In regards to Business Admin/Management

pennywhine

which one of these schools would you reccomend,and why.....all opinions welcome,esp if you are a graduate of one of the following....bless

Morgan State
Suny Albany
Suny Buffalo
Cornell
Rutgers
Penn State
Harvard
Iona
and McGill University in Canada

thanks in advance,and if there are any little known scholarships out there for bright students and minorities i would love to know more.....bless

pennywhine

Makka....can you tell me why in your opinion,trying to help my babygirl make an educated decision...bless

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Just going from the list above, I would say McGill but not because I am Canadian but that it has a really good rep for turning out top quality MBA students. That is from when I was interested at one point in going and the research I did vis a vis other universities as well. A good number of my friends Canadian/American have gone there as well and were more than happy with the reaction they got in the workplace when they said where their degree is from.
There is a host of obscure scholarships for kids to attend Canadian universities that are hardly used. I will email 2 of my friends and ask them to provide a source if they can remember unlike me at the moment! lol

pennywhine

Thanks LB.....are those scholarships you speak about good for US citizens going to Canadian Universities? or just for Canadian Citizens?

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Rutgers University (especially if you can get in state tuition)..
great reputation.. maths and business they have pretty good business scool on Rutgers College Campus and a lot of BA/Masters programs
if a new yorker, Suny Buffalo.. they have a pretty good rep as well...

Stony Brook is pretty good with the sciences but it is known as a party school.. i dont know about their rep in business, they are more known for the sciences

Last edited:

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Thanks LB.....are those scholarships you speak about good for US citizens going to Canadian Universities? or just for Canadian Citizens?
that's what I will have the check cause I cant remember right now. I will let you know if they come back with answers :good:

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
which one of these schools would you reccomend,and why.....all opinions welcome,esp if you are a graduate of one of the following....bless

Morgan State
Suny Albany
Suny Buffalo
Cornell
Rutgers
Penn State
Harvard
Iona

thanks in advance,and if there are any little known scholarships out there for bright students and minorities i would love to know more.....bless
Well, Harvard and Cornell are Ivy League.. if she can get in, Id jump on those first. I've heard good things about McGill. Isn't that in Nova Scotia though?
Penn State has a top 25 MBA program (or atleast it use to, they still might be), but PSU is one of those schools with a dedicated fanatic alumni and they always look to hire their own.

LR will come in here just now and bash Morgan State so scrap that school.

Can't Speak for the Suny Schools..

S

sharkie

PSU isn't bad because just with the sheer size of the school (40k) the Alumni network is massive.

Of course as mentioned before, the Ivies are not bad places to start, their name in itself will grant you minimum salaries in the 6 figure range if you can get it. The only thing there to consider is the amt of debt you would be taking out for it. To take out 120k to go to Harvard and then can't find a job is hard.

I would run from Morgan State if I were you.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Morgan has a good BA program.. they regularly have earl graves over and there are lots of seminars etc.. but its really up to the student yes..

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
PSU isn't bad because just with the sheer size of the school (40k) the Alumni network is massive.

Of course as mentioned before, the Ivies are not bad places to start, their name in itself will grant you minimum salaries in the 6 figure range if you can get it. The only thing there to consider is the amt of debt you would be taking out for it. To take out 120k to go to Harvard and then can't find a job is hard. I would run from Morgan State if I were you.
Harvards has one of the largest endowments out there. They have more money than some countries. There is money available at Harvard if a student needs it.

S

sharkie

Harvards has one of the largest endowments out there. They have more money than some countries. There is money available at Harvard if a student needs it.
Oh I know, I spent a summer analyzing the financial reports of some of the top 20. They will have credit ratings better than the US soon. Lol.

Some get the aid, some don't. It's just an aspect to consider.

S

sharkie

yea and harvard gives money to under privileged students with some grant i think
"underprivileged" yes, but if you applying to HBA with 5-7 yrs of experience yourself and with you're single with no dependents, your tax returns may show you are not as "underprivileged" as one may think.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
honestly, i'd choose cornell or harvard because they're ivy leagues. those names will stand out on a resume. i don't know much about the other schools but maybe penn state or rutgers after the ivy leagues.

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !

Morgan State
Suny Albany
Suny Buffalo
Cornell
Rutgers
Penn State
Harvard
Iona

On this list the bold have the best rep overall...and Harvard of course but I don't remember it being OMG...i think (may be wrong) but I think it's more coasting along on the Harvard name...where as Wharton is Wharton!

We are talking about MBA here right?

If money is a concern, then whichever one gives your child the best financial aid package...

Lucianite

I agree Harvard , yale or other ivy league because they have lots of money for AA students...

State schools lke Buffalo and ALBany because they offer quality education at "bargin" (relatively speaking) prices... but depends where you live , if you live in NJ Rutgers would mkae beeter sense than Buffalo and vice versa if you live in NY state

I would question Iona - It;s ok school , I think, but the tuition is probably high as a private school and more likely to offer loans than grants...

There are other considerations too - distance from home , campus etc....

At the end of the day, harvard and yele etc can open doors but it's up to the student. Maybe he/she might thrive better at a school like morgan state....

pennywhine

Morning allyuh... i just had to come in here and thank everyone for the responses that i recieved,much appreciated!

Doctor's Daughter

Measure ur life with Love

Morgan State
Suny Albany
Suny Buffalo
Cornell
Rutgers
Penn State
Harvard
Iona

Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business in Trinidad and Tobago is an excellent choice as welll...