Eastern Parkway. .....We Reach !

Lucianite

the haitian "band" dont have costume - not a real band - just a jump up ting - so they have the #s , the music and the energy - i enjoyed them
but i like traditional calypso or soca music for carnival and the costumes

i have a video on phone - will try to post

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
the haitian "band" dont have costume - not a real band - just a jump up ting - so they have the #s , the music and the energy - i enjoyed them
but i like traditional calypso or soca music for carnival and the costumes

i have a video on phone - will try to post[/
QUOTE]

Yeah.....didn't get to see them this year....i always enjoyed seeing them come down the Parkway 10k strong marching with the best sound system hands down.

Re your comments. ..well...diff strokes for diff ppl...like their format. That is their thing...even if they were in t shirts you still would have a lkt of them......anyone arguing that inorder to take part in this you need to be in costumes imo is bias.....if u want to play pretty mas....by all means do. For years the Big Trini bands were complaining of this same issue. ....yet they refuse to show up and go early......when you know they coming out 10k strong. ....so you get stuck behind them it is a wrap.

We just need to appreciate it for what it is....a nice parade celebrating W.I. pride ......

I am not looking to see Spragga Benz or his followers in costumes. .....that is not their thing...

Btw...imo..without the Haitians on the Parkway. ....it wouldn't be the same as unruly as some of the followers are......pull up Elephant man Wave yuh Flag....and see how he lock down Eastern Parkway. .ac few years ago..with both Trinis..Jamaicans. ...Bajans...etc jumping in unity together. .you cant find a better look than that of total unity and jumping as one....if u can find a better one for me...post it....we just currently have a set of F up unruly youths that want to F shit up for everyone !

Lucianite

hasn't it ALWAYS been like that with the "youth " on eastern pkway and inability to keep them/ us ( used to be me) from the paid masqueraders ?

whats the name and artist of the song about "jouvert morning.... " ?

I totally agree with -

We just need to appreciate it for what it is....a nice parade celebrating W.I. pride ......
and labor day is more than the parkway - its al the lil parties , seeing people, hanging etc.... it dooh have a big fete with tons of people

we had this one backyard spot, food , music and then time to paint and jouvert- it was great for a few yrs and then it got big and then trouble and then no more - its the natural cycle of party spots....

Lucianite

One more thing - i didn't witness any mass running/scattering - where a fight break out and people just scatter...

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Yeah....i concur.....i was doing the same as a youth, crashing...but hey....like illegal download. ..stop it at the isp level...dont come to me ! ...lol.

Just a different time and tolerance is very low now for those unruly behaviors. ....but re the pretty mas....i am on the same page....have security in place to protect them......furthermore you have Spice and other islands that come out and want the freeloaders. ..lol...so i would want them yutes to experience what i did back as a youth....i just dont know it it is controllable.

The name of the song is No Behavior by Big Red & Melo a Spice and St Lucia collaboration. ....