Happy Juneteenth Everyone

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
hmm i think a lot of peopel celebrate emancipation day in August in the caribbean.. in TnT it's August 1st... today in TnT is Labour Day so people take it as a holiday..

DSP

Heri
Here is a link for anyone who is wondering what it is about: Juneteenth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think most of here on Imix being from the Caribbean would prefer to celebrate the Slavery Abolition Act (of 1833) in the Caribbean that officially came into force in August 1834.
hmm i think a lot of peopel celebrate emancipation day in August in the caribbean.. in TnT it's August 1st... today in TnT is Labour Day so people take it as a holiday..

With all the born/bread Americans that post on here all day everyday I would think enough of them would have an idea.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Happy Juneteenth! While it may not be linked to specific experience of those in our ancestral lines, it led to the opportunity for us to be here.

With all the born/bread Americans that post on here all day everyday I would think enough of them would have an idea.
born/B-R-E-D...:tease:

I learned about it as an adult. It's probably celebrated more in certain areas, less recognized in others.