Help Me Choose My Next Mobile Phone

Which Phone Shall The Overlord Of Imix Buy Next

• Total voters

OverLord Strum

Oye noodle...reviews are coming in for the base Ultra...and they are nicknaming it the Droid Average :kicks

They are saying it has a super cheap plastic feel...no personality etc....crappier version of Moto X...which is believable....same EXACT hardware/software.

Only the Maxx version stands apart for obvious reasons {battery}...and The Maxx has the tougher non plastic Kevlar skin I believe.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Shouldn't have even made the base Ultra...terrible effort:skull::skull:

Only built for a specific price point.

What did you think of first hands on with the Maxx?
I picked one up this afternoon. I'm just setting it up. The phone is really quick and I love the fact that it's stock android plus a few helpful features. This is the way more manufacturers should do it. I disabled the bloat and now charging up my batter.

OverLord Strum

Niceeeeee :good: Zippier than the S3 or S4?

I await your review. I'm awaiting to test drive the LG.

How long before you cannot return a Verizon phone bought full price? Trying to figure out how long I have to test drive and bring it back for the Maxx if I decide.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Niceeeeee :good: Zippier than the S3 or S4?

I await your review. I'm awaiting to test drive the LG.

How long before you cannot return a Verizon phone bought full price? Trying to figure out how long I have to test drive and bring it back for the Maxx if I decide.
14 days and $35 restocking fee

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
So far so good...I didn't want to push it until it ran out. Still getting it how I want but the battery and performance is impressive. No lag or stutter. I love the active display feature as well. The camera is just "ok". Could be better.

Battery:

Sample picture (yeah my work desk is junky):

Note: My office never has the light on so that is with what little sunlight comes through the window. Also no flash was used.

OverLord Strum

I played with the maxx this weekend finally and found it very impressive.

Absolutely love the Kevlar matte! The stock UI is cool...but I like customization...I know I can load Apex...butttt I would like not to load 3rd party crap. Stock battery percentage viewing on the notifications bar is a must for me. Stock Android still lacks this unfortunately without third party app.

My LG G2 test drive starts on Thursday dance1

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
I played with the maxx this weekend finally and found it very impressive.

Absolutely love the Kevlar matte! The stock UI is cool...but I like customization...I know I can load Apex...butttt I would like not to load 3rd party crap. Stock battery percentage viewing on the notifications bar is a must for me. Stock Android still lacks this unfortunately without third party app.

My LG G2 test drive starts on Thursday dance1
GSAM battery monitor will do that (will not replace factory widget). I use Nova Launcher and of course Beautiful Widgets. I wish they showed battery stats on Active Notification screen but they only show it when battery goes low.

I used to into trying to customize status bar...but the less stuff up there the better for me. My only gripe is that the status bar is not transparent. Widgets and notification area is enough.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
I'm wondering if I should move on from team iPhone. I don't like the camera on this phone. Then again I don't want an almost tablet sized phone either...

OverLord Strum

GSAM battery monitor will do that (will not replace factory widget). I use Nova Launcher and of course Beautiful Widgets. I wish they showed battery stats on Active Notification screen but they only show it when battery goes low.

I used to into trying to customize status bar...but the less stuff up there the better for me. My only gripe is that the status bar is not transparent. Widgets and notification area is enough.
LG has gone a long way with the customizations it has loaded in the stock phone. (battery percentage can displayed amongst other useful things)

Stock android on the Motorola's are too plain for me honestly, I messed with the Moto X also this weekend and also found the UI to be a bit lacking.

I'm wondering if I should move on from team iPhone. I don't like the camera on this phone. Then again I don't want an almost tablet sized phone either...
I say go into the store, use the actual phones and see whats up.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
LG has gone a long way with the customizations it has loaded in the stock phone. (battery percentage can displayed amongst other useful things)

Stock android on the Motorola's are too plain for me honestly, I messed with the Moto X also this weekend and also found the UI to be a bit lacking.
I love plain. All that other crap Samsung and LG puts on their phones just to get something simple working makes Android slow. You have to admit though, the new Droids/Moto X doesn't skip a beat. It is very fluid and no lag. Also there are apps to change your status bar/notification bar that do not require root.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Well the good thing is that there are plenty of options. But as Strum said...just go and try out different phones. I usually spend about an hour or two in a phone store before buying. I mean if you are renewing a contract, it is a two year marriage..

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
I say go into the store, use the actual phones and see whats up.
Well the good thing is that there are plenty of options. But as Strum said...just go and try out different phones. I usually spend about an hour or two in a phone store before buying. I mean if you are renewing a contract, it is a two year marriage..
Makes sense. I will do that. Thx guys

iPhone 5S
I will play around with that too