How not to approach a black man......

DerMonger

Something that's irked me over the years is this:

Last night I was out having dinner with a friend. Seated across the room was 2 black women having dinner. So we pay the tab and leave and go hit the club. Lo and behold, the same 2 women also were at the same club.

So after about 45 minutes in the club, one of them comes over and says: "My friend wants to talk to you".

So I reply: "Why your friend can't come over and talk to me?"

She tries to usher me towards her friend, but I don't budge. And the friend replies: "I guess you're not interested".

How pathetic! Woman think it's too much of her to go approach a man she finds attractive. Too shy or I don't normally do this my ass! This is 2012. She has to have him meet her halfway right off the bat, she don't wanna step outta her comfort zone. I didn't even look at her the whole night.

Been finding that sorta thing a lot over time.

Over the summer this girl visiting at a fete, walked right up and said: "I'd like to dance with you". Starts asking me all kinna questions. Now girl was a little pushy (I was there with a married girlfriend of mines, I had to hold her ring finger to prove it! And she was giving her the evil eye). But geez at least she's a go getter and isn't scared to put herself out there.

Unsurprisingly she was from outta town visiting.

DerMonger

Having a friend to approach a guy standing 10-15 away from you that you like is some bs.

Who the heck is you? The Dutchess of York?

G

Gladiator

I doubt she will want the friend of a dude to come say "my friend want to talk to you"..so she should not have sent her friend to talk to you.

This woman just aint have no game.. Plus I won't waste time with a woman who use the approach of a high school girl

DerMonger

I doubt she will want the friend of a dude to come say "my friend want to talk to you"..so she should not have sent her friend to talk to you.

This woman just aint have no game.. Plus I won't waste time with a woman who use the approach of a high school girl
Such behaviour amongst many women in their 20s-30s is quite befuddling to me.

Missmayling

Last night I was out having dinner with a friend. Seated across the room was 2 black women having dinner. So we pay the tab and leave and go hit the club. Lo and behold, the same 2 women also were at the same club.

So after about 45 minutes in the club, one of them comes over and says: "My friend wants to talk to you".

She tries to usher me towards her friend, but I don't budge. And the friend replies: "I guess you're not interested".

How pathetic! Woman think it's too much of her to go approach a man she finds attractive. Too shy or I don't normally do this my ass! This is 2012. She has to have him meet her halfway right off the bat, she don't wanna step outta her comfort zone. I didn't even look at her the whole night.

Over the summer this girl visiting at a fete, walked right up and said: "I'd like to dance with you". Starts asking me all kinna questions. Now girl was a little pushy (I was there with a married girlfriend of mines, I had to hold her ring finger to prove it! And she was giving her the evil eye). But geez at least she's a go getter and isn't scared to put herself out there.

nice story, Goldilocks.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Sounds like the girl may have found you attractive, but her friend was pushing her to approach you when she didn't feel to do that. The friend may have came over to you on her own. You can see someone who looks good, but that doesnt mean you want to talk to them. Who knows...

Personally, I've always liked the traditional type of man who preferred to and enjoyed approaching a woman, to pursue. It translates to being more manly to me. My view was that if a guy expects me to approach, he's not my type. Maybe this woman was the same way.

dedetriniking

This is the game that many women these days play. they don't care for traditional roles in relationship unless it benefits them. Don't ask them to do anything in the house considered traditional woman's duties but the man still must be the one to make the first approach...no traditional roles for her but the man must defend and protect and provide....yeah the way its always been.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
This is the game that many women these days play. they don't care for traditional roles in relationship unless it benefits them. Don't ask them to do anything in the house considered traditional woman's duties but the man still must be the one to make the first approach...no traditional roles for her but the man must defend and protect and provide....yeah the way its always been.
IMO, it seems like men who don't really want the responsibilities of defending, protecting and providing say this because there are clearly women who treasure the traditional roles (often with some variation if both work). You're not going to get her if your actions do not compliment hers. That works both ways.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings

which one is it?

1. a game many women play these days
2. the way its always been

dedetriniking

IMO, it seems like men who don't want to the responsibilities of defending, protecting and providing say this because there are clearly women who treasure the traditional roles.
Yes...clearly so. I've heard you speak about this before and i have known women who also cherish those roles even while they also have to leave the house to go out to work.

So you're right...also...attractive...and smart. Gyul you are a real catch for any man.

dedetriniking

which one is it?

1. a game many women play these days
2. the way its always been
"The way its always been" meaning with respect to men. These women expect men to uphold traditional roles while preaching liberation from the traditional roles of women. I stated it poorly.

LB

"The way its always been" meaning with respect to men. These women expect men to uphold traditional roles while preaching liberation from the traditional roles of women. I stated it poorly.
So you would be okay if your woman stayed home and did not work to assume a traditional role and not blur the lines as it were?

dedetriniking

So you would be okay if your woman stayed home and did not work to assume a traditional role and not blur the lines as it were?
i'm saying that if you expect me to be traditional you better be willing to be traditional, or some level of it, as well..and not see it as being repugnant that you are expected to take front in getting certain things done.....but its a give and take...that i concede...and you should know where she stands and whether you can cope with that stance before the relationship is taken to another level.

LB

i'm saying that if you expect me to be traditional you better be willing to be traditional, or some level of it, as well..and not see it as being repugnant that you are expected to take front in getting certain things done.....but its a give and take...that i concede...and you should know where she stands and whether you can cope with that stance before the relationship is taken to another level.
That's what I am getting at. How does a relationship get to another level where you in turn end up being disappointed in her lack of traditional role expectation, and you not know that before you both get there?
If you are clear on your expectations before the relationship gets serious enough for "roles" to be this important, your less likely to end up with someone with *such* opposing views. Then women who think like that wouldnt even be on your radar or your concern.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Yes...clearly so. I've heard you speak about this before and i have known women who also cherish those roles even while they also have to leave the house to go out to work.

So you're right...also...attractive...and smart. Gyul you are a real catch for any man.

Of course, the frustration of some men is understood because there are some women out here who do not reciprocate. But there certainly are many women who are traditional all the way through.

So it's not necessarily bad if a woman chooses not to approach. Different strokes for different folks. In DerMonger's case, why not view it as a way to weed out someone incompatible? JMHO.

:blush: You could real sweet talk a woman boy. Thank you. I'm sure any woman of yours will easily spoil you to pieces.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Funny how no sooner did Tweeta call this chump out for living off the left over of his friends with game that he all of a sudden becomes a chick magnet lol

We don't believe you. You need more people.

Teatre

Not your average thinker

Didnt know you were black. Thought you were Indian for some reason.

Anyway, black men are way too fussy. I'm surprised you havent mentioned the girl's arse yet.

Missmayling

And why do Black men play along with such games????