French president Hollande evokes Frences Debt-Haiti-Stop short Reparations

Aquinhaiti4ever

Francois Hollande Evokes France's 'Debt' To Haiti, But Stops Short Of Reparations

François Hollande spoke at the inauguration of a memorial for slavery in Guadeloupe on Sunday. Reuters
Speaking at the inauguration of a memorial and cultural center in Guadeloupe devoted to the history of slavery, French President François Hollande evoked France’s “debt” toward its former slaveholding colony of Haiti but also appeared to reject the idea of monetary reparations.

“When I go to Haiti, I will, for my part, handle the debt that we have,” Hollande said to loud applause. But later in the same speech he cited a famous French Caribbean writer’s objections to financial reparations.

After stopping in the French overseas territories of Guadeloupe and Martinique, Hollande is slated to visit Cuba on Monday and Haiti on Tuesday.

Oneshot

where de crix
Francois Hollande Evokes France's 'Debt' To Haiti, But Stops Short Of Reparations

François Hollande spoke at the inauguration of a memorial for slavery in Guadeloupe on Sunday. Reuters
Speaking at the inauguration of a memorial and cultural center in Guadeloupe devoted to the history of slavery, French President François Hollande evoked France’s “debt” toward its former slaveholding colony of Haiti but also appeared to reject the idea of monetary reparations.

“When I go to Haiti, I will, for my part, handle the debt that we have,” Hollande said to loud applause. But later in the same speech he cited a famous French Caribbean writer’s objections to financial reparations.

After stopping in the French overseas territories of Guadeloupe and Martinique, Hollande is slated to visit Cuba on Monday and Haiti on Tuesday.

he is a terrible president.

Oneshot

where de crix
He has the lowest approval rating I don't know what the hell he going to do Haiti, and running his mouth not even go there yet
exactly when he have his own french citizens suffering.
black and arab french are still considered immigrants.
even though is they who win the world cup

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
We'll see how this plays out when he go Haiti to see Toussaint Lourverture statue everywhere as an hero French killed in prison
It's going to go the same way it went when Sarkozy went there. The bourgeoisie are going to clamor over him and they're gonna beg for help. SMH. Maybe France can help them orchestrate another coup. Only in Haiti.

Oneshot

where de crix
It's going to go the same way it went when Sarkozy went there. The bourgeoisie are going to clamor over him and they're gonna beg for help. SMH. Maybe France can help them orchestrate another coup. Only in Haiti.
i dont think that much, but people see the wealth being distributed, access to mineral drilling, prime property and so forth. they want their piece, they some form of patronage. And Holland is trying to get more minorities to offset the rise of Le Pen