Favorite NY Summer spots

BacchanalDiva

Where allyuh like to go in the summer for summer-time family type fun?

Do you end up spending a lot of money on permits and passes or time & money traveling out of town a lot on weekends?

I'm over here thinking if there are any fun spots I'm neglecting. Mostly we spend a lot of time at Playland because its 5 minutes away, small enough not to be a lot of work and the nice short lines also take away typical amusement park work.

For swimming I do Glen Island Beach in New Rochelle or the Mamaroneck Pool or Saxon Woods in White Plain. Saxon also has great trails to walk, picnic etc, horseback riding and they do various special activities. I stay away from Rye Beach because it gets crowded up with out of towners. All except the Mam'k pool are free with a county pass which only costs $200 every 3 yrs. Mam'k pool is a rip off but I'm partial to it lol

New favorite spot which I recommend to anyone with kids is Stamford Museum and Nature Center...name does it no justice, this place is awesome with so much stuff to do and if you have young kids, not only do they have a great, educational time but its not one of those places where you'll spend lots of energy keeping them entertained and out of trouble..the ppl there do it for you lol

Splash Down is the only big waterpark close by but still a 40 minute drive and last year the princess got real sick after going there so I'm convinced the place is full of germs..probably not enough chlorine in the water YUCK

What else is good in NY and surrounding? Don't wanna go to Jersey tho.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
10 imix credits say Richie come in here and say something bout fat Brooklyn gyal. If he doesn't, he must've got one to finally call him back.

BacchanalDiva

coney island
dumbo
battery park city
propect park concerts
What is Dumbo and what goes on in Battery Park City? Problem with stuff in the city is the energy and time you have to spend finding parking and then the money parking costs. I haven't been to coney island since I was a kid. Some imixers recently said its a dump these days, true?

lol@ chinky, fat gyal season finish for now so he'll let up for awhile.

Ras_Apache

What is Dumbo and what goes on in Battery Park City? Problem with stuff in the city is the energy and time you have to spend finding parking and then the money parking costs. I haven't been to coney island since I was a kid. Some imixers recently said its a dump these days, true?

lol@ chinky, fat gyal season finish for now so he'll let up for awhile.
coney island is kinda dumpish but it is still a fun lime with the kids. we go watch the cyclones game (minor league baseball) watch the fireworks, walk along the board walk, go on a few rides and eat a few nathans hot dogs. its nothing grand but it is a fun lime for what it is.

dumbu stands for down under manhattan bridge underpass. its a cool artsy neighborhood with a nice waterfront park, nice little restaurants and a fun place to window shop and lime.

hanging out in the city is normally a sunday thing when it is easier to find parking. you can ride you bike all the way up the west side highway then all the way down behind battery park to where the nice yachts park up. a fun way to enjoy sunday with the family and some ice cream.

BacchanalDiva

Think I'll skip the coney island since I can do that at playland but the city thing I have to try. Just remembered how much my son used to enjoy taking the train into the city and I'd let him ride his scooter in central park plus the lil one keeps saying she wants to ride a train lol. She's not old enough yet for anything that doesn't either let her run free or keep her fully entertained.

Want to go camping this summer but looking for a spot that has nearby family entertainment like a waterpark or something. Any suggestions?
coney island is kinda dumpish but it is still a fun lime with the kids. we go watch the cyclones game (minor league baseball) watch the fireworks, walk along the board walk, go on a few rides and eat a few nathans hot dogs. its nothing grand but it is a fun lime for what it is.

dumbu stands for down under manhattan bridge underpass. its a cool artsy neighborhood with a nice waterfront park, nice little restaurants and a fun place to window shop and lime.

hanging out in the city is normally a sunday thing when it is easier to find parking. you can ride you bike all the way up the west side highway then all the way down behind battery park to where the nice yachts park up. a fun way to enjoy sunday with the family and some ice cream.

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
Think I'll skip the coney island since I can do that at playland but the city thing I have to try. Just remembered how much my son used to enjoy taking the train into the city and I'd let him ride his scooter in central park plus the lil one keeps saying she wants to ride a train lol. She's not old enough yet for anything that doesn't either let her run free or keep her fully entertained.

Want to go camping this summer but looking for a spot that has nearby family entertainment like a waterpark or something. Any suggestions?
For camping check out the Catskills. Camping in the Catskills | Official Tourism Site of the Catskills

My Brother and his family went to Hershey park some years ago and stayed the weekend. He still can't stop talking about it.

BacchanalDiva

For camping check out the Catskills. Camping in the Catskills | Official Tourism Site of the Catskills

My Brother and his family went to Hershey park some years ago and stayed the weekend. He still can't stop talking about it.
Thanks. We did a spot in the catskills before the baby and it was great but didn't have much that would entertain a preschooler. Just clicked you link tho and 1st glance I see one w/ playground and wee one activities. Hershey park is on my list if quick getaways, she'll love it.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Where allyuh like to go in the summer for summer-time family type fun?

Do you end up spending a lot of money on permits and passes or time & money traveling out of town a lot on weekends?

I'm over here thinking if there are any fun spots I'm neglecting. Mostly we spend a lot of time at Playland because its 5 minutes away, small enough not to be a lot of work and the nice short lines also take away typical amusement park work.

For swimming I do Glen Island Beach in New Rochelle or the Mamaroneck Pool or Saxon Woods in White Plain. Saxon also has great trails to walk, picnic etc, horseback riding and they do various special activities. I stay away from Rye Beach because it gets crowded up with out of towners. All except the Mam'k pool are free with a county pass which only costs $200 every 3 yrs. Mam'k pool is a rip off but I'm partial to it lol

New favorite spot which I recommend to anyone with kids is Stamford Museum and Nature Center...name does it no justice, this place is awesome with so much stuff to do and if you have young kids, not only do they have a great, educational time but its not one of those places where you'll spend lots of energy keeping them entertained and out of trouble..the ppl there do it for you lol

Splash Down is the only big waterpark close by but still a 40 minute drive and last year the princess got real sick after going there so I'm convinced the place is full of germs..probably not enough chlorine in the water YUCK

What else is good in NY and surrounding? Don't wanna go to Jersey tho.

Well, I definitely do Saxon Woods...it's more than enough water & fun for a local hot summer day. Plus u can bring ur own food & snacks. I was suppose to do Playland last weekend, but had some more important things to take care of...maybe nex' week after the holiday. I did Great Adventures last year had a good time...hope to do it again, if not Dorney. I usually do Splish Splash in L.I too, though it's jouney. I didn't know about splash down in fishkill, might check that out this year since it's so close. I was driving thru Connecticut in the fall and passed by this water park called "Lake Compounce".

Lake Compounce - New England's Family Theme Park

I said I will try it out since I already drive 2 hrs out to L.I. to Splish Splash, I can drive the 1.5 hrs up there. Glen Island, is walking distance...so, that's another common spot. Actually, I might be doing a bbq with the fam there in july. Plus, fishing...more fishing this year is must. Oh, I said I wanted check out the Norwalk Maritime Aquarium..that's on my to do list too.

BacchanalDiva

Oooh a waterpark! Will check that one out, if u go before me come back w/ a review. Spash down been around since I was a kid but I think it's lost it's shine and I'm a germaphobe, need to smell chlorine.
You live walking distance from Glen island? *puts on shades and hat

:kicks

Well, I definitely do Saxon Woods...it's more than enough water & fun for a local hot summer day. Plus u can bring ur own food & snacks. I was suppose to do Playland last weekend, but had some more important things to take care of...maybe nex' week after the holiday. I did Great Adventures last year had a good time...hope to do it again, if not Dorney. I usually do Splish Splash in L.I too, though it's jouney. I didn't know about splash down in fishkill, might check that out this year since it's so close. I was driving thru Connecticut in the fall and passed by this water park called "Lake Compounce".

Lake Compounce - New England's Family Theme Park

I said I will try it out since I already drive 2 hrs out to L.I. to Splish Splash, I can drive the 1.5 hrs up there. Glen Island, is walking distance...so, that's another common spot. Actually, I might be doing a bbq with the fam there in july. Plus, fishing...more fishing this year is must. Oh, I said I wanted check out the Norwalk Maritime Aquarium..that's on my to do list too.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Oooh a waterpark! Will check that one out, if u go before me come back w/ a review. Spash down been around since I was a kid but I think it's lost it's shine and I'm a germaphobe, need to smell chlorine.
You live walking distance from Glen island? *puts on shades and hat

:kicks

Yes, and No....

My child does, I jus' felt like saying that to spoil ur fun.:kicks

*Puts macco shades back on*......:blind: