Imixers have you had the experience of

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
being introduced to someone for the first time and they lead in with I've never formally met you but I know you.

What was your reaction?
Does that happen to you frequently?
Does it bother you?
If you end up interacting with that person a lot subsequently, how did things change?

LIONESS onda RISE

being introduced to someone for the first time and they lead in with I've never formally met you but I know you.

What was your reaction?
Does it bother you?
If you end up interacting with that person a lot subsequently, how did things change?
yes, it has happend on occasion, each time, its been a man/male...

i was personally creeped out, and of course inquired "umm...how do you know me?"...i didnt interact further

on the flip side, i have done this to someone..while being introduced to a woman, i let her know we had met before, she threw shade..:kicks..so i guess i creeped her out..because she game me a tight fake smile and thats all folks :kicks

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
yes, it has happend on occasion, each time, its been a man/male...

i was personally creeped out, and of course inquired "umm...how do you know me?"...i didnt interact further

on the flip side, i have done this to someone..while being introduced to a woman, i let her know we had met before, she threw shade..:kicks..so i guess i creeped her out..because she game me a tight fake smile and thats all folks :kicks
It made me feel like i had a stalker i never noticed. On one hand its creepy, on another hand you start to wonder if you're that self absorbed you never noticed this person watching you.
I didn't really ask how he knew me, I figure it will be revealed in time. Plus its probably from someone else talking about me, y they would be I have no clue.
Upon introduction I've also gotten so this is "THE Taj". :superstit and I just think lawd cover me in the blood.

ok to me the female thing is different, you met before and she didn't remember OR pretended not to.
I have male friends that hang with a group of females that acted like that - it was bewildering. I mean how long does it take, well you dont even need to warm up to me, just be civil. I was like damn do I need to put up a FB status "X and me have never screwed" to avoid the cold shoulder? Probably a yr after the first meeting is when they would say hi when standing 6 inches away from me. Some chicks are just rude!

What was your reaction?
Surprise and feeling bashful
ever so often
Does it bother you?
nope
depends on how we met first. that will determine the interaction
so I answered the questions,what did i win??

Lucianite

What was your reaction?
Does it bother you?
It depends on the situation... if its business its probably not a bad thing or a Significant other

on a casual friend basis - i think its a turn off .... you should really not be so presumptuous as to think you "know" someone youve never met and its a tattle tale to say that the person been talking about you....

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
It depends on the situation... if its business its probably not a bad thing or a Significant other

on a casual friend basis - i think its a turn off .... you should really not be so presumptuous as to think you "know" someone youve never met and its a tattle tale to say that the person been talking about you....
yea at least in business its an association with a service or product ; you did marketing for my friend company, they rented xyz from you, you fix/sell pcs etc etc.

true and that's the other thing I don't think its the person that introduced us, hence y it was so puzzling.

Lucianite

a freinf of mine told me that a friend of her sister told her over the phone "we were gonna come visit you but you sister already to told me that we have to give you advance notice so you can clean up"

how phucked up is that ? - even if the sister revealed that which is wrong, the friend should not have gone there

Lucianite

a friend of mine told me that a friend of her sister told her over the phone "we were gonna come visit you but you sister already told me that we have to give you advance notice so you can clean up"

how phucked up is that ? - even if the sister revealed that which is wrong, the friend should not have gone there

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
a friend of mine told me that a friend of her sister told her over the phone "we were gonna come visit you but you sister already told me that we have to give you advance notice so you can clean up"

see it leads over that over familiarity.

Something happened over the course of the night hanging out and the person commented "I had no idea you could be so stubborn" and I'm thinking "Of course not you dont know me" :kicks:

so ludicrous

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made

What was your reaction?
Does it bother you?
it doesnt really bother me if it is someone who i also "know" as in we have mutual friends or run in the same social circles....

it happened recently with someone i have never seen in my life and it was kinda uncomfortable especially because he was emphasising how much he KNEW me...it annoyed me and made me act kinda rude toward him...dude just because u see me driving along a particular street often doesnt mean u KNOW me...

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings

What was your reaction?
Does it bother you?
My reaction depends on the relationship of the person saying it to the mutual person that we know. That will drive my reaction most times.
Overall its isnt uncomplimentary and its meant in a nice, warm way........but on a few occasions you get the "ohhh, you're LB" and they way the say it makes your skin crawl like they somehow now know how they will act/treat you. My guard goes up and I'm standoff-ish in those situations and stays up cause those people end up trying to challenge you some how like they need to take you down a notch when you and them haven't really interacted yet.
Usually its from friend of friends who say things like she only looks like butter wont melt in her mouth but dont cross her if you want to keep your head. So they act like they have something to prove. I will pull up friends who do that cause I dont really say those things to others about friends. I find it un-necessary.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent

What was your reaction?
Does it bother you?
I smile and say cool scenes
Happens all the time (maybe because I was a local celebrity lol)
Not in the least
meeeno nah!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
if i'm introduced to somebody that i've never formally met before but i am familiar with otherwise.. i'd simply say "we've never met but lisa always speaks highly of you".. so they not put off.. as in yea i've heard about you from a mutual friend but we've never met.. i've had the same done to me many times.. i take it with a grain of salt..

i have had awkward moments when its somebody who knows my parents though.. like one carnival i walkin through the streets after jouvay and i hear a man say "young (mother's nickname)".. i had never seen him in my damn life and he was just standing there at the side of the road, tucked away in the cut, in a dark lil corner.. i just gave him a "who the hell are you??" look and went about my business.. lol... a few days later my mother tell me one of her friends tell her that he saw me, called out to me and i gave him the "this man could be a stalker" look lol :kicks: