Dominicans are crying cause Haitian government ban

FourOneSix Man

The problem is that some dominican products are banned in Haiti, but haitian products are not restricted in Dominican Republic.

You get it now?. We respect international trading conditions.
I don't see a problem. DR people treat Haitians very badly. If they do not want to buy your products, so be it. Maybe your people should have treated your neighbours better.

Keep laughing but one disgruntled person on Imix can't stop Haiti from doing what they want to do. I support Haiti's decision.

123KINGpapi

The maps are well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that a significant number have emigrated. And to me, the reasons are obvious why some Dominicans go to other islands. Some island may be smaller, but people may have a better quality of life, generally speaking.

Generally speaking?.... Mmmmm. I'm not very sure. The 76% of Dominicans live in DN, Santiago, Santo Domingo, La Vega and Puerto Plata. That is why I put the density map.

Let's see:

As you can see in the graphics that I posted, Distrito Nacional (HDI 879) whit a Population of 1,484,780 has a higher Human Development Index than United Kingdom, Luxembourg, etc Santiago (HDI 801), whit a Population of 1,833,451 (If it were a country, it would be one of the most developed countries of the continent, With a human development index very close to Portugal or Argentina, for example). Santo Domingo (HDI 770) whit a Population of 3 million people, has a very decent HDI... With higher quality of life than most Caribbean islands. La vega and Puerto Plata are also pretty close... and fortunately, the poorest provinces are also the least populated.

You must think I'm being very stubborn about this, but I've already posted sources, numbers, etc of everything I say .. And I still have not seen anything from you guys. :p

Censo Nacional de Población y Vivienda 2010 :: La República Dominicana tiene una población de 9,445,281 habitantes de acuerdo a los resultados finales del IX Censo Nacional de Población y Vivienda 2010

Datos del censo indican que la población dominicana es de 9.3 millones de habitantes - listindiario.com

123KINGpapi

I don't see a problem. DR people treat Haitians very badly. If they do not want to buy your products, so be it. Maybe your people should have treated your neighbours better.
Never mix business with personal matters. have you heard of it before?.

BTW:

Haitian Students do not feel discriminated in DR

Young Haitians studying in universities in the Dominican Republic said they would not have felt discriminated against by fellow classrooms, and rather feel welcome.

Read more: El Caribe » Los universitarios haitianos no se sienten discriminados

(translated by google)

Only undocumented immigrants feel discriminated against (because of their status as illegal), those who are properly documented have no problems. the same in all countries.

Keep laughing but one disgruntled person on Imix can't stop Haiti from doing what they want to do. I support Haiti's decision.

I was laughing at his reaction to you. You have to admit it was funny.

123KINGpapi

if you 1/4 kittitian and 3/4 dominican, born in santo domingo and cyah speak a lick ah english you're dominican.
It's not as simple as that. We apply the "jus sanguinis" here. At my university there are two Asian brothers that even though they were born here, they do not have Dominican citizenship. Their parents were illegal. But they can marry a Dominican and get Dominican citizenship. It's the only way.

On the other hand, if one of them has children with a Dominican, his son will be considered Dominican, regardless of what country his son is born (This means that the child will have dual citizenship.).

I agree with what you say, but I had to clarify that.

123KINGpapi

Let me add my two cents on this whole issue. First of all I don't see what is all the big hullabaloo about. I mean I read through most of the arguments and got a gauge of both sides. As it relates to the Dominicans that are migrating to the smaller islands most of them claim ancestry to these very same islands. I mean a lot of them that come claim that their great grandfather or whosoever were from these parts hence the reason why a lot of them flood here. Hek most of you all know the history of our people going to Santo Domingo back in the day to cut cane etc. Hek I have family born and and bred in Dominican Republic. My uncle actually met one of those family members from there. Second of all our currency is higher in these parts plus we (the other islands) don't have the same type of class system as they do in Dominican Republic. I have seen persons from the Dominican Republic move up the social ladder over time. Their children get scholorships to go and study overseas and they get good jobs (especially since they speak spanish).

Further even though we may not be as developed as parts of the Dominican Republic we (the other islands) don't have as much crime. I have heard some stories from persons who were born there. Hence making our islands (even though we do have crime as well) seem like a Eutopia.

Its 2013 why Haiti and Dominican Republic still arguing. Plus I will have to disagree that Dominican Republic goods are of inferior quality. I think they are of good quality from their hair products which are all the rave to their snacks which are available here. So yeah.

You guys need to kiss and make up and stop fussing over everything. Some of you don't even live in either Haiti or Dominican Republic much less the Caribbean so wah aryou ah argue bout.

Hispanola love and unity!!! ^_^

One of the few posts that are worth reading in this thread.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Generally speaking?.... Mmmmm. I'm not very sure. The 76% of Dominicans live in DN, Santiago, Santo Domingo, La Vega and Puerto Plata. That is why I put the density map.

Let's see:

As you can see in the graphics that I posted, Distrito Nacional (HDI 879) whit a Population of 1,484,780 has a higher Human Development Index than United Kingdom, Luxembourg, etc Santiago (HDI 801), whit a Population of 1,833,451 (If it were a country, it would be one of the most developed countries of the continent, With a human development index very close to Portugal or Argentina, for example). Santo Domingo (HDI 770) whit a Population of 3 million people, has a very decent HDI... With higher quality of life than most Caribbean islands. La vega and Puerto Plata are also pretty close... and fortunately, the poorest provinces are also the least populated.

You must think I'm being very stubborn about this, but I've already posted sources, numbers, etc of everything I say .. And I still have not seen anything from you guys. :p

Censo Nacional de Población y Vivienda 2010 :: La República Dominicana tiene una población de 9,445,281 habitantes de acuerdo a los resultados finales del IX Censo Nacional de Población y Vivienda 2010

Datos del censo indican que la población dominicana es de 9.3 millones de habitantes - listindiario.com
That's why my post said may. The use of generally speaking didn't mean that all the other islands have a higher standard of living than the DR, but that the people who do leave may end up having a better quality of life. It all depends on the island and on personal experience. Quality of life is a very broad term and encompasses many aspects of life. So if people feel that they may find better elsewhere, they may go and may in fact attain that. That goes for anyone who emigrates from a particular nation.

Either way...hope Haitians & Dominicans are able to resolve this issue.

FourOneSix Man

Never mix business with personal matters. have you heard of it before?.

BTW:

Haitian Students do not feel discriminated in DR

Young Haitians studying in universities in the Dominican Republic said they would not have felt discriminated against by fellow classrooms, and rather feel welcome.

Read more: El Caribe » Los universitarios haitianos no se sienten discriminados

(translated by google)

Only undocumented immigrants feel discriminated against (because of their status as illegal), those who are properly documented have no problems. the same in all countries.

I was laughing at his reaction to you. You have to admit it was funny.
Well, maybe those students can plead with the Haitian government to lift the ban since they feel so welcome in the DR. What you think ?

SKBai1991

Let's see:

I'd like to point out first of all that the HDI index was recalibrated a couple years ago, so many of the countries that had HDI values of >.9 now have values that are <.9

The DR overall is rated at about .726, so you asserting that the DR is ranked higher than the UK is silly. I have ALOT of family in DR and while it is rapidly developing, it is in no way shape or form a developed country, and overall has a lower standard of living than most of the Eastern Caribbean, lower than average for Latin America as a whole, never mind Western Europe. Life isn't horrible, but it ain't all that great either.

International Human Development Indicators - UNDP

Also understand that there's a great deal of economic and social inequality as well. The numbers of expats, returning migrants and people living on remittances augments the standards of living of some people (especially in la capital y santiago) moreso than in the countryside, and there are smaller pockets of local wealthy people who live much better than average kid living in the slums. So those HDI indices are not always indicative of reality.

It's not as simple as that. We apply the "jus sanguinis" here. At my university there are two Asian brothers that even though they were born here, they do not have Dominican citizenship. Their parents were illegal. But they can marry a Dominican and get Dominican citizenship. It's the only way.

On the other hand, if one of them has children with a Dominican, his son will be considered Dominican, regardless of what country his son is born (This means that the child will have dual citizenship.).

I agree with what you say, but I had to clarify that.
DR wasn't always jus sanguinis though. For a long time, anyone born in DR was considered a Dominican (except for people in transit, which was interpreted to be Haitian braceros and other temporary workers for the most part) until a few years ago, when they amended the law.