dressing for funerals

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
i am getting sick and tired of people not being able to dress appropriately for funerals.....i mean, i don't understand how one can reach adulthood and not own anything decent enough to wear...and if you don't have something to wear, why would you show up looking like the local hobo

the last couple of funerals i went to had women in backless dresses so tight, you couldsee their hearbeat and stiletto...yes everyone has that tight little black dress that they wear to the club or cocktail parties, but that is not appropriate for funerals, saw some women look like how they look on a sunday afternoon, running some errands in ill fitting jeans and baby tees (complete with muffin tops and bang belly, hanging out).....seen women in red blouses and red shoes...

funny thing is, the men always look decent...not hard to wear black slacks and a dark colored button down shirt..if you don't own a suit...but the women...my god

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Tell Em' Next Time.

trust me, my friend bring someone to the funeral i went last night, and that person did not even know the deceased person, and the person that they brought was dressed totally inappropriately and i kindly let my friend know that after the funeral....the girl show up in a pink, cloth oversized flimsy dress that look like something you sleep in....look like a pajama top but without the buttons...and it was short...and every time we get up to sing hims, she have to hold the bottom and gather it together...

i tell my friend straight to get rid of that bird....

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Dress code will be strictly enforced at my funeral

you gonna enforce it from the coffin?

or will you be one of those people that request everyone wear all white or all bright colors and sing happy uplifting songs?

i just wondered if i missed the memo that black is not required for funerals anymore

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i see this same thing live at my neighbor funeral years ago.. dese other birds that lived next door.. a family i know well but the daughters and i grew apart ,,, well papayo.. i almost dead when i see dem show up in backless sleeveless neckline plunging down to they nash.. long split up the side and in front dresses like dey going to the prom at de woman funeral.. de dress and dem was so tight eh... i was like whoa.. wtf??? and kill dem dead dey sexy smh..

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
i see this same thing live at my neighbor funeral years ago.. dese other birds that lived next door.. a family i know well but the daughters and i grew apart ,,, well papayo.. i almost dead when i see dem show up in backless sleeveless neckline plunging down to they nash.. long split up the side and in front dresses like dey going to the prom at de woman funeral.. de dress and dem was so tight eh... i was like whoa.. wtf??? and kill dem dead dey sexy smh..
oh, so my anno di only one weh notice it....whew...i thought something was wrong with me.....i guess there must have been a memo sent, and i just missed it....cause jah kno

bluedasheen

lawd I thought was me alone find this utterly disrespectful. I'm appalled when I see them, is it just that people really lost dey sense of decency or maybe we ass too old and need to get with the program..

K

Kakez868

trust me, my friend bring someone to the funeral i went last night, and that person did not even know the deceased person, and the person that they brought was dressed totally inappropriately and i kindly let my friend know that after the funeral....the girl show up in a pink, cloth oversized flimsy dress that look like something you sleep in....look like a pajama top but without the buttons...and it was short...and every time we get up to sing hims, she have to hold the bottom and gather it together...

i tell my friend straight to get rid of that bird....
Ways...Ah' See How Yuh' Mean.

That's Kinda Disrespectful Almost.

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
i am getting sick and tired of people not being able to dress appropriately for funerals.....i mean, i don't understand how one can reach adulthood and not own anything decent enough to wear...and if you don't have something to wear, why would you show up looking like the local hobo

the last couple of funerals i went to had women in backless dresses so tight, you couldsee their hearbeat and stiletto...yes everyone has that tight little black dress that they wear to the club or cocktail parties, but that is not appropriate for funerals, saw some women look like how they look on a sunday afternoon, running some errands in ill fitting jeans and baby tees (complete with muffin tops and bang belly, hanging out).....seen women in red blouses and red shoes...

funny thing is, the men always look decent...not hard to wear black slacks and a dark colored button down shirt..if you don't own a suit...but the women...my god
Dress code will be strictly enforced at my funeral
ROFL at the two of you!

A true doh!

I might need to edit my will...wait my family have sense. lols.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
I think there has been a decline overall of people dressing up or dressing appropriately for special occasions and not just funerals....weddings....graduations....night at the theatre....people dont feel the need to show respect or distinguish an occasion by not wearing their everyday clothes.

Makes me nutty because that is how I was raised. You have your daily wear and then you have your special occasion clothing. I used to think it was a generational thing but when you take a stock its people of all age brackets that dress with slackness at the most inappropriate times. It is simply as shift in values.

P.S. White represents the death in many cultures so white clothing isn't too out of the ordinary for funerals.

LIONESS onda RISE

times have changed and ppl along with it.. ppl do what they WANT to do..not what they're supposed to do. thats todays world..we live ina me, me, ME world

things and ppl are not what they used to be...Example...my father gets HIGHLY upset if i need him to drop me or pick me from the airport and i have on jeans or flops...he INSISTS you are supposed to dress your sunday best for travel, especially flying..:lol: I WILL NOT!...:tongue:..but that is what they did in his time

im not one of those ppl who feel you are restricted to a certain color during funerals...BUT, i feel modest dress is a show of respect and all the extras NIkki talking, its just disgusting, but its a sign of our times

Lucianite

does color still matter at funerals ? - must if dark or white ?

I think people getting more liberal on the color thing too.....

and what church in general - i think people dress up in black churches, more so than other groups......

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i live near to a funeral home and let me tell you.. sometimes i have to wonder if folks have lost all respect for the dead with some of the antics i see.. the other day i passed by the funeral home and i scope out some outfits that made me say damn.. ol boy (i knew it was a man because there were sections of men in t-shirts commemorating their dead homie) must have been a regular at the strip club cos the women were in some skin fitting dresses, low cut almost to their navel tops, i mean i think i saw one woman in what appeared to be shorts.. and to top it off, somebody was parked up outside the funeral home and pumping some kinda lewd music.. i remember syaing to myself wait is "fck em raw dont got no kids" in the lyrics i hear dey?

to me i wear black or dark colored clothing to funerals.. i aint showing up in yellow lol

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
times have changed and ppl along with it.. ppl do what they WANT to do..not what they're supposed to do. thats todays world..we live ina me, me, ME world

things and ppl are not what they used to be...Example...my father gets HIGHLY upset if i need him to drop me or pick me from the airport and i have on jeans or flops...he INSISTS you are supposed to dress your sunday best for travel, especially flying..:lol: I WILL NOT!...:tongue:..but that is what they did in his time

im not one of those ppl who feel you are restricted to a certain color during funerals...BUT, i feel modest dress is a show of respect and all the extras NIkki talking, its just disgusting, but its a sign of our times
LOL once we started to have to strip to get through security, that dressing up nonsense went out the window!

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
i hardly attend funerals so i cant say but i would say that i think recently i have started to question whether i dress appropriately for weddings...lol...last wedding i attended apparently the grooms older family members was calling the table that my friends and i were sitting at the "whore" table :kicks