iPhone 5 Release Thread

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Apple is late to the party as usual but of course when you are the prettiest one there (or at least when people think you are)...

Skilz™

Apple are all about profits and lack of innovation and they know the I Phone fan boys are going to lap this shit up like dog chow.New charging port?Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
lmao. nothing overly impressive here. phone got thinner, a bit faster. widescreen got wider. here are some specs

iPhone 5 vs. iPhone 4S: what's changed? -- Engadget

they need to evolve imessage more IMO
The funny part about it is that it's just enough of an incremental change that would make someone shell out money. I'm just wondering with the Apple sheep will wake up. The new "features" have been in Android forever. But as long as people see it as the latest and greatest (no matter if it's not much new), people will buy.

First world problems I guess

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Apple are all about profits and lack of innovation and they know the I Phone fan boys are going to lap this shit up like dog chow.New charging port?Get the fuck outta here with that shit.
They have to get people to buy more docks, speakers, and other peripherals. Still can't see why they can't use current standards...Micro usb, micro hdmi...something

S

Spranga

The funny part about it is that it's just enough of an incremental change that would make someone shell out money. I'm just wondering with the Apple sheep will wake up. The new "features" have been in Android forever. But as long as people see it as the latest and greatest (no matter if it's not much new), people will buy.

First world problems I guess
Of course not. That shit boutta sell out in no time. Apple ain't approaching a trillion in vain. The hardware itself is sufficent for the average consumer. But I think it needed to add LTE, which it did, and take iOS to the next level to be a good upgrade. LTE is added but iOS 6 is the big dissappointment here in my view.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Of course not. That shit boutta sell out in no time. Apple ain't approaching a trillion in vain. The hardware itself is sufficent for the average consumer. But I think it needed to add LTE, which it did, and take iOS to the next level to be a good upgrade. LTE is added but iOS 6 is the big dissappointment here in my view.
It most definitely is.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
steups i was in an office where ppl were practically having kittens watching the live blog

then when everything was released.... dey rhel boil down

changes big whoop thats why they can have a new one every few months

coming soon iphone5s+

steups

Val3nie2debone

~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~
I was sooooo looking forward to this phone and whomp whomp dey disappoint me. BUT i will still get it lol....i'm not a crazed apple fan, but I really like the phone.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Also keep in mind that all features touted by Apple on yesterday will NOT be supported by all carriers. Sprint has already said HD Voice will not work. Apple has said no facetime across their network but they will allow unlimited iphone customers to update and keep their unlimited data plan. Verizon will have facetime but it will go against your data cap if you have a tiered data plan.

Your best bet may be getting an iphone on cricket.

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
My two cents since I own both iOS and Android devices. When it comes to phones Samsung beat apple. But apple beat everyone in the tablet market. The iPhone is a simple easy to use phone but it need to change the design and get a bigger screen.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
My two cents since I own both iOS and Android devices. When it comes to phones Samsung beat apple. But apple beat everyone in the tablet market. The iPhone is a simple easy to use phone but it need to change the design and get a bigger screen.
So far yes. But it will be an ugly first and second quarter for the iPad. The Nexus7, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the new Kindle Fire are closing the gap. Notice during their presentation that the number were only up until May 31. I think the gap is closing and more people are beginning to take notice of Android.

S

Spranga

I was sooooo looking forward to this phone and whomp whomp dey disappoint me. BUT i will still get it lol....i'm not a crazed apple fan, but I really like the phone.
look who ballin lol. think i'll pick up 2 also....just bcuz :duck

I also have both iOS and Android devices and I feel the main thing is ppl should just use whatever floats their boat. Neither of them are perfect... jailbroken or rooted.

S

Spranga

So far yes. But it will be an ugly first and second quarter for the iPad. The Nexus7, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the new Kindle Fire are closing the gap. Notice during their presentation that the number were only up until May 31. I think the gap is closing and more people are beginning to take notice of Android.
Android has been gaining on the market because of consumer friendly prices (Kindle Fire, Nook, Nexus 7 etc.) That gap will most likely widen when Apple releases the iPad mini for $200-$250. Whatever platform people decide to buy, going forward that's the pricepoint that will dominate sales.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Android has been gaining on the market because of consumer friendly prices (Kindle Fire, Nook, Nexus 7 etc.) That gap will most likely widen when Apple releases the iPad mini for $200-$250. Whatever platform people decide to buy, going forward that's the pricepoint that will dominate sales.
I beg to differ. Price point matters but obviously not so much because people wouldn't buy iPads because they are overpriced. People want something that is easy to use, looks outstanding, has good quality, can perform all of their tasks with ease. Influence from friends is next followed by price. If it were just price alone plenty of people would be rocking tablets by Craig and Archos.

The fact of the matter is that most people don't care about what is better and what is most suitable. Most people just like to follow fashion (even though they are too stubborn to admit it). Meh wife and I get plenty oohs and aahs about the Galaxy S3. Also got it about the Droid Razr. But the fact of the matter is that having an i(insert product here) is a status symbol. I want to see how much of a status symbol it will remain as more low budget carriers (US Cellular, Cricket, Virgin, etc.) carry it. Hell Virgin's sales were very lackluster for the iPhone and that may be because they are on Virgin (low budget, low cost = I can't afford to spend $400-$600 outright on a phone).

I guarantee if you ask a person what they like about the iPhone they really wouldn't be able to tell you much. The first words out of their mouth would be "well, it's an iPhone" or "it's made by Apple"...

Android and Windows Phone are beginning to focus on and design things that matter while iOS continues to spin it's wheels. People want more wireless stuff and Apple goes backwards with different wires and connectors. People want to use things like NFC because it's more secure to pay for stuff and Apple leaves it off. They are out of touch with the consumer. It's just that most consumers are not smart enough to see it. But so it is with everything in the world.

I like competition because it makes products better. I was hoping to see a lot more from iOS 6 so it would push Google and Microsoft but alas I was disappointed.