i love the NEW Brooklyn

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7tU4-lWM1vw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
taking it back to the 80s!!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JqeJkTkUQao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sankofaa

you completely missed my point....who said i am getting excited over it.....

how can someone who doesn't live in or walk thru my neighborhood tell me i shouldn't feel safe, when me and the other residents do?

i personally can walk thru my hood tipsy at 5am from a bar and feel 100% safe...i can't tell you the last time i heard a gunshot....i live facing the park.....but i don't hear rowdy niggas in the park....i see elderly women, taking yoga classes in the park....i see my neighbors white, asians, black, old and young...jogging around the park walking their dogs....and they have a doggy walk section in the park, where i see the white people and their dogs, playing with the niggas and their rottweilers, talking about shit that animal lovers do.....i don't feel endagered at all...i come home from work after midnight every night and have to pass the park when i get off the bus.....once i saw some thug looking dude in a bubble vest, run to catch the bus and hold it for an old lady who couldn't run fast enough to catch it.....

but yet unno want to try convince me, i live in a dangerous neighborhood....kmbrct
well i grew up in that area, i know its changed but i know things still happen especially in the projects cus i dont know one person living in breevort, roosevelt, tompkins, etc that say they dont hear shots weekly and the same people i used to be around are still in the hood doing the same shit, as long as bedstuy full of projects you cant compare it to most nice urban communities in the country just cus white people finally feel safe enough to walk around

To each his/her own i just think the place is overpriced and has no real vibes like one time.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
well i grew up in that area, i know its changed but i know things still happen especially in the projects cus i dont know one person living in breevort, roosevelt, tompkins, etc that say they dont hear shots weekly and the same people i used to be around are still in the hood doing the same shit, as long as bedstuy full of projects you cant compare it to most nice urban communities in the country just cus white people finally feel safe enough to walk around

To each his/her own i just think the place is overpriced and has no real vibes like one time.
and what vibes are you talking about????? lol

WHATEVER you looking for in BK you can find....

what i don't get is people in the same post talking about overpriced....he talking about projects and ghettoness.....smh

so you have dutty grimy projects where guns buss still daily....and you have the overpriced part....so there is nothing in between?

as i say, this truly is amazing that a bunch of broke niggas wanna try to diss the value of brooklyn, but wealthy people can see the value in it.....HATING at it's finest......brooklyn is not overpriced....it's just out of YOUR PRICE RANGE

i wanna know how can they have homes valued in the millions if the areas are so bad??????????? EXPLAIN that

tell me, Mr I Work in the Finance Industry.....how can you downplay an area where property values are steadily INCREASING.....and compare it to places where the property values are STAGNANT OR DECREASING?????

speak to me as a MAN OF FINANCE...NOT A DISGRUNTLED FORMER BROOKLYN RESIDENT???????

sankofaa

what i don't get is people in the same post talking about overpriced....he talking about projects and ghettoness.....smh

so you have dutty grimy projects where guns buss still daily....and you have the overpriced part....so there is nothing in between?

as i say, this truly is amazing that a bunch of broke niggas wanna try to diss the value of brooklyn, but wealthy people can see the value in it.....HATING at it's finest......brooklyn is not overpriced....it's just out of YOUR PRICE RANGE

i wanna know how can they have homes valued in the millions if the areas are so bad??????????? EXPLAIN that

tell me, Mr I Work in the Finance Industry.....how can you downplay an area where property values are steadily INCREASING.....and compare it to places where the property values are STAGNANT OR DECREASING?????

speak to me as a MAN OF FINANCE...NOT A DISGRUNTLED FORMER BROOKLYN RESIDENT???????

lol I'm not downplaying anything, i just gave my personal opinion. Jay himself said he ain't trying to move back to bk for the exact same reason, so we'll be them broke nuggas that cant appreciate shit lol.

As far as an investment we always saw the potential value of owning a brownstone in brooklyn, way back when prospect heights and park slope started to gentrify, they arent making new brownstones so they will continue to increase in value if you have the means to invest in one you should. But new york city as a whole is overpriced, overtaxed, and the quality of life is nowhere near what you get in any american city, its a european style city. Blacks arent the only one saying this, every other group that has been in the city for years is saying the same thing (jews, polish, italians, etc). But since we're having a discussion you tell me why nyc or bk specifically is worth the price people pay for it?

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
hold that thought......i am about to head out to brunch.....but i will answer your question upon my return.....i'll tell Beyonce, you said whaddup, if i see her lol

Bleacher

Banned

and it took white folks to increase the property value. Once rich white people move in it's a different story - they change everything..and they only live there because they can't afford the nicer parts (upper east etc) ... And thats good for the community in general. But the fact is the place still sucks.

Mayak

Imix Bad Man
shots just bark off in Nikki hood...lol. what happen here Nikki.?

Shots Fired
BROOKLYN: *SHOTS FIRED* (79 PCT) GREENE AVE & NOSTRAND AVE. REQ ESU FOR EVIDENCE SEARCH. MNS183 (c) [MNS225]
Greene Ave & Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY
9/30/2012 1:18 p.m.

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
whatever that means......lol

they didn't even know where they were going....i had to direct them.....but oddly enough....yellow cabs rarely want to stop for black people in manhattan...but they stopping for my black ass in brooklyn....i was shocked....

and yellow cabs are much cheaper than gypsy cabs...i don't know why black people prefer gypsy cabs over yellow cabs....i was downtown bk the other day and this W.I dude was hailing a taxi on Court St...every time a yellow cab stopped for him, he told them to go on, but he jumped in a gypsy cab.....
wow so racism AND "reverse" racism going on? lols

So do you think the infamous stereotype of "black people can be famous but still can't catch a cab in NY" will finally die out?

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
you see it!!!!!!!

i rep BK ALL DAY.....i ain't jamaican, i ain't belizean, i AM BROOKLYN....been repping BK from the day i was BORN....from it grime....straight through the social climb

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WEKPBTVxjQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
*side eyes the JAMAICAN flag she's been repping for dog years now to the point where people have to be corrected that she is not, in fact, Jamaican...*

*eyeballs this post*

*side eyes the Ja flag again and liberal use of Jamaican speech...*

lols

Mayak

Imix Bad Man
come on Nikki, whats going on over there in ur hood today... come update me on wats going on.

Shooting
BROOKLYN: *SHOOTING* (79 PCT) 319 NOSTRAND AVE & LEXINGTON AVE. LEVEL-1 MOB CALLED IN REGARDS TO A MALE SHOT. PERPS 2 M/B'S FLED S/B ON NOSTRAND AVE. MNS257 (c) [MNS225]
319 Nostrand Ave & Lexington Ave
Brooklyn, NY
9/30/2012 2:55 p.m.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
l But since we're having a discussion you tell me why nyc or bk specifically is worth the price people pay for it?
lol...i am going to put it this way.....

why is a mercedes benz worth what people pay for it?

why is a diamond ring worth what people pay for it?

why is gold worth what people pay for it?

why is a pair of sneakers worth what people pay for it?

VALUE is based on what WE give it.....and that goes for anything....Nick is talking about bullets flying all over Bed Stuy....but even with all the bullets flying, Bed Stuy has some of the HIGHEST property values in brooklyn.....i don't give a rats ass if no bullets fly in canarsie or crown heights....tell me what the VALUE of any of those places are.....lol

sheeeeiiiiitttttt, i walked to brunch and back....and i am good

LIVE FROM BEDFORD STUYVESANT
THE LIVEST ONE
REPRESENTING BK TO THE FULLEST

sankofaa

But that is why so many people are leaving. Nyc has nostalgia, that's it. Frivolous upper middle class white kids are the only people in the country flocking there. There really aren't any rock solid economic reasons for anyone to live there, rich or poor if you look at the facts.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
wow I'm surprised its actually been difficult to get a cab esp as a female cmon now r they crazy.