I have a question.....

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
I just met my roommate's friend (a white dude) and when I put out my hand to shake his he opted to give me a pound and say what up instead of nice to meet u.....does anyone else find that wierd besides me?

P

Pebbles362436

Maybe he was sweating in his hands and nervous. So he just decided to give you a pound instead of a hand shake.lol

Redlocks

Mr. BALTIMORE
I think it depends on the context. When I usually meet someone for the
first time I will extend my hand to them. Now after hanging out for a bit
I might give them a "bounce" when saying goodbye.

haitianprince

100 % Ayisien-0% yankee
I just met my roommate's friend (a white dude) and when I put out my hand to shake his he opted to give me a pound and say what up instead of nice to meet u.....does anyone else find that wierd besides me?
He probably a Germ freak. you ever ride on the city bus or train and see people put paper on the handrail .and put there hand on top of the paper. so there don't touch the germs. or either that he can be prejudice , against your skin color. Who knows and plus why didn't you confront him and ask him ?

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
He probably a Germ freak. you ever ride on the city bus or train and see people put paper on the handrail .and put there hand on top of the paper. so there don't touch the germs. or either that he can be prejudice , against your skin color. Who knows and plus why didn't you confront him and ask him ?
lol @ germ freak...maybe he felt the need to identify with me (dunno why) but i ent gonna up and say "U givin me a pound becuz im black?" .....nah

~Urbane~

lol...

:eek:fftopic:
will i see u on the 21st?
you might...Soca on Demand is whats up.:dirol:

so white ppl cyant give ppl pound now?
Its not that.....its like when a West Indian Person tells a American person Hi....and the American Person responds back "bless Bless Respect my youth ...wha gwan? " just because they know the person is West Indian.......Instead of giving a basic response back.

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
you might...Soca on Demand is whats up.:dirol:

Its not that.....its like when a West Indian Person tells a American person Hi....and the American Person responds back "bless Bless Respect my youth ...wha gwan? " just because they know the person is West Indian.......Instead of giving a basic response back.
^^^^that's it....or when i speak to my Black American friends and they say "wha gwan" to me and im lookin @ them like "whatever happened to just saying hi?"'

anyway, i highly doubt that's the way he greets everyone but whatever....

alot of white ppl out here do that shit and it quite frankly gets on my nerves....steups

curious1980

Ms.69, unless you are a man, that is weird.

Unless de man now come from jerking or de toilet, there is no need to give a girl he now meet a "pound", instead of a handshake.

I doan see anything wrong with "what up" instead of nice to meet you though...

Nickyan

D'Original Puttury Lucian
well if that was me, i wud ask him ryt away y he giving me this pound. i think that he's probably thinking to himself and/or stereotyping the black woman. 'ok she's black, mus be poor, and poor ting have a big loan to pay after college' etc. or if it's not that then maybe he's trying to show off or pretend to be sum1 else. maybe he wants to be liked and feels that giving out money wud be the best policy.

but watever it is girl, take that money and RUN! don't ask, just be appreciative for what you get, esp as the US money depreciated.