Husband Says He Hates Wife's Natural Hair And Wants Her To Go Back To Weave

LIONESS onda RISE

Smh......btw do you realize what you are saying ? Do you realize that Black women have turned the hair Business in a multi Billion dollar industry world wide?

Why you not calling them out on that......damn hypocrisy also!

Meaning hair matters to Black women.
and this situation shows that its mostly MALE driven!! the reason they do it is becuase they feel/KNOW it is what the blk MAN wants....see how they (the black man) protests when the black woman decides to do differntly? You cant see that? slaves to the Koreans and thier own men!!..SMH!

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
That was a good show. I had no idea that Steve Harvey even had a show.

It's a shame the man feels that way. However, so many black men are extremely affected by european influences and feel their woman must fit european beauty standards as much as possible. Couple that with the fact that men often get thrown off by drastic change and this is the result.

All the best to her. Her hair looks good. Reality is that her husband has issues with his own hair. Hope they do not have daughters.
His outlook is not uncommon among black men. He just choose to express it. To me is not influence because that suggest they simply see or are in the presence of and possibly grow to like as a result. In reality Black people all over the world have been conditioned for decades to not see their own features as beautiful. Many black men would feel the exact same way. The only difference is some are sensitive enough to understand that this approach doesn't yield anything positive. Some will just hold their tongue and never say anything at all. I remember once being with someone who had a style that I thought looked horrendous, but because it was temporary I didn't say anything (at least until a few years later lol). There is too much bait and switch in dating though. In this instance I wouldn't call it that since there is a reason the woman needed to cut her hair, but in general it would upset more men because it is indeed a radical difference.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Lol @ thinking calling me fat is going to make me feel away

Where do they make these overly emotional feminine trini man from?

The island is just cranking them out in abundance like unno have an anti man factory or something.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
His outlook is not uncommon among black men. He just choose to express it. To me is not influence because that suggest they simply see or are in the presence of and possibly grow to like as a result. In reality Black people all over the world have been conditioned for decades to not see their own features as beautiful. Many black men would feel the exact same way. The only difference is some are sensitive enough to understand that this approach doesn't yield anything positive. Some will just hold their tongue and never say anything at all. I remember once being with someone who had a style that I thought looked horrendous, but because it was temporary I didn't say anything (at least until a few years later lol). There is too much bait and switch in dating though. In this instance I wouldn't call it that since there is a reason the woman needed to cut her hair, but in general it would upset more men because it is indeed a radical difference.
For me this doesn't rise to bait and switch, not even for the reason you stated. As a black man, if you had an ounce of understanding of what you come from...you should KNOW that wasn't her real hair. I'm sure you as black man, she couldn't come flippin that birds nest on her head telling you bout she part Cherokee on her mom side.

I agree with those who stated hopefully he has no girl children.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
It is not surprising that the two dudes that always have so much to say about korean hair hats don't have shit to say in this thread

No insight whatsoever...

Place full of clowns.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
For me this doesn't rise to bait and switch, not even for the reason you stated. As a black man, if you had an ounce of understanding of what you come from...you should KNOW that wasn't her real hair. I'm sure you as black man, she couldn't come flippin that birds nest on her head telling you bout she part Cherokee on her mom side.

I agree with those who stated hopefully he has no girl children.
lol true. Maybe having a daughter just might be what opens his eyes though. Unless he so far gone usually parents love their children unconditionally so it should be rather difficult to take issue with hair at that point.

To him it amounts to bait and switch because he obviously fell in love with that look (even if he knew it was fake). So he was expecting her to maintain it.

trinifrombx

and this situation shows that its mostly MALE driven!! the reason they do it is becuase they feel/KNOW it is what the blk MAN wants....see how they (the black man) protests when the black woman decides to do differntly? You cant see that? slaves to the Koreans and thier own men!!..SMH!

Wow, smh, that is deep, so that I can understand, you are blaming the Black Man for pushing or suggesting that the Black Woman wear weaves ?

Hence now it is a Billon dollar industry that is now run by Koreans that world wide Black women supporting and it is the Black man fault, wow.

Smh

LIONESS onda RISE

lol true. Maybe having a daughter just might be what opens his eyes though. Unless he so far gone usually parents love their children unconditionally so it should be rather difficult to take issue with hair at that point.

To him it amounts to bait and switch because he obviously fell in love with that look (even if he knew it was fake). So he was expecting her to maintain it.
falling in love with a look? looks are not maintainable nor sustainable as ppl age, gain weight, they change....

It would have worked better for him had he fallen in love with his WIFE..not "a look"

granted i hear you when you ay most men would feel as he does, but that is a sad state for blk manhood righ there.. so ppl judge me when i say i wont even THINK of dating a man that is not pro-black..that has dated white women..or non black women in the past..cuz dem dudes got nothing i want - mixed up mentality

LIONESS onda RISE

Wow, smh, that is deep, so that I can understand, you are blaming the Black Man for pushing or suggesting that the Black Woman wear weaves ?

Hence now it is a Billon dollar industry that is now run by Koreans that world wide Black women supporting and it is the Black man fault, wow.

Smh
what did you see in that video? wife wants to low de weave...husband protesting cuz he want brazillian butt weave..lol..umm...pretty cut and dry there

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
For those who making the point, only reason she giving up the weave is because her real hair is damaged.

Well isn't that the reason people give up things, because it has become harmful?????

i.e. you go to the doctor because you having chest pains, your breathing is short. Doc examines you and discovers: Mr./Mrs./Ms. you love fried foods...you have to give it up, your arteries are clogged and or hardening. If you don't you will be taking a dirt nap for the rest of your life.

trinifrombx

what did you see in that video? wife wants to low de weave...husband protesting cuz he want brazillian butt weave..lol..umm...pretty cut and dry there

What i saw on the video is a Black Woman that supported a Korean run Billion dollar industry prior and after meeting her husband !

Now vex that the image she bait him with she wants to change.

LIONESS onda RISE

What i saw on the video is a Black Woman that supported a Korean run Billion dollar industry prior and after meeting her husband !

Now vex that the image she bait him with she wants to change.
you need glasses..lol

did you not see that she has damage to her hair..do you know that wearing weaves is not sustainable uless you plan to be bald..like STRAIGHT bald where you damage your scalp so badly your hair can no longer grow?

IMAGE is for shallow ppl..lol! image:kicks GROWN/mature/secure ppl dont give a rats ass about image

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
falling in love with a look? looks are not maintainable nor sustainable as ppl age, gain weight, they change....

It would have worked better for him had he fallen in love with his WIFE..not "a look"

granted i hear you when you ay most men would feel as he does, but that is a sad state for blk manhood righ there.. so ppl judge me when i say i wont even THINK of dating a man that is not pro-black..that has dated white women..or non black women in the past..cuz dem dudes got nothing i want - mixed up mentality
As adults we all should know and understand that, but he seems to not get that maybe. I don't even think he realizes what a negative statement his feeling illustrates as to how much he actually loves his wife. It is indeed sad but it is a part of the mental bondage some are yet to escape. Until more black people can take pride in the beauty of their own features we will be plagued by this mentality for generations to come.

Buhbayduss

change is up to us...
Another blackman ASHAME of KNOTTY, NAPPY, KINKY hair or as we bajans say, NIG-GA PEPPERS...
IF the marriage last and they have children, what messeage he sending to their daughter, only straight or curly hair is beauty and same message to his son...
He should be glad that's an expense out of the way...
And that's her head she can do what she wants with and positive construct critism... goes a long way...
Stupse...

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
Another blackman ASHAME of KNOTTY, NAPPY, KINKY hair or as we bajans say, NIG-GA PEPPERS...
IF the marriage last and they have children, what messeage he sending to their daughter, only straight or curly hair is beauty and same message to his son...
He should be glad that's an expense out of the way...
And that's her head she can do what she wants with and positive construct critism... goes a long way...
Stupse...
right

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Allyuh you Black women are full of it........they both have issuess ,say what it is.........so whatc if they have a daughter, and ?

I t is amazing how some of you selfhating negros always trying to blame the black man !
Not sure what you are going crazy about. You are one angry negro, boy. So much that you can't even comprehend a simple post.