If you remember this, you had an awesome childhood...

dedetriniking

well ours weren't quite as big as this but we made tops with the same shape but made out of guava wood. We used to have serious competition where each person will spin their top on the group and the other will have a free shot with his top (and nail on the bottom) to try and split your top in two.

If you used to make a guava wood tops and enjoy these games with your boys in the village then yuh had an awsome childhood.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Db4lH3BZE0Q?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T

Toppa_Toppa

If you still hear this song in your head when you see water running, you had an awesome childhood.

"Are YOU a Wasteroon!!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f1tjmk1EP9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T

Toppa_Toppa

well ours weren't quite as big as this but we made tops with the same shape but made out of guava wood. We used to have serious competition where each person will spin their top on the group and the other will have a free shot with his top (and nail on the bottom) to try and split your top in two.

If you used to make a guava wood tops and enjoy these games with your boys in the village then yuh had an awsome childhood.
haha Wha de jail is dis!

Ah mean, I remember spinning tops but by that time it was nicely manufatured plastic.

But I do remember my brother making whistles out of some kind of wood or seed...you know what I'm talking about?

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
what is the name of the thing u make with string and bottle caps...u have to pound the bottle caps flat and put 2 holes in them to pass the string thru....

T

Toppa_Toppa

what is the name of the thing u make with string and bottle caps...u have to pound the bottle caps flat and put 2 holes in them to pass the string thru....
Oh yes...I cah remember the name nah. Not even sure if it had one!

If you used to play "Boy-girl-animal-place-thing-tv show-total :rofl:

You had a Trini childhood!!

dedetriniking

We didn't buy kites...we made them. All of three varieties....Mad bull....that sang with deep noises in the wind....commong kite and the little chikichong. We were very resourceful as kids.

Again we didn't make them quite as big but if you used to make mad bull kites then yuh had an awsome childhood.

T

Toppa_Toppa

If you remember the Caribbean Amphibian, you had an awesome childhood.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tCDshh48ypg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dedetriniking

Man if yuh used to make box carts to ride down the hills in yuh village yuh had an awsome childhood. Our boxcarts were quite similar to this.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Br5HdAoa24?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T

Toppa_Toppa

If you used to pelt jep nest and run, you had an awesome childhood.

And if you used to put toothpaste on the spot where they stung you, even better!

dedetriniking

Hear nah...what we call summer vacation in the states was all out exploration days for us as young kids growing up in tnt countryside.

Some days we would go hunting birds....fully armed and deadly.....with we home made sling shot. What???

If yuh used to make yuh slingshots outta guava wood and go blue jean hunting with it, yuh had an awsome childhood.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eOuvLx_qU1o?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dedetriniking

If you used to pelt jep nest and run, you had an awesome childhood.

And if you used to put toothpaste on the spot where they stung you, even better!
they nick-named meh chinee one time when ah step on ah jep nest and them tings sting for for miles until ah fall dong and play dead.....lol....ah lie....ah trip and fall and it was then that they left meh alone. But dey sting meh arse up good...meh eyes were swollen shot and meh forward was huge.

Oh man...the memories.

Ah coming again later.

T

Toppa_Toppa

My brother used to make sling shot for us...I think he used to use rubber bands and the metal coils from under the bed. And then a piece of leather to put the stones in. :)

Allyuh ever used to make the kind of motor where you would tie copper wire to batteries and then make the propellers like a miniature version of a old-time aeroplane? And the batteries would actually make the propellers move and thing?

T

Toppa_Toppa

Ninja Turtles!!!

I knew my childhood had officially ended when I realised how ludicrous the notion of Ninja turtles was. *sigh*

T

Toppa_Toppa

If you considered it a privilege to rub off the Blackboard in primary school, you had an awesome childhood.

T

Toppa_Toppa

If you had one of these as a child - you, my friend - had an AWESOME childhood!!