Gay Marriage Is An Oxymoron!

MJ7

Like many people; I've reached my limit with the gay marriage debate and I'm just going to speak my mind. In my honest opinion, it's a farce. Why? Because for the simple fact that most gay/lesbian unions in and of itself are "hook-ups" not relationships, as is being perpetrated in the media of late. The gay community is playing the "victim" with great strategy: guilt the public into thinking that our way of life(heterosexual marriage) is wrong to their benefit. Most gay/lesbian unions are not monogamous; they are open and are not celibate at all.

As the old rap song went: "Don't believe the hype."

First of all, the gay marriage debate is a farce. Why? Because it's not really about "rights" it is and always has been about SEX. Basically, they want to feel validated to have it with whom they choose and how much they desire.

Do they really care about SS or insurance, pension plans, health care, et al? All you have to do is sign a joint tenancy agreement or leave a trust for your partner if this were about the transference of benefits and property. They contend that being allowed to marry gives them the same rights of the heterosexual married community, but honestly, anyone that understands contract law and civil unions, knows full well that all one has to do is sign a joint tenancy agreement if this were really an issue of benefits and property being transferred upon death.

And if someone dares ask you what your opinion is on gay marriage; the proper response should be: your opinion doesn't matter at all in cases of free will.

As the old rap song went: "Don't believe the hype."

The institution of marriage is being targeted by the gay and lesbian community mainly because of their opposition to the Christian definition of marriage. It's well known how many from the gay community challenge the Bible's definition of of marriage and its condemnation of their lifestyle choice. The bottom line here is that you can't produce life from gay/lesbian unions without bio-tampering (invetro-insemination). IT'S NOT NATURAL and with all due frankness; homosexuality is sexual retardation.

That's the real truth here and I'll challenge anyone to say otherwise.

*Stand for something of FALL FOR ANYTHING.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
The issue for them is not marriage per se but to gain acceptance.
It's to legitimize their sexual perversion.

well if they pay taxes and its legal, the next logical step would be to grant the right to marriage universally, expecially to get joint tax benefits, social acceptance and other things.

this is a secular country, not a religious state, so gays will be allowed the right to marry.

MJ7

well if they pay taxes and its legal, the next logical step would be to grant the right to marriage universally, expecially to get joint tax benefits, social acceptance and other things.

this is a secular country, not a religious state, so gays will be allowed the right to marry.
Wanna know what I'd ask a gay/lesbian couple? If they think it's ok to marry the same gender; would they also consider a dog to impregnate a cat?

I'd love to see the look on their faces
...:kicks

Oneshot

where de crix
Everyone isn't Christian.

America is a secular nation.

As for the non natural debate. Just look at the animal kingdom. Then if you are agree it is non natural is monogamy also not natural, if so why not legalize polygamy. So what is or isnt natural.

Moreover, if you are a Christian you would recognize what happens in a courthouse has no bearing.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Ideally, the government needs to get out of the marriage business and/or people should be given civil unions, leaving marriage to religious/other institutions. That is the consequence of allowing the state to take control of marriage unnecessarily. It has long provided its own definition "man, woman, state" which differs from "man, woman, God." So to claim the government is now changing the definition of marriage is inaccurate.

If not, then regardless of religious persuasion, people should be given the opportunity to marry. It is a moral decision that does not infringe on the rights of anyone else. Allowing gay marriage does not infringe on the right of religious people who believe marriage is between a man, woman and God to marry. It does not prevent us from holding, teaching or practicing our beliefs. People need to stop attempting to push their religion through government. It is unconstitutional, and it conflicts with Scriptural principles for those who are Christian. Others have the God-given right to make their own choices on this matter.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
This has nothing to do with religious or secular laws.

You could give gay couples the exact same rights under the law and they would still not be satisfied.

They want it to be called marriage which puts their relationship on the same footing as heterosexual relationships. Gay couples are now the norm on prime time tv shows. It's a culture war and sadly they are winning.

OverLord Strum

Regardless of religious persuasion, people should be given the opportunity to marry. It is a moral decision that does not infringe on the rights of anyone else. Allowing gay marriage does not infringe on the right of religious people who believe marriage is between a man, woman and God to marry. It does not prevent us from holding, teaching or practicing our beliefs. People need to stop attempting to push their religion through government. It is unconstitutional, and it conflicts with Scriptural principles for those who are Christian. Others have the God-given right to make their own choices on this matter.
Holy shit. Thank you. :meeting:

As for the non natural debate. Just look at the animal kingdom. Then if you are agree it is non natural is monogamy also not natural, if so why not legalize polygamy. So what is or isnt natural.

Moreover, if you are a Christian you would recognize what happens in a courthouse has no bearing.
at the end of the day, Christian extremist like to force their ideals upon others, not just Christians but all other extremists. If gays want to be married, then so be it. I see this just like interracial marriage in America, just another step at progress. Its not like gays are not gonna live together and have families, why not legitimize it.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
at the end of the day, Christian extremist like to force their ideals upon others, not just Christians but all other extremists. If gays want to be married, then so be it. I see this just like interracial marriage in America, just another step at progress. Its not like gays are not gonna live together and have families, why not legitimize it.
Lots of things can be called progress.
But have you ever considered a progression to where and what?

SMBRCH

Wanna know what I'd ask a gay/lesbian couple? If they think it's ok to marry the same gender; would they also consider a dog to impregnate a cat?

I'd love to see the look on their faces
...:kicks
"do you think its ok for a black congo man to marry a pure milky white lady? ofcourse no right? because the 3/5 of a human could should never be allowed that right.."

this is probably the thinking of most whites pre civil rights,

but things change, its not really a matter of if gay marriage is gonna be universal but when

Lots of things can be called progress.
But have you ever considered a progression to where and what?

SMBRCH
I think progress towards equality...gays love each other..just like st8's love each other...whats the logical reason for them being denied the rights?

I am not too in favor of it personally but logically I have no reason to be against it...I much prefer the term "civil union"

Mainly because the term marriage carries a heavy religious connotation and this may rub some religious people the wrong way

A Supreme Court Justice Takes Down An Anti-Gay Marriage Argument In 1 Minute

During a Supreme Court hearing to determine whether Proposition 8 (marriage shall only be between one man and one woman) was constitutional, a number of anti-gay marriage arguments got spectacularly demolished. Check out this quote from Justice Sotomayor and listen to the exchange below.

A Supreme Court Justice Takes Down An Anti-Gay Marriage Argument In 1 Minute

Sotomayer said everything i said in the earlier post, no logical reason to deny. our denying comes from religion and since America is secular. there is no strong opposition here.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
If gays want to get married and go through the same trials and tribulations as straight folks then so be it... I have no issue with it...

i'm going to ask two gay couples that question MJ posted and copy and past their responses... one male couple, one female couple..

If gays want to get married and go through the same trials and tribulations as straight folks then so be it... I have no issue with it...

i'm going to ask two gay couples that question MJ posted and copy and past their responses... one male couple, one female couple..
dont think you should ask them that question cuz comparing them to a cat and dog analogy kinds of coming off as demeaning and condescending in the same breath.

You really sensed MJ7's own prejudice in that statement, plus its a loaded question.

Oneshot

where de crix

honestly, i am just waiting to see them divorce court. cant wait when black lesbians complaining they cant find a good woman, because all them taken by [fill_in_the_blanks]

MJ7

It's a no-brainer that this is not a Christian nation; however, the tenets of marriage as defined by the Bible is the major point of contention in this debate.

Everyone wants to be autonomous when it comes to religion; but if you're not Christian anyway; why then would you need to be defined by something that is the foundation of the Christian faith (marriage) as defined by God?

I'm not confused.