Fathering

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
How many IMIX men regularly provide complete care for their children under 13 years of age? This includes meal preparation, diaper changes, laundry, grooming, bathing, education, transportation, etc.

How many IMIX men believe that there is such a thing as "women's work?" Please list the activities that you consider to be women's work.

Men are complaining that they are not awarded custody of children but they are also refusing to provide basic care to the underage children in their families.

I have personally heard men refer to taking care of their own children as "babysitting." This idea is the main that courts are afraid to award custody to men.

(I also believe that the risk of child sexual abuse is also part of the reason. Most children who are molested are molested by a close male relative. Not giving a child to the father to raise significantly reduces this possibility. Women molesting children happens but it is extremely rare.)

Modern fathers only started changing nappies in last 20 years - Telegraph

And a 2010 study found that 65 per cent of men helped 'a great deal' with nappy changing.
Do I need to explain this statistic. 2/3 of men "help" take care of their own child. What does the word "help" imply?

Furthermore World-Changing Men Don't Change Diapers, TIME 100 Suggests - Forbes being a parent is not considered a priority for men. How many women list their activity as "mother" even if they have a real career. Do you know many men who prioritize being "father" and make it their life's work. I don't even mean stay-at-home fathers. I mean busy career executives who never complain about the struggles of being a father and being a CEO the way that women complain that they cannot balance childcare and work.

Feel free to add more examples.

It is 2013, but when it comes to parenting, it is not much different from 1950. I can count how many fathers I have seen on commercials taking care of their children and there are even fewer being shown taking care of houses. Don't expect to benefit from sexism and then complain about it in the same breath.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Modern Parenthood | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

shows more statistics including some promising ones about improvements. But the gender bias is still very clear and is supported by both genders.

This article The Parenting Group and Edelman Partner To Provide Insights on The Modern Dad at the First Dad 2.0 Summit: 82 percent of Men Who Became A Parent in the Past Two Years Feel There is A Societal Bias Against Fathers - Edelman
states that men think that there is a bias against men who are parents.

I appreciate this quote “Dads’ role and voice needs to be taken seriously. Long gone are the days when dad’s primary responsibility was financial security and disciplining their children,” said Missy Maher, Edelman’s Director of Mom Foresight. “Dads today demand work-life balance and play a larger role at home by choice. In fact, more than 50 percent of both moms and dads agree that moms and dads roles are defined – it’s about being a parent. Marketers in particular need to think about how dads are impacting and influencing decisions when it comes to their families and the brands they are choosing.”

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
How many IMIX men regularly provide complete care for their children under 13 years of age? This includes meal preparation, diaper changes, laundry, grooming, bathing, education, transportation, etc.
Yes...

Farinborn

readin btwn da lines
I do it when necessary. I do believe that there neefs to be a more balanced court system in reguards of parental disputes over the children.

Oneshot

where de crix
yes but there is somethings i am not skilled in doing, for example i will unbraid my neices hair, wash it but not for the life of me, can i braid hair.

and also as men we cant compete against the breast,

str8_talk

Devine
yes but there is somethings i am not skilled in doing, for example i will unbraid my neices hair, wash it but not for the life of me, can i braid hair.

and also as men we cant compete against the breast
lol i agree, men can never win against that!!

Poca

What is considered "necessary"?

I totally agree about a balanced family court approach.

I do it when necessary. I do believe that there neefs to be a more balanced court system in reguards of parental disputes over the children.

Farinborn

readin btwn da lines
What is considered "necessary"?

I totally agree about a balanced family court approach.
Necessary meaning if she (wife) cant get to certain things in/out the house I fill in. She does most of the running round with the kids though.

Poca

Do you think that it would be beneficial to your kids if you take part / do the "running around with your children?

Necessary meaning if she (wife) cant get to certain things in/out the house I fill in. She does most of the running round with the kids though.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Exactly!

And, yet you think that you should have equal rights to custody. She does the childcare but you propose that you are an equal option for a parent....

Farinborn

readin btwn da lines
Do you think that it would be beneficial to your kids if you take part / do the "running around with your children?
Ideally it would. However, Im the only one working and cant do everything. I do have to rest.

Farinborn

readin btwn da lines
Exactly!

And, yet you think that you should have equal rights to custody. She does the childcare but you propose that you are an equal option for a parent....
Why wouldnt i be?What if the childcare she privided was inadequate. What if she could clean but her idea of nurturing a child was not bringing out the best in the children. What if i had an all around better relationship with my children than she. What if she was just a bad mother with good intentions.

Not saying this what im going through, nevertheless, i know a few fathers that had to take custody of thete children for these same reasons. Just because she gave birth shouldnt automatically mean she outright should have custody of the children after breakup or divorce

Poca

What she is saying is that, while you are with the mother you admit of not being the one minding the kids but if you separate now all of a sudden you would want to play an active role in their day to day life despite the fact that you would still be working and would even have more responsibility as a single parent.

why not do it while together?

Why wouldnt i be?What if the childcare she privided was inadequate. What if she could clean but her idea of nurturing a child was not bringing out the best in the children. What if i had an all around better relationship with my children than she. What if she was just a bad mother with good intentions.

Not saying this what im going through, nevertheless, i know a few fathers that had to take custody of thete children for these same reasons. Just because she gave birth shouldnt automatically mean she outright should have custody of the children after breakup or divorce

Farinborn

readin btwn da lines
What she is saying is that, while you are with the mother you admit of not being the one minding the kids but if you separate now all of a sudden you would want to play an active role in their day to day life despite the fact that you would still be working and would even have more responsibility as a single parent.

why not do it while together?
I admited that she does most of the running around with them which is basically on Saturday. Everything else, i help or do when I can or "when necessary". Most of