Folks.. question.. really serious question

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
If you married to somebody and their mother is ailing sick practically on chemo and dialysis.. and even though them and their mother didnt really have the best of relationships... would you dictate that they "leave her to die because of her bad choices"????

if it was your mother, would you see that she is being taken care of by your HIGHLY RESENTFUL sibling? I mean things like get food, have baths, get in the bed etc...things the sibling isnt really concerned with doing or allowing OTHERS (nurses, friend, fam ) to help or attend to the mother..as in if family members have a key to go and feed them. your sibling takes away the key... a bedridden woman..

like i am.. just.. smh... smmfh.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
If you married to somebody and their mother is ailing sick practically on chemo and dialysis.. and even though them and their mother didnt really have the best of relationships... would you dictate that they "leave her to die because of her bad choices"????

if it was your mother, would you see that she is being taken care of by your HIGHLY RESENTFUL sibling? I mean things like get food, have baths, get in the bed etc...things the sibling isnt really concerned with doing or allowing OTHERS (nurses, friend, fam ) to help or attend to the mother..as in if family members have a key to go and feed them. your sibling takes away the key... a bedridden woman..

like i am.. just.. smh... smmfh.

You just LAND today?

Welcome to America.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
this has nothing to do with america as this situation isnt taking place in America.. but the DIL is american.. so hmm you might be right.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
okay the nationalities of the participants is not the issue.. the issue is would you allow your sick parent to be deprived of care, regardless of the relationship that you and that parent have.. and also would you allow your spouse to push you to be negligent and turn your back on the situation..

Oneshot

where de crix
okay the nationalities of the participants is not the issue.. the issue is would you allow your sick parent to be deprived of care, regardless of the relationship that you and that parent have.. and also would you allow your spouse to push you to be negligent and turn your back on the situation..
i know of people who were wronged by their parents, they wont visit or talk to their parents, so i this happening easily.

pennywhine

In a word.... NO! thats my Mother/Father regardless of situation so i make that decison not my sig other.....

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i totally agree pennywhine.. my mother and i could not talk for years and if she's sick then she will be taken care of, regardless.. and your spouse dictating your pace is a no no..

Missmayling

Regardless of the relationship, I would be take care of my parents.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i honestly was a little suprised by the reaction from the wife about the situation.. i was like damn.. its like that? this isnt even your fight!! lol.. and if somebody aint thinkin bout their parent's welfare.. then i'm damn sure not puttin myself out there with u lol

Buhbayduss

change is up to us...
I will not encourage no one not take care of their parents... cause I will take care of my parent even if that means putting them in a home... even if we had a falln out I wanted nothing to do with them...

if you encouraging your bf/gf, husband or wife not to take care of their parents, what will you do when they are incapable of helping themselves for reason and there's an intense falling out...

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
No, that's my parent and I would rather it be myself to take care of them. Shoot it's just me so regardless of relationship my s/o can kick rocks (thank goodness he isn't like that). If I can't do it on my own, believe me they will receive the best care that I can afford.

Ms.Josiewhales

It depends....For instance, If u told ur mom her boyfriend was molesting you and she didn't believe you and accused you of lying would you still take care of her on her death bed??? :confused

Ms.Josiewhales

i probably would.. people do make mistakes.. if its an eye for an eye everybody will be blind
True but we aren't talking eyes here...

Well at least you said probably bc some shoes are hard to walk in... I experienced a similar situation w my mom and had she not apologized for calling me a liar for no reason whatsoever....I still wouldn't be able to look at her much less care for her smh...

Its hard to bathe feed and care for a person whom u love who thinks so low of you that they think you are capable of lying about something so serious.