How Are Dancehall And Soca Less Ghetto Than Rap Music?

Inquistive

All three are vulgar. All three sexually objectify women. All three cater to people in the low-end of society, so how is rap less ghetto?

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Who said they weren't? Dancehall and rap were both born in the ghetto communities. Soca is a different being. It stands for something else and historically differs in lyrical content.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
You are using misleading and stereotypical WORDS in regards to Soca which in reality is one of the most versatile and conscious musical genres on the planet.

It’s just that folks like you don't appreciate the range of topics that soca music covers as you tend to listen mainly to the carnival jump releases rather than the full range of soca music on offer.

Listen to this Soca by Baron for example and turn round and try to tell me that it is a vulgar song!

Baron - Words
<iframe width="550" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-9Injq9eDpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I could understand why folks like you end up trying to stereotype soca music to a certain narrow area but it’s up to folks like me who know better to open your eyes. :drinks:

Inquistive

You are using misleading and stereotypical words in regards to Soca which in reality is one of the most versatile and conscious musical genres on the planet.

It’s just that folks like you who don't appreciate the range of topics that soca music covers as you tend to listen mainly to the carnival jump releases rather than the full range of soca music.

Baron - Words
<iframe width="550" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-9Injq9eDpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I could understand why folks like you end up trying to stereotype soca music to a certain narrow area but it’s up to folks like me who knows better to open your eyes. :drinks:
Hiphop and Dancehall have socially conscious elements as well.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Hiphop and Dancehall have socially conscious elements as well.
So why try to sterotype the music when you know better!

Unless you are just being Optimizm and trying to sell off your thread which is fair enough!

Carry on! :drinks: