Indian Influence in Trini Accent

you know what the people who arguing down are just doing it for the sake of argument....everyone knows that Haitians are very African in their manner, culture, looks, religion, social construct etc.

SKBai1991

you know what the people who arguing down are just doing it for the sake of argument....everyone knows that Haitians are very African in their manner, culture, looks, religion, social construct etc.
And the same could be said for any given caribbean peoples...

And the same could be said for any given caribbean peoples...
NO! even Jamaica..one of the more Afro islands did not retain as much African cultural aspects as Haitians...Antiguans, St.Kitts or any other Afro dominated island is not as African as Haitians..

If people watch a clip of Haiti people would think it is somewhere in Africa....you could only tell its Haiti if they mention it.

swagman

Banned
none of them are really mulatto for the most part, nor are they generally élite, that's mostly middle class people. Anyway, the "Mulatto Elites" more likely then not wouldn't even make music in kréyol, since they generally love pose like they're French.

Afro-Haitian culture is an integral aspect of Haiti but it is one of MANY aspects of Haiti.

They aren't lightskinned by any measuring standard lol

And nobody is saying it's not African influenced but it's obviously CREOLE.
whats creole about it? an accordion and guitar? does the congo have a creole culture? nigeria? equatorial guinea?

swagman

Banned
dis sounds like any music genre in africa

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O2JSP20_X8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i can imagine people dancing some african dance to dis..

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
NO! even Jamaica..one of the more Afro islands did not retain as much African cultural aspects as Haitians...Antiguans, St.Kitts or any other Afro dominated island is not as African as Haitians..

If people watch a clip of Haiti people would think it is somewhere in Africa....you could only tell its Haiti if they mention it.
This coming from the person who can't even tell me what those cultural aspects are that he's recognized as "African." I'm still waiting.

The same could be said for any West Indian island. Go to an under developed rural area and it will look like Africa.

swagman

Banned
look at these AFRICANS

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6yX7ZXzLkns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SKBai1991

dis sounds like any music genre in africa

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O2JSP20_X8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i can imagine people dancing some african dance to dis..
because Kassav' (and Jacob Desvarieux in particular) PURPOSEFULLY incorporated many stronger African elements when they formed their band in the 70's. If you ever listened to their individual side projects, they generally don't sound like that.

Anyway, they're not even Haitian.

swagman

Banned
This coming from the person who can't even tell me what those cultural aspects are that he's recognized as "African." I'm still waiting.

The same could be said for any West Indian island. Go to an under developed rural area and it will look like Africa.
dis man is so african

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mlsKIO9jNgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SKBai1991

dis man is so african
Those people aren't of predominantly African descent so why on earth would you choose that as an example? Stupid.

And even aside from that, look at the houses, the scenery, etc it looks no different from many parts of Haiti so IDK what you're getting at.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b8ld8u13oBc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fast forward to 1:00 onwards....That's rural St Lucia in the 1990's and it looks almost EXACTLY like Haiti. The people act almost EXACTLY like poorer, rural Haitians, sound almost EXACTLY like Haitians and behave almost EXACTLY like Haitians. So exactly how are Haitian people so radically "more African" than anyone else?

And once again I tell you, go to the RURAL, PREDOMINANTLY BLACK areas on these islands and you will NOT be able to significantly differentiate among them.

Last edited:

swagman

Banned
Those people aren't of predominantly African descent so why on earth would you choose that as an example? Stupid.

And even aside from that, look at the houses, the scenery, etc it looks no different from many parts of Haiti so IDK what you're getting at.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b8ld8u13oBc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fast forward to 1:00 onwards....That's rural St Lucia in the 1990's and it looks almost EXACTLY like Haiti. The people act almost EXACTLY like poorer, rural Haitians, sound almost EXACTLY like Haitians and behave almost EXACTLY like Haitians. So exactly how are Haitian people so radically "more African" than anyone else?

And once again I tell you, go to the RURAL, PREDOMINANTLY BLACK areas on these islands and you will NOT be able to significantly differentiate among them.
i culd tell dat wasnt haiti

SKBai1991

i culd tell dat wasnt haiti
Bullshit. If you didn't hear the theme song in the beginning I doubt you could tell that wasn't Haiti. You can't even tell the difference between Cajuns and French people, nor could you tell the difference between Creole and French so why bother try to convince anyone you know anything about Haiti?

Bullshit. If you didn't hear the theme song in the beginning I doubt you could tell that wasn't Haiti. You can't even tell the difference between Cajuns and French people, nor could you tell the difference between Creole and French so why bother try to convince anyone you know anything about Haiti?
why are you guys arguing about something that is proven...Haitians are the MOST African people outside of Africa...end of discussion...I make no apologies for that because its true...

what is the argument about people!

SKBai1991

why are you guys arguing about something that is proven...Haitians are the MOST African people outside of Africa...end of discussion...I make no apologies for that because its true...

what is the argument about people!
The argument is that you lot are all giving absurdly simplistic and ignorant rationales for such a statement, without actually PROVING it. Aside from that you keep saying that nobody else in the Caribbean comes close, which is completely false.

Haitians are no different from anyone else, they vary based on class and race same way as EVERY other country in the Caribbean. Someone living in the Haitian countryside may well be highly Africanised, but someone living in a city or someone of a different social class may lead a completely different life.

Last edited:

swagman

Banned
Tig come back with his dotish fackry

Tig yall lil festivals aka Dominican Carnivals look just like any other carnival festival in the Caribbean.. Yall even have stick fighting.. What none African diaspora country celebrates their festival with stick fighting? Y'all have sensays we call them just that in Dominica they call them bushbulls in Antigua y'all call them something else ..That shit came from Africa..Y'all costumes and foods are all African and Caribbean mixed. You think cooked plantain rice stew chicken and peae or beans is something uniquely Spanish or Dominican? walk in any golden crust or any Caribbean restaurant or better yet walk into any west indian house during lunch and you gonna be speaking Spanish to them in that case.. It's a fact Natives and Africans got along better than Native and slave master so they willingly mixed more than spanish and taino= RAPE. I have fam that are "Carib" Kalinago mixed with black that are more Kalinago with black features or Black with kalinago features and are always mistaken to be Dominican from DR :kicks muchless when we say we are from Dominica they even more convinced. The ones who chose to live in the reserve Id them self as Kalinago mix the ones that live in the city or else where would Id them self as black mix Like my self i'm a mixture of Black Kalinago and French Creole but I ID my self as just Black yet I'm not putting down my Kalinago side and my french side living in Dominica we exposed to our African Franch and Kalinago side alot so i ID with them good. ..My name Bataka is a Kalinago village where my Great grand father on mother side and great grand mother on father side came from (both still alive in their 100s)I still got loads of aunts and cuz over there and the word Bataka also means Native Of..Africans and Kalinagos used the same word HOW FUNNY IS THAT?.... some Puertoricans look down on Dr ppl they think the stupid naive poor dirty ppl and Dr ppl think the same to Haitians with a plus on the fact haitians are mostly darker skin black ppl. You come in there boasting how the Dr mixed but you talking about how haitians look with their posture, behavior etc. "when do you see dominicans like that" The real dirt poor ones look like that BOSSMAN some of y'll mufukrs dont even have bathrooms and running water some of yall cant even afford to build a faking latrine so yall shit in a bag and parashoot it arse in de river same river yall dotish faks drinking from.. so b4 you start dissing the darker skin black ppl watch how yall living and acting too.. 3 years ago I saw a vid i must look for it..Where a mob of Dominicans from DR caught 3 guys burn them alive then hack and stoned to death. At first watching the vid I thought that shit was Africans wilding out again, but when i saw the discription of the vid it was in DR in some village that look worst than some places in Haiti. A bunch of brown skin black ppl running and chopping up ppl but then wanna call the darker skin ppl Africans lol Tig akak BOBOLE aka wat de fack u calling ur self now yuh funny as shit my dude.
That whole post was bs and there are already genetic studies that prove Dominicans are of mix race, there's no comparison in the non Hispanic Caribbean whether you like it or not

And I'm sure that incident you mentioned was done in a Haitian community, use some logic. And noone looks down on us because of our skin colOr, Dominicans and ricans look more alike than Dominicans and haitians

Last edited:

swagman

Banned
stop projecting your insecurities :rofl: :taunt: am i supposed to feel insecure about being Dominican or something?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8SdBR1Afquo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

SKBai1991

stop projecting your insecurities :rofl: :taunt: am i supposed to feel insecure about being Dominican or something?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8SdBR1Afquo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
lol yeah cuz you get girls :rolleyes:

swagman

Banned
anyway, if your saying poor rural caribbean people are heavily african in culture, then haiti must be the most african country in the caribbean period because 90 percent of the population lives in poverty. so you have no point