislature because it is time for Puerto Rico to stop ignoring its immigrant communities.
More than 150,000 illegal immigrants from the Dominican Republic live in Puerto Rico, the majority in the capital of San Juan, along with thousands others
Garcia's party controls both the island's House and Senate, and legislators are expected to approve the proposal.

Read more: Puerto Rico governor pushes to give illegal immigrants driver's licenses | Fox News

N

NaturalBornRidah

What does Haiti suggest then,rather it accept goods from the DR because obviously the type of goods Haitian producers are manufacturing are not sufficing to the demands in the country's market, that should incentivize the Haitians to sharpen their quality of goods. The Haitian government is being a little extreme,they could of put tariffs on these goods, instead of banning them altogether.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
The source I have given talks about the immigration in 2010, buddy. Are you sure that you read that correctly?.

What is a Dominican doing in countries that are less developed than provinces like Distrito Nacional, Punta Cana, Santiago or even Santo Domingo?.

Would you change this..
‡ MURAL ‡ de Santo Domingo ║ Las Mejores Fotografias - Page 24 - SkyscraperCity

PUNTA CANA | La Altagracia | Imágenes y Discusiones Urbanas - Page 70 - SkyscraperCity

For this?
File:View of Castries Saint Lucia Day248bdriveb.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.climateinvestmentfunds....s/country_images/PPCR_Dominica.png?1343238636

Again, For every Dominican who leaves the island, Dominican Republic receives 4 foreign immigrants.

Republica Dominicana, Dominican Republic

Kingpapi, maybe traveling to some of the other islands would help you understand because to me, those pictures didn't help your case much. I can definitely see how some would leave a large city like Santo Domingo for a smaller, beautiful island like St. Lucia...and look for opportunities. Additionally, there are plenty less developed areas in the DR so maybe some people are coming from these places.

And honestly, it just depends on the types of opportunities you are getting at home versus what you believe you will get abroad. A number of Dominicans really are in many islands illegally...it is true.

Aquinhaiti4ever

Luis Ramon Rodriguez, the Dominican Minister of Agriculture stated that technicians from both countries are preparing an agreement on sanitary standards to allow poultry products, that Haiti banned, to return on the Haitian market ; stating that these experts have clearly established the type and conditions of Dominican poultry farms, which may be inspected by the Haitian authorities to check their sanitary status "The Dominican Republic has worked at diplomatic political and technical level," hoping that the crisis resulting from the prohibition of Haiti, is resolved by the Joint Bilateral Commission as soon as possible.

The Ambassador of Haiti in neighboring Republic, Fritz Cinéas, confirmed that the deadlock from the prohibition by Haiti of eggs, chickens and other Dominican products were being resolved the dialogue around the negotiating table, emphasizing the need to be patient for this to be resolved in the best way possible.

In Haiti, since the ban by the Haitian State of poultry products from the neighboring Republic, under the pretext of the supposed presence of avian influenza, since largely disproved by international animal health authorities, some farmers complain about this situation, which according to them, has a negative impact on the sale of eggs and local chickens.

The agronomist Jean-Jacques Bontemps, who runs the farm JAVEK of Gressier says that this decrease in sales has a major impact on the Haitian economy. He estimated that sales of local products, have declined by 50% of what he produced before the ban of Dominican products.

Donel Joseph, head of the Association for Promotion of Livestock in Haiti (AHPEL), shares that view, noting that this reduction will not only affect the national economy, but also many other stakeholders, including traders and farmers who provide corn.

Beyond unfounded accusations on the presence of avian influenza in the Dominican Republic, it is interesting to parallel the imminent arrival, of leaders of major Brazilian groups working among others in the areas of agribusiness, which should confirm their intentions of establishment in Haiti, as evidenced by an agreement recently signed between Brasil Food's largest poultry group in Latin America and Yunus Social Busines in order to revive the poultry sector in Haiti...

To be continued...

FourOneSix Man

I'm backing Haiti to the fullest right now. DR people (and people from the rest of the region too) have no problem talking down about Haitians, referring to them as poor, uncivilized people who practice witchcraft all day. People treat Haitians like they have nothing to offer and are a drain on any society they live in. Haiti doesn't owe shiit to any island in the Caribbean as far as I am concerned and especially not the DR.

I don't want to hear no garbage about DR taking in Haitians. I've been to that country. They take in Haitians and treat them like lesser human beings. The Haitians come in, primarily do the work that Dominicans don't want to do and then face discrimination. They won't even allow some Haitians who were born and bred in the DR to have DR citizenship even though Dominicans born and bred in other nations have that nation's citizenship. Do you Haiti because when you are down, people have no problems kicking you.

123KINGpapi

Kingpapi, maybe traveling to some of the other islands would help you understand because to me, those pictures didn't help your case much. I can definitely see how some would leave a large city like Santo Domingo for a smaller, beautiful island like St. Lucia...and look for opportunities. Additionally, there are plenty less developed areas in the DR so maybe some people are coming from these places.

And honestly, it just depends on the types of opportunities you are getting at home versus what you believe you will get abroad. A number of Dominicans really are in many islands illegally...it is true.

Human development in provinces of the Dominican republic

Population density in Dominican Republic

Honestly, outside of Puerto Rico, I do not see other places to emigrate and the reasons are obvious.

123KINGpapi

I would hope you aren't talking to me because I'm actually in full support of Haiti's decision to ban whatever DR products they want to ban.
The problem is that some dominican products are banned in Haiti, but haitian products are not restricted in Dominican Republic.

You get it now?. We respect international trading conditions.

SKBai1991

5% or less. by then, interracial marriages were very rare.

Would you change this..
‡ MURAL ‡ de Santo Domingo ║ Las Mejores Fotografias - Page 24 - SkyscraperCity

For this?

Republica Dominicana, Dominican Republic

Dude, it's a FACT that there are many Dominicans living in the smaller islands of the Caribbean as immigrants...why don't you travel and see for yourself? the VI, St Maarten, St Kitts, Antigua, Anguilla are all full up of Dominicans nowadays, its extremely common.

And development has little to do with it. Wages over here are higher and the currency is much more stable, so even though some parts of the Dominican Republic are more developed (since the country is larger), you can still make much more money in Antigua or in St Maarten than you would in Santo Domingo.

Furthermore, those pictures you posted are in no way representative of the standard of living of MOST dominicans living in la capital...for the majority of Dominicans the only way they'd ever be able to achieve that standard of living would be to immigrate & save money or send remittances.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Human development in provinces of the Dominican republic

Population density in Dominican Republic

Honestly, outside of Puerto Rico, I do not see other places to emigrate and the reasons are obvious.
The maps are well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that a significant number have emigrated. And to me, the reasons are obvious why some Dominicans go to other islands. Some island may be smaller, but people may have a better quality of life, generally speaking.

Wadadlineko

Let me add my two cents on this whole issue. First of all I don't see what is all the big hullabaloo about. I mean I read through most of the arguments and got a gauge of both sides. As it relates to the Dominicans that are migrating to the smaller islands most of them claim ancestry to these very same islands. I mean a lot of them that come claim that their great grandfather or whosoever were from these parts hence the reason why a lot of them flood here. Hek most of you all know the history of our people going to Santo Domingo back in the day to cut cane etc. Hek I have family born and and bred in Dominican Republic. My uncle actually met one of those family members from there. Second of all our currency is higher in these parts plus we (the other islands) don't have the same type of class system as they do in Dominican Republic. I have seen persons from the Dominican Republic move up the social ladder over time. Their children get scholorships to go and study overseas and they get good jobs (especially since they speak spanish).

Further even though we may not be as developed as parts of the Dominican Republic we (the other islands) don't have as much crime. I have heard some stories from persons who were born there. Hence making our islands (even though we do have crime as well) seem like a Eutopia.

Its 2013 why Haiti and Dominican Republic still arguing. Plus I will have to disagree that Dominican Republic goods are of inferior quality. I think they are of good quality from their hair products which are all the rave to their snacks which are available here. So yeah.

You guys need to kiss and make up and stop fussing over everything. Some of you don't even live in either Haiti or Dominican Republic much less the Caribbean so wah aryou ah argue bout.

Hispanola love and unity!!! ^_^

SKBai1991

Let me add my two cents on this whole issue. First of all I don't see what is all the big hullabaloo about. I mean I read through most of the arguments and got a gauge of both sides. As it relates to the Dominicans that are migrating to the smaller islands most of them claim ancestry to these very same islands. I mean a lot of them that come claim that their great grandfather or whosoever were from these parts hence the reason why a lot of them flood here. Hek most of you all know the history of our people going to Santo Domingo back in the day to cut cane etc. Hek I have family born and and bred in Dominican Republic. My uncle actually met one of those family members from there. Second of all our currency is higher in these parts plus we (the other islands) don't have the same type of class system as they do in Dominican Republic. I have seen persons from the Dominican Republic move up the social ladder over time. Their children get scholorships to go and study overseas and they get good jobs (especially since they speak spanish).

Further even though we may not be as developed as parts of the Dominican Republic we (the other islands) don't have as much crime. I have heard some stories from persons who were born there. Hence making our islands (even though we do have crime as well) seem like a Eutopia.

Its 2013 why Haiti and Dominican Republic still arguing. Plus I will have to disagree that Dominican Republic goods are of inferior quality. I think they are of good quality from their hair products which are all the rave to their snacks which are available here. So yeah.

You guys need to kiss and make up and stop fussing over everything. Some of you don't even live in either Haiti or Dominican Republic much less the Caribbean so wah aryou ah argue bout.

Hispanola love and unity!!! ^_^
if you 1/4 kittitian and 3/4 dominican, born in santo domingo and cyah speak a lick ah english you're dominican.