dressing for funerals

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
times have changed and ppl along with it.. ppl do what they WANT to do..not what they're supposed to do. thats todays world..we live ina me, me, ME world

things and ppl are not what they used to be...Example...my father gets HIGHLY upset if i need him to drop me or pick me from the airport and i have on jeans or flops...he INSISTS you are supposed to dress your sunday best for travel, especially flying..:lol: I WILL NOT!...:tongue:..but that is what they did in his time

im not one of those ppl who feel you are restricted to a certain color during funerals...BUT, i feel modest dress is a show of respect and all the extras NIkki talking, its just disgusting, but its a sign of our times

Unless one is traveling first/business class or private jet...it's exhausting. Going through the airport, having to practically get undressed to go through security. I'm not nor do I dress up in Sunday best to travel.

Some comfortable jeans/pants, long sleeve top w/sweater or light jacket and loafers. For me the plane is always cold regardless of the season. So no sundress and flip-flops or sandals.

Buhbayduss

change is up to us...
here is what i think... people say them dead, so they dont know... they dont know about time or place... times have change... plus people didnt read the memo or didn get it...

protocol gone through the window...unless requested...

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
I had to teach my white roommate what was appropriate to wear to a wedding -- she was about to wear a nice top and a jean skirts. I nearly smacked the child. White people are forever over casual for EVERYTHING. And black women dress up for everything like it's the club -- no excuse for your dress to be up your ass for a funeral.

I'mma have to have fashion police at my funeral!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
oh shit lol.. well weddings is a different case all together.. you have a little more leeway cos it's a celebration lol.. once yuh dress not so short that if your purse fall you hadda kick it home lol... but it's the antics at weddings that kill me.. i've seen some crazy shit there LOL. i remember one woman at my cousin's wedding, i think her name was Nicole, i remember cos she wore a red dress, and time for the bouquet toss my girl dive to the side like a goalie in a champions league match.. like when she fell to the ground i heard some older lady gasp out "omg is she okay? she may have broken a rib.. somebody help her off the floor nuh.. please!".. i was like
.. my aunt walk up dry dry "hmm ah guess SHE really wants to get married"... lol.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
what kinda shit is that :rofl: lol. i trying to imagine that and cracking up lol. i think weddings does bring out some real crazy behaviour yes..

the craziest funeral i think i've ever been to was in TnT.. it was in Tunapuna cemetery-.. which is more or less under a bridge.. so first of all the grass in the cemetery was high as hell, like it hadnt been cut in YEAAAAAAAAAAARS.. like shit was so high.. people was climbing on other people's grave to even see the burial plot.. lol.. then to top that off, it was closer to the front of the cemetery.. and since the tunnel to come in the cemetery is under the bridge, everybody has to pass thru the tunnel.. now near to the tunnel, like right near the entrance is a standpipe.. why oh why was some man bathing in the cemetery during the funeral.... my boy start off with a short pants then decide to go naked, face the funeral and scrub his balls LOL.. then to top that off.. a piper was in the funeral (mother of the deceased's baby mother/ live in gf -whose ex man had gotten out of jail the day before, wanted the baby mother back and stabbed the deceased who died in his father's arm) so the piper was like "X... ah coming to meet you jus now boy! jus now!".. real emotional semantics talk.. so she was walking near the open plot giving her impromptu speech, so somebody give her a lil push toward the grave and she stumble and almost fall in.. and she shout out "ah say JUST NOW, not now! wha de arse!!" then disappear to smoke/shoot up by the tunnel while watching the bather... then the deceased was also a SERIOUS womanizer... so there were numerous women at the funeral of unknown origin with many little curly haired children... so a friend of the deceased, George, apparently was mad that a woman was the cause of his friend's life (his face was like stone and he looked rather angry but bad man nuh cry lol) so coming down to the end of the funeral , he pulled out a cutlass and began chasing some of these women down.. that's when my aunt say "let's go!!!" grabbed me and my brother and we dipped. when i looked back, the funeral was in pandemonium and the man still by the standpipe, towelling off lol. i don't think i went to a funeral after that in Tnt..

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
i hardly attend funerals so i cant say but i would say that i think recently i have started to question whether i dress appropriately for weddings...lol...last wedding i attended apparently the grooms older family members was calling the table that my friends and i were sitting at the "whore" table :kicks
i went to my friend wedding, and i could have sworn a gaggle of strippers was there....their dresses were so short and tight, it was ridiculous

here is what i think... people say them dead, so they dont know... they dont know about time or place... times have change... plus people didnt read the memo or didn get it...

protocol gone through the window...unless requested...

no it hasn't...people just have no respect

Essential Flower

(((Natural creation)))
Great topic Nikki.....last week I went to a friend of mine son's funeral and I just had to shift my head to the other side as some ladies make their entrance. Gosh their dress code was totally uncalled for. Some of them in spaghetti with their boobs just barely covered while others in extremely short ones that made their movements a lot of hard work....if they bend you just might see Miss/ Mrs pattacake. Whatever happen to tradition? If you see colors!! Just now is lingerie. Steups!

Mrs. Campbell do you remember an outfit that you post on over so and I made reference to a similar one I wore to a funeral and how I upgrade it? Now that's an outfit for funeral

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
I have a question......

These women that are dressed inappropriate, what percentage of them would you say are "Decent Women" oppose to Ghetto Ratchet Hoodrat Hoochies'?

I'm trying to see is this issue is only related to a certain segment of the population.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
I have a question......

These women that are dressed inappropriate, what percentage of them would you say are "Decent Women" oppose to Ghetto Ratchet Hoodrat Hoochies'?

I'm trying to see is this issue is only related to a certain segment of the population.
i wouldn't know what they are...this is what i observe at other people's funerals....and these women are not women that i know or have ever seen before

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Where else have you observed this inappropriate dressing?
i observed it at multiple funerals...about 3

perhaps at one wedding....chicks in tight, short dresses...but i guess that might be the fashion, or my personal dislike of tight short dresses

for weddings, it might not be that bad, but i think it's totally inappropriate for funerals...because of the context of the event