Erika Hits Dominica

bhalistix

It is I
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVYUVf4XfC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_MD4YjvUwds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dO0fm2OsI8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TriniReporter

T&T to assist Dominica in recovery efforts

Trinidad Express Newspapers: News | T&T to assist Dominica in recovery efforts

Trinidad and Tobago has offered to help Dominica in recovery efforts following severe flooding and damage caused by Tropical Storm Erika.

The T&T Government said it would assist Dominica by deploying two helicopters from the Air Guard to transport Dominica's Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit back home from St Lucia.

Trinidad and Tobago will also assist with aerial reconnaissance, medical operations for persons in distress and to assist persons stranded as a result of the floods.

The National Operations Centre (NOC), Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM), Defence Force and other State agencies have been placed on alert should it become necessary to render further assistance to Dominica or any other country impacted by the storm.

So far, four people are confirmed dead as Erika unleashed its fury on the island yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon, heavy wind and rain continued to buffet Dominica and 80 per cent of the island remains without electricity and water. —CMC

Oneshot

where de crix
any news on the rescue efforts?
Last i heard rescue crews were not able to fly in...
using helicopters, so far some rescue has been done,
but fella the damage is extension
im on the island,
and i am basically trapped.
unless i catch a ferry to the neighbouring islands.
the main airport is extensively damaged.

there is a smaller airport which is used to carry smaller aircraft which may be available sooner

dedetriniking

using helicopters, so far some rescue has been done,
but fella the damage is extension
im on the island,
and i am basically trapped.
unless i catch a ferry to the neighbouring islands.
the main airport is extensively damaged.

there is a smaller airport which is used to carry smaller aircraft which may be available sooner
Terrible news! Water is always the xfactor....we know that wind can do a lot of damage but when water is unleashed in torrents like that......it can be devastating.

...and i'm flying to florida this weekend.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Special Envoy of the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Brian Lara met with Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit in Roseau on Monday.

Watch this short clip of PM Skerrit speaking to Brian Lara.

PM Roosevelt Skerrit tells Lara he is pleased that he came so soon after Elections
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-kg82F6biaM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now watch this short clip of Lara speaking to PM Skerrit.

Brian Lara tells PM Roosevelt Skerrit that more help is on the way
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MtScXL8zKF8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Special Envoy of the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Brian Lara, visited Checkhall, Coulibisitrie, and Colihaut in Dominica on Monday following a meeting with Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit in Roseau.

Watch this short clip. Some parts do not have audio.

Special Envoy Brian Lara visits hard-hit areas of Dominica
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7MPMdbaD1JM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

iPicong

Guyanese rice good yet :kicks ............seriously though I seen a few outreach efforts which is good but more should be done.........specifically fete promoters.........I see a great effort coming out of Barbados from their promoters.........anything from the land of fete :confused

Carib2

Out of all the things Guyana can send its rice? Its a good gesture but come on anything else they can send

Oneshot

where de crix
Out of all the things Guyana can send its rice? Its a good gesture but come on anything else they can send
nah the rice is good,
because of a lot of farmers got hit hard.
if they can send some more no problem.
but we accept all the help we get.

8thWonder

How did Dominica really manage from this?In my opinion the disaster relief from other islands was pretty much miniscule and ineffective. The CARICOM is proving to be insiginificant in most regional matters.

Oneshot

where de crix
How did Dominica really manage from this?In my opinion the disaster relief from other islands was pretty much miniscule and ineffective. The CARICOM is proving to be insiginificant in most regional matters.
We are a small island so any help given, was immediately felt. I was impressed by the Trini's with the immediate aid of the helicopter. And Antigua government with the assistance of the ferry. The governments will always be constrained. But the Caribbean people are giving, and I personally I am impressed.

Though the effectiveness is limited, but I dont think is due to lack of character or willingness. Our economies are not sturdy enough to manage disasters to other countries.

It could have been a lot worse, had that amount rain hit Barbados for example. The lose of life would have been in the hundreds.

8thWonder

We are a small island so any help given, was immediately felt. I was impressed by the Trini's with the immediate aid of the helicopter. And Antigua government with the assistance of the ferry. The governments will always be constrained. But the Caribbean people are giving, and I personally I am impressed.

Though the effectiveness is limited, but I dont think is due to lack of character or willingness. Our economies are not sturdy enough to manage disasters to other countries.

It could have been a lot worse, had that amount rain hit Barbados for example. The lose of life would have been in the hundreds.
How much damage was done to the roads,houses,and farms? Are the Kalinago's still in villages?