Gay Marriage Is An Oxymoron!

Oneshot

where de crix
a crime to me is if something goes against, divine law, secondly church law. in the islam religion maybe it is against the koran for woman to that without men's approval... remember that not only the american way is the right way
eating shellfish is a crime now i see

SKBai1991

a crime to me is if something goes against, divine law, secondly church law. in the islam religion maybe it is against the koran for woman to that without men's approval... remember that not only the american way is the right way
But who is to say what is divine law? None of us are gods so any human claiming that they know divine law is just being arrogant and ignorant.

And just because something goes against church law shouldn't mean that a secular government should recognise it. We have a separation of church and state for a reason, never mind that church law is inconsistent in and of itself.

Klang

Real Patriot
But who is to say what is divine law? None of us are gods so any human claiming that they know divine law is just being arrogant and ignorant.

And just because something goes against church law shouldn't mean that a secular government should recognise it. We have a separation of church and state for a reason, never mind that church law is inconsistent in and of itself.
saudia arabia is not secular, and divine law is what i base off the bible, america can claim to be secular but why does obama always say god bless america? why is the national motto in god we trust?

SKBai1991

saudia arabia is not secular, and divine law is what i base off the bible, america can claim to be secular but why does obama always say god bless america? why is the national motto in god we trust?
No saudi arabia is not secular, which is why they have religious laws enforced by the government. But America IS secular, they do not officially endorse any religion and there is a constitutionally mandated separation of church and state. Obama can say God Bless America because that's him acknowledging his OWN religion, nobody forces us to. In fact, at his inauguration in January they omitted the words "Under God" from the invocation.

And the examples you cited have been argued over and over in the past few decades, people have been actively trying to remove anything that mentions God from government pledges, buildings, etc. And they're right to do so.

its against divine law to eat shellfish? lol
If you follow the bible verbatim then yes it is. It's also against divine law to eat pork, work on saturdays, consume meat with dairy or come into physical contact with a woman on her period.

Klang

Real Patriot
No saudi arabia is not secular, which is why they have religious laws enforced by the government. But America IS secular, they do not officially endorse any religion and there is a constitutionally mandated separation of church and state. Obama can say God Bless America because that's him acknowledging his OWN religion, nobody forces us to. In fact, at his inauguration in January they omitted the words "Under God" from the invocation.

And the examples you cited have been argued over and over in the past few decades, people have been actively trying to remove anything that mentions God from government pledges, buildings, etc. And they're right to do so.

If you follow the bible verbatim then yes it is. It's also against divine law to eat pork, work on saturdays, consume meat with dairy or come into physical contact with a woman on her period.
in which bible? because thats not how it is interpreted in my religion. also if you practice a religion, how can you separate your religion from your government work? if you truly follow your religion how can you separate anything from your religion? personally i dont care either way about gays and there is no stopping them at this point, but what i fail to understand is if america is a "secular" country, how can gays ask for marriage when that is technically a sacred and religious ceremony? why can't they just get the common law benefits?

TOLOMB

Red Man
Just saw something that both groups can weigh in on as SKBai1991 has touched on.

As the nation is secular, does extending marriage rights to same sex couples should also be extended to others who have alternate relationships also? Say polygamist...shouldn't bigamy also be abolished?

Lucianite

As being gay becomes more " acceptable" will there be a rise in the gay population .?

Is it that people are now coming out of the closet .?

Will it plateau ?

What percentage of the population is gay ? Is it a natural phenom ?

If a church and pastor that accepts gays but if homosexuality is a sin, then he can't preach against it like he would any other sin ....

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
When ever the guys in the office start talking bout banging chicks the 3 gay dudes in the office always but in with their but sex stories.. N only them be into that shit always killing a vibes. Lol guys coming out n talking how they get it popping in Dr.. Wtf never thought this would be the norm my dude

Klang

Real Patriot
When ever the guys in the office start talking bout banging chicks the 3 gay dudes in the office always but in with their but sex stories.. N only them be into that shit always killing a vibes. Lol guys coming out n talking how they get it popping in Dr.. Wtf never thought this would be the norm my dude
you better watch your back my brother

SKBai1991

na son...that's where I'd draw the line, this why I can't fxcks wid dem like that. Though that shit bout DR is true...that country has become the prostitution capital of the western hemisphere smfh

Just saw something that both groups can weigh in on as SKBai1991 has touched on.

As the nation is secular, does extending marriage rights to same sex couples should also be extended to others who have alternate relationships also? Say polygamist...shouldn't bigamy also be abolished?
I personally think that as long as the parties involved willingly consented to it, then it's not that big a deal. I'm not personally in favour of it, but I'm not gonna stop people from living how they please if it aint hurting me.

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
na son...that's where I'd draw the line, this why I can't fxcks wid dem like that. Though that shit bout DR is true...that country has become the prostitution capital of the western hemisphere smfh

I personally think that as long as the parties involved willingly consented to it, then it's not that big a deal. I'm not personally in favour of it, but I'm not gonna stop people from living how they please if it aint hurting me.
Never knew Dr had a gay prostitution market as big as their women prostitution market.. It's funny cuse since they started doing that I stop give input on any talk while at work lol :kicks they be talking like shit normal son. The cat is deff outa the bag. It's scary really..

Oneshot

where de crix

I personally believe it shouldn't be against the law to get married to multiple people, once everyone is aware of it.

It does become an issue in terms of child care, and inheritance and etc, but to be fair, as it stands, enuff man bulling up and down the country and not worrying about the kids

123KINGpapi

Can you prove that with numbers and irrefutable proof?. We do not have prostitution market as developed as those in Brazil, Colombia and Cuba... So where do you get such allegations?.

I understand that many people have a strange obsession with Dominicans, maybe because they see us as something exotic (and that is the reason why many people come to the Dominican Republic looking for sexual affairs) but still, RD is not the capital of prostitution of the hemisphere.

Best countries for sex tourism

Top 10 Countries for Better Sex Tourism

Best sex tourism destinations - for men, women, gays, lesbians and more | Sex Tourism Guide

Even Dominica is on the list.

Never knew Dr had a gay prostitution market as big as their women prostitution market.. It's funny cuse since they started doing that I stop give input on any talk while at work lol :kicks they be talking like shit normal son. The cat is deff outa the bag. It's scary really..
Prostitution is not part of our culture, . There is something called supply and demand. This perception that Dominican Republic has a big market of prostitution is due to the strong obesession that many foreigners have with Dominicans. Here we have prostitution as in any other country, but I bet that there are more prostitutes per capita in your islands than there are in my country.

SKBai1991

Can you prove that with numbers and irrefutable proof?. We do not have prostitution market as developed as those in Brazil, Colombia and Cuba... So where do you get such allegations?.

I understand that many people have a strange obsession with Dominicans, maybe because they see us as something exotic (and that is the reason why many people come to the Dominican Republic looking for sexual affairs) but still, RD is not the capital of prostitution of the hemisphere.
That was more of an off the cuff remark, but as to where I get those allegations? Life. And no, maybe DR isn't the capital of prostitution per se, but it's definitely a big problem, moreso than on other caribbean islands.

Prostitution is not part of our culture, . There is something called supply and demand. This perception that Dominican Republic has a big market of prostitution is due to the strong obesession that many foreigners have with Dominicans. Here we have prostitution as in any other country, but I bet that there are more prostitutes per capita in your islands than there are in my country.
It's not a part of the traditional culture, but depending on where in the country you live, its definitely become part of the local culture, and a big part of that has to do with the rise in tourism. You could walk around Boca Chica and find yourself a cuero in 5 minutes if you wanted to. Hell, if you look foreign you could have them actually coming up to you offering their "services", something I've NEVER really seen on any other island to the same extent (and I've lived in/visited a few)

And yes, prostitution is present on every island, but it's no secret that a good number of the brothels in the small islands are filled with Dominicans. And you're right, ALOT of it has to do with Dominicans having that "exotic" look people seem to go for.

Sex Trafficking: Dominican Republic Becoming Thailand of the West?

Oneshot

where de crix

Best countries for sex tourism

Top 10 Countries for Better Sex Tourism

Best sex tourism destinations - for men, women, gays, lesbians and more | Sex Tourism Guide

Even Dominica is on the list.

Best places in Dominica for sex tourism: Boca Chica, Sosua. ???

Boca Chica, Sosua is in the DR not Dominica sir.

To be honest, Dominica has developed a bit a local pro industry, which is actually dominated my DR immigrants

SKBai1991

Best places in Dominica for sex tourism: Boca Chica, Sosua. ???

Boca Chica, Sosua is in the DR not Dominica sir.

To be honest, Dominica has developed a bit a local pro industry, which is actually dominated my DR immigrants
the same could be said for alot of the leeward islands...a good number of the working girls are from the DR

TOLOMB

Red Man
I personally believe it shouldn't be against the law to get married to multiple people, once everyone is aware of it.

It does become an issue in terms of child care, and inheritance and etc, but to be fair, as it stands, enuff man bulling up and down the country and not worrying about the kids
But bigamy is against the law of the land, and congress should not make laws that favor one group over another. So if they decide to grant marriage rights for same sex couples then they have to do if for other types of relationships regardless of the circumstances right?
I think this is a more compelling argument that them religious folks could take up rather than beating up religions about its not what god(s) wanted.
The pro gay rights people need to give a strong reason to why they should be granted special favor and not the polygamist no?

Oneshot

where de crix
But bigamy is against the law of the land, and congress should not make laws that favor one group over another. So if they decide to grant marriage rights for same sex couples then they have to do if for other types of relationships regardless of the circumstances right?
I think this is a more compelling argument that them religious folks could take up rather than beating up religions about its not what god(s) wanted.
The pro gay rights people need to give a strong reason to why they should be granted special favor and not the polygamist no?
but they dont have to, they could find themselves in arms with christian fundamentalists, getting the government to keep out of the business of "marriage"