Three choices:

1. Motorola Droid Ultra Maxx

2. Motorola X Phone

3. Samsung Galaxy S4

Specs and info in next post....

bhalistix

It is I
come dude easy decision Galaxy S4.

iphone has nothing new to add to the market, it has ran its course.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Well Moto X = Droid Ultra except Ultra has larger screen (5.0 vs 4.7). The Maxx will have largery batter, 5.0 inch screen and all the features of Moto X. So unless you want color customization, it comes down to the Galaxy S4 and the Droid Maxx.

Personally I am taking the Maxx for the following reasons:

Better battery life
Better radio
Smoother interface
Closest to stock Android (as a result faster updates).

The only con is no sd card slot, but I have decided to splurge the extra 5 bucks a month for 100GB of Google Storage.

OverLord Strum

Well Moto X = Droid Ultra except Ultra has larger screen (5.0 vs 4.7). The Maxx will have largery batter, 5.0 inch screen and all the features of Moto X. So unless you want color customization, it comes down to the Galaxy S4 and the Droid Maxx.

Personally I am taking the Maxx for the following reasons:

Better battery life
Better radio
Smoother interface
Closest to stock Android (as a result faster updates).

The only con is no sd card slot, but I have decided to splurge the extra 5 bucks a month for 100GB of Google Storage.
See here is what I am thinking with the Galaxy S4...

1. My workplace is somewhere where wifi is not available. Even though I never historically used phone storage, the option of expandable storage would be nice.

2. The battery life can be solved by replacing the battery with an aftermarket larger battery. (my other options have non-removable batteries)

3. The smooth interface issues are solved by not using Touchwiz. (I use Apex anyway)

4. Radios issue...well um...:kicks. Zero solution to that...and is the only reason why this is isnt in first running.

Which leads me to my next question...How bad are the radios in actuality on the S4?

OverLord Strum

And you're right about the Droid vs Moto X....the only advantage the Moto X has are those gimmicky new features the won't be used much.

DSP

Heri
Don't know your preference but....

I still like phones with physical keys that you can press so I can 'type' without looking. I can't memorize the keys with a touch screen.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
See here is what I am thinking with the Galaxy S4...

1. My workplace is somewhere where wifi is not available. Even though I never historically used phone storage, the option of expandable storage would be nice.

2. The battery life can be solved by replacing the battery with an aftermarket larger battery. (my other options have non-removable batteries)

3. The smooth interface issues are solved by not using Touchwiz. (I use Apex anyway)

4. Radios issue...well um...:kicks. Zero solution to that...and is the only reason why this is isnt in first running.

Which leads me to my next question...How bad are the radios in actuality on the S4?
Yes that I can understand. I haven't used an S4 personally but from xda, people have been complaining on Verizon. I like the fact that the Droid series/Moto X will have the dual MIMO antennas. So it will definitely be better. Would you consider waiting for the NOTE 3? That would be better if you are a spec whore.

OverLord Strum

Yes that I can understand. I haven't used an S4 personally but from xda, people have been complaining on Verizon. I like the fact that the Droid series/Moto X will have the dual MIMO antennas. So it will definitely be better. Would you consider waiting for the NOTE 3? That would be better if you are a spec whore.
Nah the NOTE series remind me of a mini tablet. 5 inches is my max for phones.

And yes the dual antennas will do wonders for reception/speed...its gonna be INSANE.

But before I lookup xda complaints...what are they saying about the radios for the S4?

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
when yall talking about radio yall talking about typical radio or someother techy smthg?

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Nah the NOTE series remind me of a mini tablet. 5 inches is my max for phones.

And yes the dual antennas will do wonders for reception/speed...its gonna be INSANE.

But before I lookup xda complaints...what are they saying about the radios for the S4?
In looking back. That was before the last update. Which was before they changed the root and bootloader exploit. So it's a bit better now than when it was first shipped.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
when yall talking about radio yall talking about typical radio or someother techy smthg?
The radio is how the phone communicates with the cell provider. So the radio does that a a particular frequency (700Mhz, 1900Mhz, 2100Mhz, etc.) and uses a particular specification (CDMA, LTE, GSM, etc.). Of course the better the radio and antenna, the better service you would have and the better battery life you would also have. Motorola has been doing this for what seems like an eternity and they are pretty much the best at it. Samsung is getting better but in my opinion, not as good as Motorola.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
The radio is how the phone communicates with the cell provider. So the radio does that a a particular frequency (700Mhz, 1900Mhz, 2100Mhz, etc.) and uses a particular specification (CDMA, LTE, GSM, etc.). Of course the better the radio and antenna, the better service you would have and the better battery life you would also have. Motorola has been doing this for what seems like an eternity and they are pretty much the best at it. Samsung is getting better but in my opinion, not as good as Motorola.
ahhh ok

knew that stuff didn't connect it as radio

OverLord Strum

In looking back. That was before the last update. Which was before they changed the root and bootloader exploit. So it's a bit better now than when it was first shipped.
After doing some research...As of today...Folks are still having issues sending picture messages through WIFI connections...and wifi stability is an issue still.

People also are not connecting to LTE in areas their old non-samsung phones had no problems staying connected.

*smh*

Looks like the droid ultra maxx for me.