Hitchhiking

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Do you do it?
Would you ever?
Is it legal where you live?

I remember my family picking up people in Jamaica as a kid but I would NEVER do it anywhere now. Either as a passenger or a driver. Even if the person doesn't kill me, it would be so awkward to make conversation with a stranger.

Poca

No, I would never do that.

Even if we know never to say never. I guess it's all a matter of level of comfort. If someone is lost in an isolated area, he can still be targeted as easy prey by Ill minded individuals. So depending on the situation one might not have a choice.

In any case it's best to trust our instinct.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
No, I would never do that.

Even if we know never to say never. I guess it's all a matter of level of comfort. If someone is lost in an isolated area, he can still be targeted as easy prey by Ill minded individuals. So depending on the situation one might not have a choice.

In any case it's best to trust our instinct.
Now that you say this, I realized that I have kinda already hitchhiked! I was in Europe alone and misread the train schedule so I had to walk back to my hotel from the restaurant in the dark. Someone offered me a ride and I said no but when I asked him to clarify my directions I realized how far I was and hopped in! He drove me to the train station and was normal and nice and didn't kill me. I can't believe I forgot about that....