How come black folks aint up in arms bout dis shytt?

Vincent Vega

Ur missing the point...let one of these mutherf'ckrs shoot demselves, and beat dey kids into oblivion, den post it on WSHH no community leaders bats and eye...as if too same "dais normal normal"....... Ohhh but now let let honkey/ cracka billy get a hold of Devonte, and watch what ensues. Enuff al sharpton n jesse jackson nterviews to induce a seizure.

Lucianite

Ur missing the point...let one of these mutherf'ckrs shoot demselves, and beat dey kids into oblivion, den post it on WSHH no community leaders bats and eye...as if too same "dais normal normal"....... Ohhh but now let let honkey/ cracka billy get a hold of Devonte, and watch what ensues. Enuff al sharpton n jesse jackson nterviews to induce a seizure.
you are MISINFORMED - you are only getting you info from these trashy websites and general media - you are not entrenched in the community or the everyday efforts of community organizers

on aL sharpton's national action network - the mission includes
http://nationalactionnetwork.net/about/

Anti-Violence

NAN promotes an agenda of anti-violence and the organization has been in the forefront of the movement to end gun violence. On a national level NAN has worked for stricter gun control laws and has played a key role in organizing gun buy back programs across the country. In communities across the United States, NAN has led “Occupy the Corners against gun violence movement which includes NAN members and chapter leaders taking over the most violent corners to take back the streets with peaceful rallies and vigils. NAN leadership sits on the White House Anti-Violence task force and task forces in regions where NAN chapters are located. Reverend Sharpton and NAN have brought together leaders in government, the community and youth groups to work persistently to stop the violence and foster positive change in the community to end violence.

Lucianite

nd if you have concern - you migh want to join the efforts --

About
NATIONAL ACTION NETWORK

National Action Network is one of the leading civil rights organizations in the Nation with chapters throughout the entire United States. Founded in 1991 by Reverend Al Sharpton, NAN works within the spirit and tradition of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to promote a modern civil rights agenda that includes the fight for one standard of justice, decency and equal opportunities for all people regardless of race, religion, nationality or gender.
INITIATIVES

Criminal Justice

The right to equal justice under the law should not be conditional or based upon a person’s color or economic status. Over the last two decades NAN has been in the vanguard of the movement to bring such equality to every community that has been unfairly treated. Using the principles of non-violent direct action and civil disobedience NAN has helped to level the field and ensure a measure of justice for those who would abuse their status or seek to dispense justice based upon race or other illegal factors. Racial profiling, stop and frisk policing and police brutality were standard practice in many communities just 20 years ago. NAN has successfully changed that paradigm by ensuring that those who violate the law are brought to justice.These efforts were on display in the events involving the police sodomy of Abner Louima; the police killings of Amadou Diallo, Sean Bell, and Ramarley Graham, among others; and the killing of Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood “watchman.” Many of the anti-racial profiling laws on the books today are a direct result of NAN’s commitment to the principles and practices of Dr. King and the tradition of non-violent engagement. Through its advocacy NAN continues to impact public policy and ensure that government itself is held accountable to the law.

Voter Protection

NAN works to ensure that every vote in every community across the nation is counted. NAN is leading the fight against voter suppression and voter ID laws and in 2012, NAN led a voter engagement tour to register and educate voters. Making history, America’s Blacks voted at higher rates than whites in 2012.

Anti-Violence

NAN promotes an agenda of anti-violence and the organization has been in the forefront of the movement to end gun violence. On a national level NAN has worked for stricter gun control laws and has played a key role in organizing gun buy back programs across the country. In communities across the United States, NAN has led “Occupy the Corners against gun violence movement which includes NAN members and chapter leaders taking over the most violent corners to take back the streets with peaceful rallies and vigils. NAN leadership sits on the White House Anti-Violence task force and task forces in regions where NAN chapters are located. Reverend Sharpton and NAN have brought together leaders in government, the community and youth groups to work persistently to stop the violence and foster positive change in the community to end violence.

Jobs

NAN has worked on advocating at a federal, state and city level for job programs and to create jobs in the public and private sector. On October 15, 2011 NAN led thousands of people to the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial to call attention to the country’s unemployment woes. Since then NAN has pushed for legislation geared toward job creation.

Corporate Responsibility

NAN has made corporate responsibility, inclusion, and diversity an important part of its platform and through NAN’s Madison Avenue Initiative the organization has made sure Black media entities, television, radio and marketing firms, get their fair share of advertising dollars, contracts and procurements. The largest ever deal NAN negotiated was with the NAACP and National Urban League resulting in an agreement with Comcast and NBC Universal to expand current diversity initiatives resulting in four Black and Latino television stations, the biggest civil rights agreement in our time with major broadcasters. The MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) improved diversity in the areas of corporate governance, employment/workforce recruitment and retention, procurement, programming, and philanthropy and community investments.

NAN Ministers Initiative

The NAN Ministers Initiative emerged from the National Action Network’s Annual Convention in April of 2006 and has evolved to include diverse ecumenical leaders within the religious community. The Ministers Initiative promotes dialogue on social justice issues and the black church including the black churches’ responsibility in addressing the social issues that impact the lives of black men and women. The Ministers Initiative led voter engagement tours in the last presidential election and has been active in uniting the religious community around key 21st Century civil rights issues.

Education

National Action Network and its president, Reverend Sharpton, have made equal education a key civil rights issue of today with an agenda of improving educational opportunities for all students and closing the achievement gap for minority and underprivileged students. In May 2009, Rev. Sharpton, Former Speaker of the US House of Representatives Newt Gingrich and NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg met with President Barack Obama in an Oval Office Summit on Education. Rev. Sharpton and NAN then engaged in a national tour with U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan and former Speaker Gingrich to promote this educational agenda. NAN held a national rally on education during the 55th anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education. In 2012, NAN announced a partnership with Education for a Better America (EBA) to promote, sponsor, conduct and fund activities that will build an educational system that serves the needs of students in urban communities. The mission is to create a dialogue between policy makers, community leaders, educators, parents, and students; and disseminating information and findings that will positively impact our schools.

Decency

The Decency Initiative was created in order to reduce the degrading, racially insensitive and misogynous language and culture that has become pervasive today and to hold corporate America and the private sector equally accountable with racial sensitivity. The Decency Initiative promotes a message of anti-violence, self-respect and pride in heritage. It also advocates against the entertainment industry’s use of capitalizing off of denigrating lyrics to describe black culture. Recently, NAN worked with the family of Emmett Till to hold PepsiCo accountable for using a spokesperson that defamed and denigrated the legacy if Emmett Till.

Membership

National Action Network’s membership is open to any person or entity that promotes a doctrine of civil rights and fairness for all people. NAN members share a commitment to civil rights and frequently mobilize in regions across the country to protect equal rights and a modern day civil rights agenda. NAN members are granted access to monthly membership calls with NAN’s President and Founder Rev. Al Sharpton and NAN senior leadership.

J

Juan Dan

do you feel any kind of way that there are himixers RIGHT NOW who you think you cool with who snarking at you and thinking real bad things?
just cause of your color and or racial mix?

what do you think of these blk sopreemaciss?

well dont worry they also fake and front wit wite people also
lol
:vampire:

J

Juan Dan

you are MISINFORMED - you are only getting you info from these trashy websites and general media - you are not entrenched in the community or the everyday efforts of community organizers

About | National Action Network

Anti-Violence

I am beginning to find certain common traits amongst the brooklyn posters
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

J

Juan Dan

Good for you and your DISCOVERY - I hope it helps you.

I am here to help
well yes it was a mighty discovery
it helps to understand things a bit
like a mentality or a cultural thinking
for example it was mostly the brooklyn people that had those junkyard parties and defended their nicely dressed friends

then for example a man like strum who considers himself of a certain class would clown these women as dragon would

yet to the bk men the women might be "normal"
to their friends it was "normal"
I can go on yet you should get my point

yet in this instance a lotta bk posters are like SUPER blk sopreemaciss
seems a bit strange

Lucianite

I support the efforts of an any of all that WORK to uplift and empower African people . I am sure there are things and issues and moments that I can disagree and constructively critique Al Sharpton.

In the context of this thread- I was merely informing the misinformed.

Why your dislike and focus on AL Sharpton ? - you could not fiind a more updated pic with the less weighty Sharpton ?

Lucianite

I think he does one of the best jobs for the people...
gives certain of them hope...
not a bad thing...

yet question

if I told you he deerectly allledgedly responsible for nyc mostly hurlem having TEN MILLION BLK CRACKHEADS

what would you think?
or maybe all that is over your head
and you dont know shit bout your history or your heroez
thereby cant teach shit and will mislead another generation
ok I am done now

but you say "ALLEDGEDLY" - which means "innocent until proven guilty"

Let me know when you have proof and then i can voice my opinion an condemn him...

make no mistake that Sharpton like all of us, he s a flawed individual.. but a distraction by you and others form the real issues..... lets stay on topic... AL is not a relevant topic to me

J

Juan Dan

but you say "ALLEDGEDLY" - which means "innocent until proven guilty"

Let me know when you have proof and then i can voice my opinion an condemn him...

make no mistake that Sharpton like all of us, he s a flawed individual.. but a distraction by you and others form the real issues..... lets stay on topic... AL is not a relevant topic to me
aw I decided not to....
you not learned enough to have this convo.....
the news bout that whole thing came out just a few years ago when he was running...
my main problem with folks like yourself is that yall like robots...
YOU THINK THE EXACT VERY SAME as those in your area and who share your mindset...
thats sad....
hence I will leave you with this...
go do some research and know what you talking about...
please...
and do me one favor if you can be so kind...erase what you quoted...I try not to have certain conversations and write certain things..

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
I thought "OPPORTUNIST" was a good thing think in America-
Yes when you are a business man or woman looking to get ahead. Not someone who claims to be a community leader. Ask yourself would MLK have ah TV show or running around the country saying no justice no peace.

Leaders don’t divide they bring people together © R. Singh

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
I remember when that whole Don Imus thing came about, and Al Sharpton fought to have him fired... Then they turned to hiphop artists and entertainers and said yall cant continue to call women B!tches and Hoes and refer to yallselves as the N word.. but soon as that was brought up, yall fought them down, from Russle to Jay Z to people on Imix quoting Tupac... There are those who get outraged over social ills in the black community, and speak out against it, but most either conveniently turn a deaf ear and blind eye to it, or try to fight them down claiming freedom of speech... or the famous "they from the hood, thats all they know, they talkin bout their environment...."

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Yes when you are a business man or woman looking to get ahead. Not someone who claims to be a community leader. Ask yourself would MLK have ah TV show or running around the country saying no justice no peace.

Leaders don’t divide they bring people together © R. Singh
What kinda question is this... Didnt MLK have marches, protests and boycotts in many different states in the country... DO you think he would have been allowed to have a TV Show back then... and if he were alive today, what is wrong with him having a TV show to get his message out.. if he was offered the chance i guarantee you he would have taken it... and it would not make him an opportunist or a shark either..

Vincent Vega

About | National Action Network

Anti-Violence

Bro honestly idk where u grew up, but i know from personal experience growing up in Perrine, South Miami, i never once saw a rally, programs, or leaders in the community reach out, unless it was convenient to do so. These people never came around on the regular.

In fact, trick daddy and uncle luke(sadly enough) were more so staples in our community with their support of Pop Warner football leagues, buying the kids pizza after games, fielding them uniorms, providing gifts for christmas, and handing out school supplies. Nothing these "black leaders" ever did touched me or any of my nigghas growin up. I know its nice to think these people care, but in reality, unless the regular folk start to make a stand in the communities, u best wait on anotha lil niggha gettin shot by a cracka before u see ur "community leaders again"

Vincent Vega

I remember when that whole Don Imus thing came about, and Al Sharpton fought to have him fired... Then they turned to hiphop artists and entertainers and said yall cant continue to call women B!tches and Hoes and refer to yallselves as the N word.. but soon as that was brought up, yall fought them down, from Russle to Jay Z to people on Imix quoting Tupac... There are those who get outraged over social ills in the black community, and speak out against it, but most either conveniently turn a deaf ear and blind eye to it, or try to fight them down claiming freedom of speech... or the famous "they from the hood, thats all they know, they talkin bout their environment...."
Preach