Fat Joe on White Rappers Using the N Word

Tha Biz

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BRJy48JWiHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tha Biz

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mjLoZ5FtoXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:kicks

A.K.K.S.

Preach! I get his point thoroughly...For African admixed Latinos

Plus Fat Joe himself, atleast 25-35% African. Look at his facial features.

G

Gladiator

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mjLoZ5FtoXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:kicks
:kicks: I have always said this guy is one of the most undeducated..what a shame

Catracha305

Yeah, we (black people) tend to get a little sensitive by the "N" word. This is mostly because of it's the negative connotation that it carries from the past. However, we can't be throwing the "N" word around in regular conversation and in hop hop music, then get upset when someone other than a black person uses it. If that's the case, then it should never be uttered again.

On the other hand, I'm a little torn though. It still irks me a bit to hear other races say the "N" word. However, I know there are no racist intentions, so I try not to make a big deal about it. I guess change takes time.

Don't mind me...I'm rambling lol

Catracha305

Why not, though?
Personally, I don't use the word around people of other races. I'm not 100% comfortable with my white friends saying it, so I don't say it around them. However, I can understand how someone of a different race would want to say it if they listen to hip hop and/or grew up in the hood. They are not trying to racist. The "N" word is apart of regular conversation in hip hop music and in the inner city black neighborhoods.

However, as I stated before. I am bit torn on the subject. Logically, it makes no sense to get upset at a non black person for saying. Yet, there are alot of emotions tied into the "N" word, so it's almost impossible to have a logical conversation about the use of it.

G

Gladiator

Aside from his slang and ebonics, just focusing on the message, what is your issue with what he said?
he is confused..his answer to what if a white rapper say N*gger was no he was not part of the struggle (in ebonics)..THEN he end by saying he aint really care who said it once the person is not saying f*ck or P*ssy in front of n*gger toward him because that will cause confrontation

Question was very simple and he struggled to answer..oh yeah and his choice of words was stupid

Catracha305

his answer to what if a white rapper say N*gger was no he was not part of the struggle (in ebonics)..THEN he end by saying he aint really care who said it once the person is not saying f*ck or P*ssy in front of n*gger toward him because that will cause confrontation
So he said that he is torn on the subject just like myself and a few other people on this thread. He struggled because it's a sticky situation and the answer is not always so black and white. What's wrong with that?

SKBai1991

Personally, I don't use the word around people of other races. I'm not 100% comfortable with my white friends saying it, so I don't say it around them. However, I can understand how someone of a different race would want to say it if they listen to hip hop and/or grew up in the hood. They are not trying to racist. The "N" word is apart of regular conversation in hip hop music and in the inner city black neighborhoods.
That makes no sense. Homosexuals call each other "queers" as a term of endearment, but NOBODY goes around trying to take that from them, because people know they're not gay, they don't understand gay issues and they don't relate to gay struggles. I have lesbian friends who call each other dykes, but I would NEVER call them a dyke because that's just not my place to do so. Every oppressed group has their own words and slangs for themselves that outsiders can't use, so why is it that Blacks have to just deal with it when other groups don't?

People know when something is an insult and when something is inappropriate, nobody older than 12 has any excuse for throwing around racial slurs (for people of other races than their own) and playing dumb when they get called out on it.

However, as I stated before. I am bit torn on the subject. Logically, it makes no sense to get upset at a non black person for saying. Yet, there are alot of emotions tied into the "N" word, so it's almost impossible to have a logical conversation about the use of it.
It makes perfect sense to get vex with someone for saying n!gger...shit is disrespectful. Being Black in the USA comes with a very specific and unique set of problems and challenges that other races don't face in similar ways, so its disingenuous for people who don't identify with the struggle to go around saying that word.

Catracha305

That makes no sense. Homosexuals call each other "queers" as a term of endearment, but NOBODY goes around trying to take that from them, because people know they're not gay, they don't understand gay issues and they don't relate to gay struggles. I have lesbian friends who call each other dykes, but I would NEVER call them a dyke because that's just not my place to do so. Every oppressed group has their own words and slangs for themselves that outsiders can't use, so why is it that Blacks have to just deal with it when other groups don't?

People know when something is an insult and when something is inappropriate, nobody older than 12 has any excuse for throwing around racial slurs (for people of other races than their own) and playing dumb when they get called out on it.

It makes perfect sense to get vex with someone for saying n!gger...shit is disrespectful. Being Black in the USA comes with a very specific and unique set of problems and challenges that other races don't face in similar ways, so its disingenuous for people who don't identify with the struggle to go around saying that word.
I don't think queer and dyke have the same argument. Queer and dyke aren't in every rap song that is played on the radio and television.

Also, if you call your friend a dyke, it's different because she is actually lesbian. However, calling your male friend or yourself a dyke doesn't have the same effect. The same goes for a white person that refers to their white friend as " my nigga" or when Fat Joe said that he was "that nigga"

However, I totally understand what you are saying. Which is why i was saying that I am torn. This topic is definitely a sticky one.