Have you experienced any kind of racism in the US?

N

NaturalBornRidah

again.. what does what you're talking about have anything to do with the topic at hand??? do you know if i have an irish background? do you know anything about me? why do you concern yourself with what OTHER people are doing?? You seem upset that people talked about celebrating st patricks day..is either you celebrate it or you dont! punto finale.. if people was celebrating whatever the hell they celebrate in guyana and trinis want to celebrate with their guyanese brethren would i jump up and tell them not to do it or ask them if guyana celebrate trini holidays??? no, i know i dont care enough to celebrate so i wont.. fullstop. i'm catholic and so are the irish.. so hey one thing in common there..smh... you dont get what i'm talking about jus say so.. trying to jump down my throat to make your inane and nonsensical point doesn't come across as anything but silliness on your part.. smh.
What the fukk are you talkin about?
What does being Catholic have to do with celebrating St Patricks, you're typing all that nonsense for nothing.

I asked you who is really praising massa when you are celebrating on on St Patricks day and wearing green.You can't compare that clownery behavior to keeping a proper etiquette on duty and choosing not to speak of certain race issues. Just as you should not speak of certain family matters and sexual relations on the clock,its a time and place for everything,

I respect a black person who chooses to keep his composure and refrain from racial topics on duty rather than a confused coon who jumps and celebrates St Pats day because they're wanna be Irish.

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
Nothing really affected me to that degree but when I went away to school, I was treated horribly by the AA's of CT because I was from NY and because of my heritage. I got called coconut so many times I just couldn't deal anymore. And who didn't think I was a coconut thought I was some type of gun brandishing ghetto hoodrat because I'm from Brooklyn.

I experienced my first spring weekend in CT (a party weekend for college students) and all the other White kids around me were drinking but I didn't want to finish my drink so I threw my water bottle down, as did every other White person around me before we entered the park (where all the students were hanging out). Well out of that crowd, the White police officer singled me out and ordered me to not only pick up my bottle but some other bottle that wasn't even mine.

The time I met some White dudes (there's a thread here about it) and they decided that it was appropriate to greet me, a woman, with a pound and spoke some type of f*cked up slang to me.

Of course here in NY, depending on the store, I would get looks and followed.

Outside of that, nothing that ever really stood out in my head. I don't let that ignorance affect me, I could give a f*ck if they accept me or not, and I CAN'T STAND the Black ppl that make it their life's mission to appease them or think that because they patronize White businesses or do things that Black ppl generally dont do, that they are somehow better. Yes it is good to be cultured, but you don't have to ignore your own in the process.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
What the fukk are you talkin about?
What does being Catholic have to do with celebrating St Patricks, you're typing all that nonsense for nothing.

I asked you who is really praising massa when you are celebrating on on St Patricks day and wearing green.You can't compare that clownery behavior to keeping a proper etiquette on duty and choosing not to speak of certain race issues. Just as you should not speak of certain family matters and sexual relations on the clock,its a time and place for everything,

I respect a black person who chooses to keep his composure and refrain from racial topics on duty rather than a confused coon who jumps and celebrates St Pats day because they're wanna be Irish.
you are plain and simple .. an illiterate guyanese cvnt.. sorry.... nothing you say makes sense... did i say anything about acting a particular way at WORK??? no dummy... i talked about people who prostrate themselves and basically "chuck and jive" when in front of whites but act normal when around blacks.. that is stupid and you sound like one of the dumb fcks who would do such a thing, just by your reasoning. You are an idiot of the highest degree if you think participating in a holiday by taking a drink or eating some food makes you "wanna be Irish"... no DUMMY, it simply means you're enjoying your life and you like the fact that on St. Patricks day, drinks are on SPECIAL and the air is generally festive.. same as .. oh wait Cinco De Mayo.. so now dummy , i guess people wanna be Mexican too??? Thank God guyana has no holidays WORTH recognizing the world over so nobody could ever even conceptualize or be accused of wanting to be Guyanese!!! If I celebrate an Indian holiday then i'm wanting to be Indian i guess??? no wait, that's part of my heritage, so do I get a pass??? so all my other ethnicities, I can celebrate their holidays??? you are so stupid....you are a total waste of a life... your daddy should have backed his fist and just done. smh....

N

NaturalBornRidah

you are plain and simple .. an illiterate guyanese cvnt.. sorry.... nothing you say makes sense... did i say anything about acting a particular way at WORK??? no dummy... i talked about people who prostrate themselves and basically "chuck and jive" when in front of whites but act normal when around blacks.. that is stupid and you sound like one of the dumb fcks who would do such a thing, just by your reasoning. You are an idiot of the highest degree if you think participating in a holiday by taking a drink or eating some food makes you "wanna be Irish"... no DUMMY, it simply means you're enjoying your life and you like the fact that on St. Patricks day, drinks are on SPECIAL and the air is generally festive.. same as .. oh wait Cinco De Mayo.. so now dummy , i guess people wanna be Mexican too??? Thank God guyana has no holidays WORTH recognizing the world over so nobody could ever even conceptualize or be accused of wanting to be Guyanese!!! If I celebrate an Indian holiday then i'm wanting to be Indian i guess??? no wait, that's part of my heritage, so do I get a pass??? so all my other ethnicities, I can celebrate their holidays??? you are so stupid....you are a total waste of a life... your daddy should have backed his fist and just done. smh....
Everything you typed is garbo, especially the part where you say acting normal , what is that? NO,on your job you act professional, but of course your bum ass would know nothing of that since have a lower end job. I already explained why you carry yourself a certain way at work in another thread and so did other posters, you have no right to accuse anybody of praising massa since you celebrate St Patricks Day ,end of story.

Last edited:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Everything you typed is garbo, especially the part where you say acting normal , what is that? NO,on your job you act professional, but of course your bum ass would know nothing of that since have a lower end job. I already explained why you carry yourself a certain way at work in another thread and so did other posters, you have no right to accuse anybody of praising massa since you celebrate St Patricks Day ,end of story.
lol... you are hilarious.. you know nothing about me .. accept and know that... so please... you are silly silly silly silly silly and ignorant, devoid of logic, reasoning and the ability to formulate a good hypothesis.. so please, step to the side and let the thinking folk have a conversation.. sit this one out dummy.. take a sideline course... do you get a thrill every time you think you insult me.. i notice that's the bulk of your argument... acting normal means just that.. acting normal... smh.. why i am bothering to explain things to someone who clearly doesnt have the mental capacity to understand what i'm saying.. note, only you have a problem with it.. only. you.

N

NaturalBornRidah

lol... you are hilarious.. you know nothing about me .. accept and know that... so please... you are silly silly silly silly silly and ignorant, devoid of logic, reasoning and the ability to formulate a good hypothesis.. so please, step to the side and let the thinking folk have a conversation.. sit this one out dummy.. take a sideline course... do you get a thrill every time you think you insult me.. i notice that's the bulk of your argument... acting normal means just that.. acting normal... smh.. why i am bothering to explain things to someone who clearly doesnt have the mental capacity to understand what i'm saying.. note, only you have a problem with it.. only. you.
Being quiet in a library is normal behavior, gettin on bad at a fete is normal behavior ,and being reserve in a work setting is normal behavior, so every time and place warrants its own kind of normal behavior.

Every time you type I realize how much morons are out there in the world.What is the whole point of bringing up I hate people that act like uncle toms on their jobs when we are talking about being confronted with racism face to face?Save the irrelevant comments for something else.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i've reviewed a few of your posts and have now definitively concluded that you are a pedantic child with a penchant for hurling insults when you fail to put forth a logical argument, which by the way is MOST of your posts...... You clearly lack the ability to read and comprehend as evidenced by your inability.. a pervasive and persistent inability mind you, to understand the context in which my Uncle Tom statement was made... this was quite clear by the fact that you still do not understand what was said, why it was said and why everybody else, but you, understood the context and the statement. Instead of trolling and trailing me, your time on this forum should be better managed.. You are one of the worst types- the intellectually inferior specimen who feels that he knows it all.. please.. stay in your lane or at the children's table.. I don't think there is anything that you can say that i want to read... and yes, now the floor is yours to run with some lame version of your oft used spiel - corny/goofy/insert intellectually deficient catchword here.... so do as you must honey.. and then run along and catch up with your playmates...