Harry Belafonte:Beyonce And Jay Z Have Turned Their Back on Social Responsibility

bhalistix

It is I
Naw that is definitely not the case, Dame Dash was the one who decided to do those film deals,clothing line partnerships, and liquor endorsements. In those films if you notice ,Jay-z didn't co star in them too much, that was because he was nonchalant about them, if any one was lacking drive ,it was Jay-z

So let me find out,sounds like you have ditched some friends who have couldn't keep up with ya, I agree with your last sentence .

dude the shiiiit you say is so stupid because Jay wasn't in the movie it mean he wasn't interested in what was goin on at his companyjj. Could it be he didn't see himself as a actor and didn't want to act in a movie.

Like i asked you the last time, if DAME was the brains behind roc a fella and have such a great business acumen how come after the split he went broke while JAY (the no business sense having member) continues to stack millions in business dealings, and annually ranks in the to 3 rapper in earnings.

N

NaturalBornRidah

dude the shiiiit you say is so stupid because Jay wasn't in the movie it mean he wasn't interested in what was goin on at his companyjj. Could it be he didn't see himself as a actor and didn't want to act in a movie.

Like i asked you the last time, if DAME was the brains behind roc a fella and have such a great business acumen how come after the split he went broke while JAY (the no business sense having member) continues to stack millions in business dealings, and annually ranks in the to 3 rapper in earnings.
SO what proof do you have that Jay-z was serious about venturing off into other endeavors, what other fields is he really getting off into today, as a matter of fact why hasn't Rocafella films and even the clothing company stayed afloat if Jay-z was the brains behind it, are you that much of a d!ck sucker?

Never said Dame was a great businessman , but he was the one who had the initiative between Jay-,Biggs,and himself to try new business opportunities.

P

Pebbles362436

I didn't mean all that,although I understand what you said, I meant that sometimes friends you are doing business with are not working in unison like you would want them to, can lead down to friction or you falling out.Its a bit tricky. But I peep ya.:eek:k:
Oh hor okay.lol Yes, honestly sometimes some of my business friends/partners we can be on opposite sides of the spectrum on various projects/issues. That's fine we go head to head all the time with picong. But with certain friends I know when I ask them for feedback on certain things its very constructive. They are pretty much use to me knowing that I can be a hard ass with getting things done a certain way.

So then I'm willing to bend and make changes. Some other business friends I never call. I'm like oh well they will just have to hear about it from the grape vine.LOL That's when I put on my poker face/hat on. So they don't know which trump cards I'm holding in my hands.lol

So I'm fine with my friends like that because we have a history of collaborating together on several things/projects together. That will sometimes just take off from under us. We call eachother up and they be like Pebbz what tricks you have up yuh sleeves now?lol Then we decide if we are going to come up with a plan of action together.lol

Steupz

Guys like Belafonte are on a totally different level to almost everyone today. To even disagree with him is folly because he is judging them by his standards.

GND1

SO what proof do you have that Jay-z was serious about venturing off into other endeavors, what other fields is he really getting off into today, as a matter of fact why hasn't Rocafella films and even the clothing company stayed afloat if Jay-z was the brains behind it, are you that much of a d!ck sucker?

Rocawear was sold years ago. Jay z is only a consultant on the brand. Rocafella films has been old news and was more of a Dame thing. Just because he wasn't acting in the films doesn't mean he "lacks drive". Not sure how that correlation came about.

-40/40 Club-Multiple locations
-The Spotted Pig-Part owner
-Carols Daughter-Part owner
-Translation Advertising-Part owner with Steve Stoute
-Live Nation Deal-More of a brand
-Roc Nation-artist management/label
-Nets,Minority owner

What is listed is just the facts. No youtube vids, no opinions, just the facts.

I have seen you sit on here and call everbody a d*ck sucker, stan, groupie and emotional just for taking the side of Jay. In the same breath you are just as emotional. You have written 3-4 paragraphs in all of your post. But if somebody does the same thing they are emotional and "groupies" ??

Like I said in my first post it seems like its only cool to admire and respect successful white businessmen.

The term "crabs in a bucket" comes to mine when I read this...

Nobody is saying he is God or lives with out sin but the backlash I have heard is borderline ridiculous.

I mean what have you done that makes you the ultimate humanitarian??

bhalistix

It is I

Never said Dame was a great businessman , but he was the one who had the initiative between Jay-,Biggs,and himself to try new business opportunities.
the proof is in the now look at all that he has accomplished. NOW!!! are you blind. Doesn't that fact that he has gone on to be so successful at business while DAME FLOPS give you reason to rethink your original opinion. If you missed he post ROC success look above someone listed it for you.

P

Pebbles362436

Guys like Belafonte are on a totally different level to almost everyone today. To even disagree with him is folly because he is judging them by his standards.
Yep I'm old school. That's why I can relate and respect these chicks and enjoy TLC music girl groups that just call a spade a spade. Who vex lost and tuff.LOL I am not feeling sorry for no scrubs that have no ambition or any goals in life? YUCK!!!:O I respect and admire people like Jay Z, 50 cent, Nicki and oh yea Machel etc are just amazing people.lol:skull::lol
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pYtdEOQU0aM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

N

NaturalBornRidah

Oh hor okay.lol Yes, honestly sometimes some of my business friends/partners we can be on opposite sides of the spectrum on various projects/issues. That's fine we go head to head all the time with picong. But with certain friends I know when I ask them for feedback on certain things its very constructive. They are pretty much use to me knowing that I can be a hard ass with getting things done a certain way.

So then I'm willing to bend and make changes. Some other business friends I never call. I'm like oh well they will just have to hear about it from the grape vine.LOL That's when I put on my poker face/hat on. So they don't know which trump cards I'm holding in my hands.lol

So I'm fine with my friends like that because we have a history of collaborating together on several things/projects together. That will sometimes just take off from under us. We call eachother up and they be like Pebbz what tricks you have up yuh sleeves now?lol Then we decide if we are going to come up with a plan of action together.lol
Oh yea I keep an eye out as well, Im not one to impede on my homies hustle if I cannot be of use,but they know they shouldn't hold back on me since I helped them on some occasions, and like all fidiciary relationships they sustain a certain expectation.Im checkin to see what kind of new bread can be made,so let me find out they hold in back, ltz either friends or friendly competition when I'm grindin.

N

NaturalBornRidah

So what proof do you have that Jay-z was serious about venturing off into other endeavors, what other fields is he really getting off into today, as a matter of fact why hasn't Rocafella films and even the clothing company stayed afloat if Jay-z was the brains behind it, are you that much of a d!ck sucker?

Rocawear was sold years ago. Jay z is only a consultant on the brand. Rocafella films has been old news and was more of a Dame thing. Just because he wasn't acting in the films doesn't mean he "lacks drive". Not sure how that correlation came about.

-40/40 Club-Multiple locations
-The Spotted Pig-Part owner
-Carols Daughter-Part owner
-Translation Advertising-Part owner with Steve Stoute
-Live Nation Deal-More of a brand
-Roc Nation-artist management/label
-Nets,Minority owner

What is listed is just the facts. No youtube vids, no opinions, just the facts.

I have seen you sit on here and call everbody a d*ck sucker, stan, groupie and emotional just for taking the side of Jay. In the same breath you are just as emotional. You have written 3-4 paragraphs in all of your post. But if somebody does the same thing they are emotional and "groupies" ??

Like I said in my first post it seems like its only cool to admire and respect successful white businessmen.

The term "crabs in a bucket" comes to mine when I read this...

Nobody is saying he is God or lives with out sin but the backlash I have heard is borderline ridiculous.

I mean what have you done that makes you the ultimate humanitarian??
Alright I have no idea to what magnitude of revenue those new business deals you quoted have acquired, but what does that have to do with Jay-z keeping Rocawear going and what does it have to deal with him upkeeping Rocafilms or what ever it is. Maintain your hustle,if he was a real boss he would of stayed major making major moves with those two avenues.

bhalistix

It is I
Alright I have no idea to what magnitude of revenue those new business deals you quoted have acquired, but what does that have to do with Jay-z keeping Rocawear going and what does it have to deal with him upkeeping Rocafilms or what ever it is. Maintain your hustle,if he was a real boss he would of stayed major making major moves with those two avenues.
DUDE you are a straight clown.

NASDAQ

Big man, did Russle keep phat farm? NO.. did Kimora keep baby phat? NO a hustler knows when to move on for a hustle…..no true hustler sticks to an old hustle after it gets played out. how many hustles have Dame started and failed at since the demise of the Roc…

Pro keds?
Dash films?
Cavi?
Ceo?
The art gallery?
The bar/lounge/club?
Dame Dash music group?

others have showed u and u still refuse to admit u were wrong..

we might have to stop saying NAS LOST N start saying NATURAL LOST

GND1

Nah this guy is an idiot. You obviously have no idea how business works. You know how many businesses google has closed because their was a decline?? It happens everday in business.innovation, reinvention, and re
buiding. Are part of business.

P

Pebbles362436

Oh yea I keep an eye out as well, Im not one to impede on my homies hustle if I cannot be of use,but they know they shouldn't hold back on me since I helped them on some occasions, and like all fidiciary relationships they sustain a certain expectation.Im checkin to see what kind of new bread can be made,so let me find out they hold in back, ltz either friends or friendly competition when I'm grindin.
If they are really one of my very close business friends/partners. I personally sometimes can't put a $ value on some of my peeps friendships mean a lot more to me. If I don't value the friendship then I just buy them out and cut them lose. Plus I also believe in Karma if they hold back on me.

Some of my friends we do friendly competition and we motivate and feed off eachother energy. When they are succussful I'm very happy for them and they are also happy for me. We give eachother pep talks and its a joke for us to say. See you at the finish line after I kick yuh butt.LOL I know some of them are going to bring it and it's mad jokes picong after we are finish.lol They are often the first ones calling to say congrats on the dl. We're madd cool behind closed doors. But in public we go head to head and the boxing gloves are on.lol

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
What im saying is the possibility of him doing more then what is shown is there. If i would have came on said you guys are right-Jay Z doesnt do much. He is this and he is that nobody would have went against my post. Im just giving a different side to what the previous post have stated. I am fully aware of how charities, and fundraisers work ( lol, can't believe you said that crap)

You listed 1.3 mil like it truly is scraps. The concert at Carnegie all his something that purposely done so people can see. But im sure its not all that is done. If a fool looked at your post count on here they would they would think all NaturalBornRidah does is comment on IMIX but im sure that's not the truth. Entertainers do benefit concerts all the time. The point is the effort regardless if its out of his pockets or the pockets of others. Obama doesn't foot the bill on his campaign trail. It is funded by donations, galas, and dinners. So is Obama less of a candidate because he does not fully cover his campaign expenses?? No, not by any means. But again its the effort in getting people to donate to the cause.

Nobody is saying he is a hero but he is a successful black male that is not in jail, doesn't beat his wife, and he makes good music...That's why people like the dude. The same way blacks like Cosby, Magic Johnson, etc.....But I forgot its only cool to like successful white guys....

For the record we all are about self no matter how you try and rationalize it. So do me a favor and kill that noise.
He's an ex crack dealer, that's why he still has street cred. That and being from new york.

I'm sorry he is the american dream come to life but not what i want my daughter to get up and go marry i don't give a rass how rich him get.

bhalistix

It is I
He's an ex crack dealer, that's why he still has street cred. That and being from new york.

I'm sorry he is the american dream come to life but not what i want my daughter to get up and go marry i don't give a rass how rich him get.

SMH!!!!!! and moving along......
coming from a humble beginnings and excelling into greatness is not an admirable quality these days. We appreciate those with a golden spoon more.

N

NaturalBornRidah

DUDE you are a straight clown.

Is that your best comeback.

Big man, did Russle keep phat farm? NO.. did Kimora keep baby phat? NO a hustler knows when to move on for a hustle…..no true hustler sticks to an old hustle after it gets played out. how many hustles have Dame started and failed at since the demise of the Roc…

Pro keds?
Dash films?
Cavi?
Ceo?
The art gallery?
The bar/lounge/club?
Dame Dash music group?

others have showed u and u still refuse to admit u were wrong..

we might have to stop saying NAS LOST N start saying NATURAL LOST
Bullshit, thats the problem with a lot of you rookies, you don't know the difference between a hustle and a goldmine,Roca A Wear should not be treated as a hustle,it was a real money maker and was making millions, he could of made it a legit brand instead of letting that ship sink.

Does Gucci,Kenneth Cole, Versace, or any other brand go out of style,no those brands are very relevant and are brands to wear when you have arrived, do even hear Jordans going out of style,naw they stay en vogue.

Even in the hood , a corner or spot is making money you try to get on it, you don't bail.

Stop going astray and stay on topic.

Nah this guy is an idiot. You obviously have no idea how business works. You know how many businesses google has closed because their was a decline?? It happens everday in business.innovation, reinvention, and re
buiding. Are part of business.
Haha, really is that your excuse?Your quoting how many businesses is decline according to google, no fool, there are certain businesses to upkeep and not to ditch.How much money is really making from those new ventures, I bet you Jay-z was making more money with Dash.
You're and the 2 others are the onse making excuses, its not like Jay had some Mom & Pop fashion brand in his hands,he dropped the ball.

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
SMH!!!!!! and moving along......
coming from a humble beginnings and excelling into greatness is not an admirable quality these days. We appreciate those with a golden spoon more.
I know people who came here with nothing, not even legal papers, and pull themselves up, pay bills, everything, with cash jobs and whatever, NO DRUG DEALING, NO DESTROYING YOUR OWN KIND.

gweh wid yuh foolishness! What he did was not a victimless crime!

But black people excuse any wutlissness as long as the person making MONEY...his ass could have gone to a mickey d's job or a gas station and worked and still done his rapping on the side.

I never hear him quoted as encouraging kids DO NOT DO THIS IT WAS WRONG either. If only adults listened to rap it wouldn't matter so much cause they suppose to have sense, but teens coming up admiring his whole trail from crack to Beyonce.

I'm obviously glad he no longer does it but people want to act like he's this GOD now because he's RICH.

What about all the ex-crack dealers who made the choice to stop and are now landscapers, truck drivers, why women and men not getting starry eyed over them?

You don't give a damn about him coming from no humble nutten the only thing people admire is that him rich. And have Beyonce, a pretty RICH girl. Otherwise we would big up the landscapers and whoever else that turned from bad life with just as much energy.

Have we followed the current life status of anyone he sold crack to and their immediate families to see how they turned out? How many of them in the system? Whaapen to their children? Any crack babies born from crack he sold?

Music is music and he can retell his story in a way that sells, that's fine, it's still real, but don't confuse that with admiring his every move. He's a smart man though I definitely give him credit for that, but his lack of social activism doesn't surprise me cause anyone that would sell crack in his own area is guaranteed to not have no heart for their community to even be able to do something like that. Robbing a bank is temporary continuing or creating a crack habit has forever consequences!

GND1

Bullshit, thats the problem with a lot of you rookies, you don't know the difference between a hustle and a goldmine,Roca A Wear should not be treated as a hustle,it was a real money maker and was making millions, he could of made it a legit brand instead of letting that ship sink.

Does Gucci,Kenneth Cole, Versace, or any other brand go out of style,no those brands are very relevant and are brands to wear when you have arrived, do even hear Jordans going out of style,naw they stay en vogue.

Even in the hood , a corner or spot is making money you try to get on it, you don't bail.

Haha, really is that your excuse?Your quoting how many businesses is decline according to google, no fool, there are certain businesses to upkeep and not to ditch.How much money is really making from those new ventures, I bet you Jay-z was making more money with Dash.
You're and the 2 others are the onse making excuses, its not like Jay had some Mom & Pop fashion brand in his hands,he dropped the ball.
Lol phuckkkkkkkkkkkk this is comical man. Like you are reaching beyond reaching on everything. Like I have asked you before what dafuq have you done in your lifetime to be the end all be all of business. Either you are young, misinformed, or just an idiot.

bhalistix

It is I

Like i said early you are a straight clown. where on earth would you (other than you intelligent deprived mind) would selling a company for $200 million be considered dropping the ball. Not only did he maintain control over the brand after selling it he also acquire $35 million in stock from the company that acquired rocawear.

Jaya was making more money when he was in DASH?? dude are you crazy. stupid and dumb.

bhalistix

It is I
I know people who came here with nothing, not even legal papers, and pull themselves up, pay bills, everything, with cash jobs and whatever, NO DRUG DEALING, NO DESTROYING YOUR OWN KIND.

gweh wid yuh foolishness! What he did was not a victimless crime!

But black people excuse any wutlissness as long as the person making MONEY...his ass could have gone to a mickey d's job or a gas station and worked and still done his rapping on the side.

I never hear him quoted as encouraging kids DO NOT DO THIS IT WAS WRONG either. If only adults listened to rap it wouldn't matter so much cause they suppose to have sense, but teens coming up admiring his whole trail from crack to Beyonce.

I'm obviously glad he no longer does it but people want to act like he's this GOD now because he's RICH.

What about all the ex-crack dealers who made the choice to stop and are now landscapers, truck drivers, why women and men not getting starry eyed over them?

You don't give a damn about him coming from no humble nutten the only thing people admire is that him rich. And have Beyonce, a pretty RICH girl. Otherwise we would big up the landscapers and whoever else that turned from bad life with just as much energy.

Have we followed the current life status of anyone he sold crack to and their immediate families to see how they turned out? How many of them in the system? Whaapen to their children? Any crack babies born from crack he sold?

Music is music and he can retell his story in a way that sells, that's fine, it's still real, but don't confuse that with admiring his every move. He's a smart man though I definitely give him credit for that, but his lack of social activism doesn't surprise me cause anyone that would sell crack in his own area is guaranteed to not have no heart for their community to even be able to do something like that. Robbing a bank is temporary continuing or creating a crack habit has forever consequences!
clearly you are confused and would like to illustrated a point but your need to respond in essay form keep you jumping all over the place.

anyways move along....