If you were white for a week, what would you do?

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
I don't mean that you are actually Caucasian, I mean that you are wearing a mask/makeup that makes your appear Caucasian. What would do to illustrate the difference between being being Black and being White.

This question does not apply to anyone who is another race or who is visibly multiracial.

Poca

why not?

I don't mean that you are actually Caucasian, I mean that you are wearing a mask/makeup that makes your appear Caucasian. What would do to illustrate the difference between being being Black and being White.

This question does not apply to anyone who is another race or who is visibly multiracial.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
I would walk through Central park like 10pm mad care free...

I would go in mad stores and just browse real care free

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Just because racism against non-Blacks varies widely depending on who you are and where you are. It is almost non-existent for some groups in certain situations. Just makes the data "dirty". Some people admire Asians and some people cannot tell the difference between a Latina/Israeli/Pakistani/Italian so you would never know what they think you are. Look at the Arab jokes that Miss America/USA got. It gets even worse for mixed race people.

There is a recent experiment about a white guy who simply put on a yarmulke and had an eye opening experience but that stuff is not the same as what we experience.

To answer my own question, I would seek out opportunities to duplicate in both races. I would go into Indian and Chinese establishments as both races and see if I get followed. I would go to an upper class social event as both races dressed identically. I would apply for apartments and for jobs as both races.

In New York, the police harassment is not as bad for women so I don't know if I would experience a difference in that regard.

DSP

Heri
Get a small business loan and open a haircare weave store

Walk up to random black women and ask if I they would like a free mammogram for breast cancer awareness and motorboard their breasts

TOLOMB

Red Man
Yuh dam right... I would try for at least $500K unsecured and I was dying at how many women them guys got to do that....motorboard for cancer, who knew *shrug*

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Are you sure? You're always obsessing over Jews.
???

Obsessing over Jews? A portion of my family is/was Jewish and have a recognizably Jewish name (that we have to explain to Americans). I have an interest in many cultures which is evident in my travels and my threads. If I have more of an interest in Jewish culture it is because people are always asking me about it.

And being Jewish has nothing to do with this thread. The thread is about being Caucasian for a day- not Jewish.

SMH