Greatest Show on earth!!!

dedetriniking

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZeIMmKuxGEk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Cool video. But seriously greatest show on earth? There's nothing out of the ordinary going on there. Just people jumping and whining.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Love the vid!

Like I stated over and over, we set the trend for all these Carnivals !
Oh quit it already. Carnivals around the world are unique in their own ways. T&T just happens to be awesome!

not really...you guys are actually mimicking the Brazilian carnival - they set the trend for all of these Carnivals
Nope. Actually, Trinidadian Carnival and Brazilian Carnaval are structured significantly different from each other. If the former mimicked the latter, even the basics, such as time frames and bands/schools would be different. In fact, Carnaval varies within Brazil.

DerMonger of all people should know that.

Nice try though.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Like flies winenin behind ah vagrant ass carnival day, some people cyah help it.

Dedetriniking yuh know what yuh was doing when you made this thread didn't you? LOL the dung beetles wasn't far behind.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
no electric wires and poverty

i am happy with what i see :scratch
What difference does it make? You could barely afford a bus ticket to Labor Day parade in BK let alone make it back home to Trinidad or poverty stricken Haiti for theirs. So let's not throw stones when you live in a glass house. :kicks :kicks Your worthless ass won't be making it to anybody's carnival.

LIONESS onda RISE

Love the vid!

Oh quit it already. Carnivals around the world are unique in their own ways. T&T just happens to be awesome!

Nope. Actually, Trinidadian Carnival and Brazilian Carnaval are structured significantly different from each other. If the former mimicked the latter, even the basics, such as time frames and bands/schools would be different. In fact, Carnaval varies within Brazil.

DerMonger of all people should know that.

Nice try though.
did I say they were the same? if anyone is setting any worldwide trends, its not Trinidad with respect to carnival. if not for brazil, where would all of those pretty, pretty costumes had come from?:scratch

anywhoo..:vampire:

Corrupt file

did I say they were the same? if anyone is setting any worldwide trends, its not Trinidad with respect to carnival. if not for brazil, where would all of those pretty, pretty costumes had come from?:scratch

anywhoo..:vampire:
how many brazil styled carnivals are around the world?
how many trini styled carnivals are around the world?

shut your trap for once nah?

Michael Fortune

Have to agree with LIONESS onda RISE. Our carnival has lost most if not all of its' past creativity. We saw real creativity with designs from Peter Minshall, Wayne Berkley, Alvin Kalliecharan and such great mas men. Mas in Trinidad is now just a bikini and feathers. This is exactly what Brazil Carnival parade has been about for decades. LIONESS, you are correct. While Brazil may not have the pre-shows, calypso monarch competitions, etc., they are the ones who made mas into a string bikini, head dress and feathers. Now this is where we are. Thousands of dollars for a non-costume, with our women folk gyrating half naked down the streets. The creativity is gone.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Have to agree with LIONESS onda RISE. Our carnival has lost most if not all of its' past creativity. We saw real creativity with designs from Peter Minshall, Wayne Berkley, Alvin Kalliecharan and such great mas men. Mas in Trinidad is now just a bikini and feathers. This is exactly what Brazil Carnival parade has been about for decades. LIONESS, you are correct. While Brazil may not have the pre-shows, calypso monarch competitions, etc., they are the ones who made mas into a string bikini, head dress and feathers. Now this is where we are. Thousands of dollars for a non-costume, with our women folk gyrating half naked down the streets. The creativity is gone.
My older cousin used to play with him. Remember one year he did "Titanic" I was sooo blown away, remember seeing the sections Iceberg and Chandeliers. It was a thing of creative beauty.